Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIV

Posted

Hasn't stopped snowing in Eastbourne since 6.30 and it's now increasing considerably. Still not laying too thick, but when those temps drop later in the afternoon.....

See, everybody moaning yesterday and now we have potentially the biggest snow event for years. Just can't wait till the 'can't get to the shops/station/relatives/work/pub' comments start rolling in! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

More heavy snow now on top of the 30+cm last night cold.gif

This now is the heaviest 24hr period of snow I have ever seen (in UK) and Im sure I have seen more snow in 24hrs then 10 winters combined back in the christmas pudding days whistling.gif

People remember those 'christmas modern...era.... winters' . You might get a flake under a lamp post mid march

ps who has made modern...era read........... puddings ?? 3 times now ?????

Edited by stewfox

Posted

as an old bugger

Yep, I'll go along with that :good:

You are definitely an old bugger!!!! :lol:

Posted

Looking at the satellite on bbc news 24 it looks to be chucking it down with snow at Westminter, anyone reporting heavy snow now in London.

Hi Nick

Starting to intensify now in Excel......Wouldnt be surprised of a few hours of this now and a few good looking days to come for snow in SE England! :good:

Posted

Heavier snowfall started again here at about 13:45, started light at about 13:30. Weather station is still reporting a gentle ENE wind. Which looking at NW radar should mean I see a stream of snow for a while yet.

I reckon places west of here like St Albans are going to be posting about heavier snowfall shortly.

Posted

Yep good ole Guildford has copped it yet AGAIN...they got something like 10 inches in Feb as well, they seem to be rather lucky in these events I've gotta say!

Heard they have about a foot this time, thats not going anywhere soon so should be quite a picture...even if rubbish S.Essex fails (relative of course!) again in this snow spell.

Enjoy it. I live in Bromley and I will always remember Feb 09, proper pasting that was. Tame here, so far, today by comparison. Having said that, it is pepping up a bit in Kingston! :good:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

LOCAL FORECAST :

Snow moving in from the north ( east anglia ) , through late afternoon evening! :good:

Posted

Well this location could end up being the only one without seeing any snow! BBC weather looks awful for here, I did expect at least a covering this morning but even that failed!

Off to cry now!!!!!

Those that have some enjoy it :good:

Posted

Hi all - just to report we only have 3-5cm in Raynes Park, SW London. It's a case of so close...yet so far.

It's been snowing (lightly) all day - not really adding to the snow cover but at least preveting a thaw.

Looking forward to that band just to the north of London

Congrats to all folks who got 15cm+!

Raynes Park, SW20

Edited by mulzy

Posted

Hasn't stopped snowing in Eastbourne since 6.30 and it's now increasing considerably. Still not laying too thick, but when those temps drop later in the afternoon.....

See, everybody moaning yesterday and now we have potentially the biggest snow event for years. Just can't wait till the 'can't get to the shops/station/relatives/work/pub' comments start rolling in! whistling.gif

i cant get to the pub in the summer let alone winter :p:)

getting heavy here now. my car was cleared this morning to do the school run, but now covered again :good: :lol:

Posted

Looks likely, but a long way off ... still very interesting times ahead, tomorrow for alot of England, and for the East for Friday/Sat and then Sun too. Very good times ahead!

Well as for Sat/sun stil lbig model uncertainty, the GFS is less keen then the UKMO/ECM but something to watch...

However I'm not at all happy with the set-up progged, looks to me like a light snowfall presistant snowfall set-up, which won't be good enough for coastal locations because the system that brings up the possible precip is a front that has some milder air embedded above it...should be good inland though IF it makes it!

Nick, yeah exactly but I feel really bad and unhappy for everyone else, esp the guys to my east who got far less then even me, it relaly has been a horrid spell of weather given everywhere else north, west and eventually south after this band slows right down...

As you say plenty more snow events to come but none really stand out for S.Essex, esp more western parts of the county which never ever do well from NE airflows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Light snow just started to fall in Rochford, Essex, still 2 cms hanging around on the grass, driveway etc

Posted

Hi Nick

Starting to intensify now in Excel......Wouldnt be surprised of a few hours of this now and a few good looking days to come for snow in SE England! yahoo.gif

my daughter is supposed to be at C. Wharf on a school trip today. is the transport OK there?

Posted

Light snow just started to fall in Rochford, Essex, still 2 cms hanging around on the grass, driveway etc

At least one of us is seeing some flakes.

EDIT: Just saw one zoom past the window :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Is it possible for one of the hosting team to actually ban themselves? :good: Good grief KW shouldn't you be setting a good example to newer members to not turn this thread into a branch of the Samaritans, i'll soon be sending an emergency team round to you to whisk you off to Haslemere in Surrey so that you can play in all that snow and cheer up!

I used to live there! I've been trying to get a snow report from old friends still round the area since last night with no luck. Are they sheltering in the Library on Wey Hill burning books or what?

If anyone's there please post your snow reports… :lol:

Posted

dont know if anyone has posted this yet but just got back indoors and its snowing large lumps in leighton buzzard

Posted

Interesting that in the far se the flow is se to east and further north more ne, perhaps we might see an intensification of the precip as we see a convergence type zone set up especially in the Thames estuary, what do you think KW?

Edited by nick sussex