Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Had a couple of showers starting about 11 this morning, only light and lasting a few minutes. Then we got a heavy one at 12, and another one at 1 which both started settling bu it's stopped now.

Posted

would expect a red warning for Glos to be honest.....Im 43 and I never witnessed PROLONGED Very HEAVY SNOW LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE TIME...

snow is mounting up FAST

this is getting ridiculous...honest...im not ramping

CRAP here mate lol, had 1cm and all melted now.

Posted

Stopped snowing here, but the fir trees on the hills look rather funky.

Is anyone able to do a radar shot of TQ13? Looks really thick with it further north, but doesn't seem to be moving this way!

Here you go.

post-5959-12626992938252.txt

Posted

Hr or so ago.before it turned into ALASKA BLIZZARD

anyone in chelt still on here...Internet realy crap..on a 20mb line

Taking 5 mins to refresh

Edited by dogs32

Posted

very heavy RAIN in poole, pathetic

Dont panic like someone said your just getting bits coming off the channel but brace yourself for whats going to occur this evening VERY HEAVY SNOW!!

Check out the meto RED WARNING totally unheard of down here if this pans out as they say it will make any snowfall of the 1980;s look like a mere dusting could be nearly 2ft of snow I really hope this comes off.Is This really going to happen???????????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Here you go.

Cheers mate,

Odd, as its definately not snowing at the moment, looks like we have had the worst then!

Whats the forecast for the rest of the day, and night?

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Light rain here in the NW of Dorset close to the Somerset border/Yeovil.

Posted

Just trying to understand where the snow will come from..... Is it the rain showing in the channel now that is gonig to be dragged up to the SW?

Really want to know what to keep an eye on...

Edited by NickSomerset

Posted

Dont panic like someone said your just getting bits coming off the channel but brace yourself for whats going to occur this evening VERY HEAVY SNOW!!

Check out the meto RED WARNING totally unheard of down here if this pans out as they say it will make any snowfall of the 1980;s look like a mere dusting could be nearly 2ft of snow I really hope this comes off.Is This really going to happen???????????

I personally dont believe that it is going too, it simply is not cold enough. Its absolutely ridiculous! We have 4 nights of at least -5 and nearly -10 last night with -7c uppers and it bloody rains, if the coldest spell in 25 years cant even bring snow here then i give up im moving!!!

Posted

CRAP here mate lol, had 1cm and all melted now.

best snow Ive seen in my life...consistent heavy falls..

#If this rubbish interent was working I WILL put more pics up.But I think parts of Glos Might be on overload...

3 inches in my front I think...still snowing moderatly...but not Siberian (lol) now more like English moderate snow

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Wow, thats the first time ive ever seen a RED for Dorset! - ITV weather just said a 30cm (1 Foot) of snow is ment to fall here! fingers crossed! - believe it when i see it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Just short rain showers here this morning so far.I hope we don't have yet another disapointment and not get any snow!

Posted

Cheers mate,

Odd, as its definately not snowing at the moment, looks like we have had the worst then!

Whats the forecast for the rest of the day, and night?

Suspect you'll do a lot better than i will,I only like the coast in summer or storms!

Latest MO map reckons 2-5cm locally 10.good luck

M.O

Edited by don1

Posted

Wow, thats the first time ive ever seen a RED for Dorset! - ITV weather just said a 30cm (1 Foot) of snow is ment to fall here! fingers crossed! - believe it when i see it!

1 foot of rain i reckon 4c at the moment wayyyyy toooo mild grrrr what a waste

Posted

I personally dont believe that it is going too, it simply is not cold enough. Its absolutely ridiculous! We have 4 nights of at least -5 and nearly -10 last night with -7c uppers and it bloody rains, if the coldest spell in 25 years cant even bring snow here then i give up im moving!!!

They did say it would start as rain or sleet but the main band hasnt even arrived from the north yet so I wouldnt worry too much,once it all meets up is when the snow starts and then it just keeps wrapping around giving more snow.well in theory anyway but still looking good even on the coast.