Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Moderate-heavy snow falling here. Went for a short stroll and it's now settling on the main roads again and snow getting that little bit deeper. Can only hope this continues for some time as we could get an inch of fresh snow here.

yep, isn't it lovely whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Finally had a gritter along here though need a snow plough tbh!!!

Plenty more to come too!

West Midlands:

Herefordshire

Warwickshire

Worcestershire

Heavy Snow 1800 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6

Outbreaks of snow will turn heavy this evening and overnight giving fresh accumulations of 10-15 cm in places and perhaps locally in excess of 20 cm. This could cause widespread disruption to transport.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1729 Tue 5 Jan

Posted

still just a very very very light snizzle falling here to the north of Notts city centre..... at least it has stopped the thaw a bit

pavements now half covered in a fine dusting

hey ho

FC

Light snizzle has turned to light snow now, looks like the NG7 snow shields are slowly giving way

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Sure is! Wonder how long it will be before chaos decends upon the streets of Birmingham. :( To be fair, everything seems to be running fine considering there is snow on the main roads. Nothing compared to February 2007 when it was pure gridlock in the city. :lol:

Early days yet my friend :(

Posted

West Midlands:

Herefordshire

Warwickshire

Worcestershire

Heavy Snow 1800 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6

Outbreaks of snow will turn heavy this evening and overnight giving fresh accumulations of 10-15 cm in places and perhaps locally in excess of 20 cm. This could cause widespread disruption to transport.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1729 Tue 5 Jan

well we already have widespread disruption and its only 17:43 lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Sure is! Wonder how long it will be before chaos decends upon the streets of Birmingham. :lol: To be fair, everything seems to be running fine considering there is snow on the main roads. Nothing compared to February 2007 when it was pure gridlock in the city. :(

Edit: Radar shows precip heading back SW as it pivots around the Low, so this is indeed the ending of show for us now.

Do you remember Feb 2004?!

Where I live the roads are really bad, I fell over while crossing one of them today and even yesterday pre-snowmageddon our car lost it on a corner.

I am so glad that some schools took the decision to close early today, otherwise rush hour could have been pretty nasty.

Posted

Head to edge hill xanadu, well actually to think of it do not utter chaos up there :hi:

No thanks, had enough trouble just driving up the hill where I live and this with no more than 2cm.

My car does not like snow on hills.

Hopping I get snowed in tonight so won't have to go to work tomorrow.

Posted

This is the first time i can truly say the snow has been approaching moderately heavy since the morning. Seems like the far SW Birmingham has been rather late to join the party, especially as Stourbridge and central Brum are less than 10 miles away.

Currently 5cm of new snow today, approx 7-8cm on grass where last week's snow didn't melt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Starting to think this has been a very large scale non event here. LOL.

Same here. I can't see us getting anymore tonight either.

Oh well, usually happens anyway, used to it by now.

Posted

Light snizzle has turned to light snow now, looks like the NG7 snow shields are slowly giving way

Cheers

FC

The NG7 snowshield has properly given way! By the way, there's a nice heavy band making its way down the A46, I've watched it come all the way from Grimsby and it's just outside of Newark now! Not far to go! :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Turned very light here but at least its trying to snow. Not enough to quite cover road markings as yet.

Looks like some heavier stuff coming before it finishes. So we might manage 2-3cm perhaps.

Posted

Same here. I can't see us getting anymore tonight either.

Oh well, usually happens anyway, used to it by now.

What you going on about? Theres loads of precip around you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

So for this weather warning for Warks, is basically this system going to keep rotating and pulling in more precipitation from the south of me? I'm confused as to how we could actually get much more when there doesn't seem to be MASSES on the radar.

Don't get me wrong, am thrilled with what we have, just wondering if we will get more and school will close so I can have a lie in and the kids can have a snow day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well we already have widespread disruption and its only 17:43 lol!

Widespread disruption already in my household.....I'm hogging the computer, the TV is locked onto endless repeats of the last BBC News24 weather forecast, the kids sky multi-room TV is tuned into Sky news weather forecast.......the sound system is tuned into Radio 5 live weather updates, and the dog is non-stop barking at the snow flakes currently falling out of the sky....Now, thats local disruption...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What you going on about? Theres loads of precip around you.

I think a large chunk of it is anaprop. If you run the radar it doesn't budge an inch and even when it is on top of me nothing is falling out of the sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

snowing and lying yay, been mainly dry after 30 minute snow shower this morning, looks rather patchy, just hope for a decent covering, max temp 0.2C

Posted

snow gone from moderate to heavy now, the radar can be very unreliable when it comes to snow, so don't be surprised to see heavy snow without a radar backup.

Posted

The NG7 snowshield has properly given way! By the way, there's a nice heavy band making its way down the A46, I've watched it come all the way from Grimsby and it's just outside of Newark now! Not far to go! :drinks:

fingers crossed it makes it into Nottingham, though I'm still working, don't really want to get snowed in at the office though...

Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think a large chunk of it is anaprop. If you run the radar it doesn't budge an inch and even when it is on top of me nothing is falling out of the sky.

I dont think so Nick....latest NW & RainToday radars showing nothing over Cannock...thats why there's nothing falling out of the sky...but that will change over the next few hours :drinks:

Posted

Widespread disruption already in my household.....I'm hogging the computer, the TV is locked onto endless repeats of the last BBC News24 weather forecast, the kids sky multi-room TV is tuned into Sky news weather forecast.......the sound system is tuned into Radio 5 live weather updates, and the dog is non-stop barking at the snow flakes currently falling out of the sky....Now, thats local disruption...lol

Thats enough to warrant a Met Office warning :drinks: