Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIV

Posted

Have just registered - thanks to all the knowledgeable posters on here. Some of you seem to have a better handle on things than the official forecasters

East Sussex / SW Kent border (near Bodiam Castle) not faring too badly. We had about 4cm overnight (mostly later in the session, and on top of some days-old crunchy stuff) and have had steady but mainly light snow all day - now got about 7cm. Snowfall seems to be thickening up somewhat currently. Took the dogs out in the woods this morning and was surprised to see that the 'permafrost' which had set in after several days of sub-zero temps had melted somewhat. Took some piccies and will post them when I've found out how!

Edited by stun12

Posted

I think the cats would be the least of those having problems if there was 15 feet of snow.....biggrin.gif

Did you mean inches?

I think they might have been fecetious in that message ;)

Posted

Sunny here bloomin typical

Yes, some nice blue sky around. Might get the BBQ out later ;)

I'm joking, but not about the blue sky. Our turn will come my friend, our turn will come ;)

Posted

Is it possible for one of the hosting team to actually ban themselves? smiliz19.gif Good grief KW shouldn't you be setting a good example to newer members to not turn this thread into a branch of the Samaritans, i'll soon be sending an emergency team round to you to whisk you off to Haslemere in Surrey so that you can play in all that snow and cheer up!

A little hard to be cheerful though when just about everywhere has/or is going to get more snow then you, its sorta like pocket money, you should be glad your getting some, but when you see all your mates getting 2, 3, 4, 5 times the amount your getting you feel like your being short changed.

Its not that we haven't got snow, its just everything about this set-up has screwed S.Essex, the snow band yesterday eveing (though Iamdit I was just about far enough west to get an ok fall) the way the band set-up this morning and now the dry slot forming and slidding right towards SE Essex...you can understand how rather annoying it is...

Anyway band is slightly weakening and will probably continue to do so as it gets further south...until its cleared into Kent then no doubt pep up again! ;)

Posted

Is it possible for one of the hosting team to actually ban themselves? ;) Good grief KW shouldn't you be setting a good example to newer members to not turn this thread into a branch of the Samaritans, i'll soon be sending an emergency team round to you to whisk you off to Haslemere in Surrey so that you can play in all that snow and cheer up!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:;);):rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Just heard ex met office presenter, Isobel Lang on Sky say that Sunday will likely be white out conditions for ALL of southern England! excl.gif

Posted

Looking at the satellite on bbc news 24 it looks to be chucking it down with snow at Westminter, anyone reporting heavy snow now in London.

Edited by nick sussex

Posted

pepping up here now, just seen the school website for my daughters and they are closing at 2.

peter cockcroft now on BBC1 and saying severe warnings for London now. -3 in C London overnight and more snow on friday/sat/sun ;)

Posted

Is the big band that came across this morning due to come back up across the country or go off into France, its just on the radar it seems to be coming back around?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Just heard ex met office presenter, Isobel Lang on Sky say that Sunday will likely be white out conditions for ALL of southern England! excl.gif

Looks likely, but a long way off ... still very interesting times ahead, tomorrow for alot of England, and for the East for Friday/Sat and then Sun too. Very good times ahead!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

SNOWING !!!!!!!!!

2-8CM for east kent tonight , local forecast ;)

Posted

Looking at the satellite on bbc news 24 it looks to be chucking it down with snow at Westminter, anyone reporting heavy snow now in London.

Yes very heavy here in Canary Wharf....i thought the worst was meant to hit around 3??...still have to drive home whistling.gif

Posted

still snowing in this part of essex, slowed down alot but looking forward to 1500ish!!!!!

BBC London weather forecast by Peter Cockroft showed the rest of the week with snow on his charts. I can not remember ever seeing continued snow forecasts like this before. Simply amazing.

Posted

Kold - to clarify; here in SW London (as in the London boroughs), you're currently looking at anywhere between 3-8cms. However, south and west OF London (such as Guildford), much deeper. Currently.

Yep good ole Guildford has copped it yet AGAIN...they got something like 10 inches in Feb as well, they seem to be rather lucky in these events I've gotta say!

Heard they have about a foot this time, thats not going anywhere soon so should be quite a picture...even if rubbish S.Essex fails (relative of course!) again in this snow spell.

Posted

not sure mate. just phoned work to tell them i will be in tonight but we work 3 floors down so they have no windows. best we have is this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/travel/jamcams/cctv/546502.jpg

546502.jpg

Posted

A little hard to be cheerful though when just about everywhere has/or is going to get more snow then you, its sorta like pocket money, you should be glad your getting some, but when you see all your mates getting 2, 3, 4, 5 times the amount your getting you feel like your being short changed.

Its not that we haven't got snow, its just everything about this set-up has screwed S.Essex, the snow band yesterday eveing (though Iamdit I was just about far enough west to get an ok fall) the way the band set-up this morning and now the dry slot forming and slidding right towards SE Essex...you can understand how rather annoying it is...

Anyway band is slightly weakening and will probably continue to do so as it gets further south...until its cleared into Kent then no doubt pep up again! ;)

Aren't you off to Guildford tomorrow? it seems very good down there. I'm sure theres much more snow to come over the next 5 days.

Posted

Been out and about and we have tree's snapping all over the place, some big branches coming of the pines. Over a foot in places, cars getting buried in as the snow falls off them and more settles. Power has gone off twice now but come back on after 5 Min's both times.

Still coming down at a pace but very small flakes, we haven't had the most intense ppn but it hasn't stopped for 20 hours now.

Going to lakeside for the darts this eve as its down the road. Walking it! Going to take some pics later. Will upload them tomo.

Edited by mesocyclone

Posted

I think they might have been fecetious in that message ;)

Sorry: really, really, wasn't meaning to be narky: made me chuckle thinking of 5 metres of snow and wanted to share.

Had vision of cat with spade trying to carve tunnel through it all. ;)

Posted

finally looks like the snow is becoming more organised in the centre of london,this has been another weedy event for london really.....only 8 miles from centre its looks like another planet......enjoy what you have!

Posted

BBC Local forecasts (yes i know i should know better and get the seaweed out instead!) for another few inches tomorrow for initially Norfolk then into Suffolk and Essex...

btw heavy-moderate snow again after a slight lull

Posted

BBC London weather forecast by Peter Cockroft showed the rest of the week with snow on his charts. I can not remember ever seeing continued snow forecasts like this before. Simply amazing.

as an old bugger i remember winters like this... but i have to say it's the best we have had for many years now ;)