Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi folks

Misty and seems to be drizzly(!) here at Keele..doesn't seem to be thawing though and more snow to come from the north west.

About 1cm covering from earlier on.

Ian

Posted

Snowing lightly here for ages but turned heavy about 20 minutes ago and really starting to settle. At last, the snow shield has lifted! hurrah

Posted

Interesting watching the radar as there is definitly circulation over the midlands now. In wales the precip is moving almost south , while the echos over the north are almost stationary, maybe even slightly westly. It seems my location (Stafford) is in the middle. Is this the center of the low?

Posted

Just started snowing lightly in LE3 so here's hoping the trend others have expereinced continues and we get some heavier stuff within the next half hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Interesting watching the radar as there is definitly circulation over the midlands now. In wales the precip is moving almost south , while the echos over the north are almost stationary, maybe even slightly westly. It seems my location (Stafford) is in the middle. Is this the center of the low?

I dont think it it, thats out in the Irish Sea I though?

Either way it feels like it, snow all around and were in the bit in the middle!

Posted

quite lucky here just catching the northern extent of the band north east of birmingham, coming down quite heavy atm. Wont last long though.

Posted

So let me get this straight. The Met Office now have a warning out for Very Heavy Snowfall in Oxfordshire tonight whilst for Northamptonshire there is only an advisory for Heavy Snow tomorrow.

Yep, I'm not amused. Can you tell? :(

Posted

Still coming down heavy in Evesham. About an inch on the ground. Total gridlock on the roads!

Posted

So let me get this straight. The Met Office now have a warning out for Very Heavy Snowfall in Oxfordshire tonight whilst for Northamptonshire there is only an advisory for Heavy Snow tomorrow.

Yep, I'm not amused. Can you tell? :(

do u think we will get any

Posted

I dont think it it, thats out in the Irish Sea I though?

Either way it feels like it, snow all around and were in the bit in the middle!

Running the Net weather radar over a 2 hour period of 5 mins and the circulation is definitly there....

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Well, we've had light snow for the past hour here and has left us with... nothing! The pptn band to the North is looking pretty weak too - maybe I'm just getting worried too early! :(

Posted

snowing started again on the staffordshire cheshire border, small flakes at the moment

Posted

Hi

I am puzzled?? I live in Wellingborough and its been snowing since 7am!! 1-2

inch of snow!!?????? Now some blue skies..but betting it will start again soon!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hi all, I just need to say how much I hate Nottingham right now!! laugh.gif

Check out the latest radar picture, this blob has been about 10 miles to my north for over 2 hours, and not travelling anywhere fast, but its going due WEST. Not had any snow since 6.30am (minus 1/2 hour of flurries and NO accumilation) and that was a dusting of about 2mm.... Everyone seems to be getting hammered but ME cray.gif

post-8050-12626925634125_thumb.png

Posted

Oh dear... looks like the snow in the North may not be coming to us afterall :mellow:

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

To be honest its the snow to the north of wales and over anglesea that I am keeping an eye on...

Posted

Stopped here in Wednbesbury about an inch on the ground, will that circulation bring us more snow later????

Here's hoping :mellow:

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Who cares its now snowing here quite heavily and everywhere else by the sounds of it, when it snows in the midlands temps are mostly around 0C to 1C anyway.

Quite a few people might care as it only snowed for an hour leaving little more than an inch.

My point is it's been and gone for some areas already and moving South. What we have may slowly thaw. Cosford, Shawbury, Chester, Wrexham all showing above freezing temps and the radar shows the main band has passed through. Let's hope for some more later though but that may be it for today.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edited by kar999

Posted

Hi all, I just need to say how much I hate Nottingham right now!! laugh.gif

Check out the latest radar picture, this blob has been about 10 miles to my north for over 2 hours, and not travelling anywhere fast, but its going due WEST. Not had any snow since 6.30am (minus 1/2 hour of flurries and NO accumilation) and that was a dusting of about 2mm.... Everyone seems to be getting hammered but ME cray.gif

You don't know the half of it! Not only is there bog all snow here, but back home (where it never snows) has a Very Heavy Snowfall warning for accumulations overnight of 15-30cm, maybe even 40cm. I'm not happy... :mellow:

Posted

I think we will see snow. Whether it will be as heavy or prolonged as counties to our south and west is uncertain. Clearly the Met Office don't think so. But I think the potential is definitely there based on the GFS and other models.