Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIV

Posted

Getting heavier here again, 21 hours of continuing snowfall!

Yeah, you can really add merc's to the list, my brother drives one and they can't handle frost let alone snow! Automatic ones are the worst.

Posted

Heavy snow in Chelmsford, but very small flakes currently. If the flakes get much bigger we it will be similar to earlier this morning. From the radar it seems that we may be in luck in a short while.

Posted

Afternoon All-

Things beginning to turn here now in Barnehurst- light to slightly moderate snow all day- but minimal accumulations temps up at 0.5c,however the last 30 mins feels as though the air is drying out-

Thermom is down at 0.4 & snow is just beginning to settle again-

LOTS of heavy snow developing out to the NE of us as well- should be a good few hours here- overall 2 wet inches on the ground with moderate snow falling-

Mike what temp & dp you got- has it dropped in the last hour- I was expecting it to....

S :drinks:

Steve

Having looked at the last 3 to 4 radar scans it is definately backbuilding and straming on its North and east side to our NE

Posted

Bounds Green is now seeing the first properly heavy snow since it first started last night, so anyone nearby, especially south-west of here, look out for it!

Looking forward to this one my friend, nine or so miles SW of you in Ealing, W5. Only light snow here – at the moment. But the radar looks promising!

Posted

can we stop using sweet adjectives to describe the snow please! i fancy something sweet now! :)

still moderate fall here. am wondering if it will start to affect roads, which although were clear this morning, have not been gritted since.

87-0 in the cricket. looks nice in S. Africa :drinks:

Paul, you still in work? am thinking about coming into work early but not sure how trains are doing on dartford line as it seems to be getting heavier.

Posted

virtually nothing here in south norfolk, as I expected, everywhere but here. And im totallly sure that will be the case tomorrow and fri, just like it was before christmass and last feb. Has anyone got some rope?

Posted

Steve

Having looked at the last 3 to 4 radar scans it is definately backbuilding and straming on its North and east side to our NE

Sounds like a tornado chaser saying that "backbuilding" :drinks:

Posted

Getting heavier here again, 21 hours of continuing snowfall!

Yeah, you can really add merc's to the list, my brother drives one and they can't handle frost let alone snow! Automatic ones are the worst.

:D Automatic Mercedes SLK!

Nice in the Summer (Well was in 2006/07) :):)

Complete B*****d in the winter months :drinks:

Posted

OMG, we have Massive Massive thick flakes, biggest all day by miles !!!!

Posted

Cheer Up Mate

If it is any conselation, the band is backbuilding on its North and East side just along the Suffolk Coast so a constant stream of Snow to push south, looks healthier than I thought it would tbh

Its tilting Paul, that means its good SE Essex, but utter rubbish for my location as we'll slip inbetween the two heavier lobes, which effectivly means any hope of any settling snow slips by as well with it....your location at home may well cop a few cms from that, once you get to SW Essex probably 0.5-1cm *tops* from the band...where it can settle.

EDIT---saying that the precip is still feeding its way WSW which is some good news, no doubt it'll decay though by the time it gets here!

Edited by kold weather

Posted

snowing steadily in Borehamwood again. Reasonable size flakes rather than the tiny ones we were having most of the morning.

Think that might be it for us (for today) once this band has passed - the systems seem to be sinking south rather than easterly.

Mispy

Posted

yes still falling in bigish flakes ,seems theres something happening just north of milton keynes where the cloud is developing

Current data for Linslade

06 January 2010 14:26:50

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.7

Trend (per hour) +0.1

Average today -0.6

Wind chill 0.7

Humidex -1.6

Dew Point -0.7

Rel Humidity 90%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 9.2 SW

Average Speed 3.1 WNW

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.9

Total today 0.9

Total yesterday 0.0

Total this month 4.5

Total this year 4.5

Pressure (mb):

Current 1004.2

Trend (per hour) +0.4

Posted

virtually nothing here in south norfolk, as I expected, everywhere but here. And im totallly sure that will be the case tomorrow and fri, just like it was before christmass and last feb. Has anyone got some rope?

Sorry would help but I might need mine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Saint....seems to me to have got noticeably colder with this batch of snow.. perhaps just because of the wind or maybe the "real cold" now digging down from the north. What do you think?

Steve

Yes things building nicely....

Flakes getting a tad bigger- just need about 0.2/0.3 temp drop-pretty please :drinks:

S

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Its tilting Paul, that means its good SE Essex, but utter rubbish for my location as we'll slip inbetween the two heavier lobes, which effectivly means any hope of any settling snow slips by as well with it....your location at home may well cop a few cms from that, once you get to SW Essex probably 0.5-1cm *tops* from the band...where it can settle.

Now you know how i felt that day we had nothing and west kent got alot , thats when the insults started my way :drinks: .

Few snowflakes still falling in the wind here :)

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Still snowing lightly here . No great thaw but alittle car and house melt. Temperature had risen to 0.5ºC but starting to drop again. Now down to 0.1ºC with dew point remaining constant at -0.4ºC. Any melt looks like stopping now with still another 5-6 hours of light snow to come.

Posted

can we stop using sweet adjectives to describe the snow please! i fancy something sweet now! :)

still moderate fall here. am wondering if it will start to affect roads, which although were clear this morning, have not been gritted since.

87-0 in the cricket. looks nice in S. Africa :drinks:

Paul, you still in work? am thinking about coming into work early but not sure how trains are doing on dartford line as it seems to be getting heavier.

Yep

Had no problems at all - C2C Perfectly on time, no snow on the ground in C London, Victoria Embankment looks like it is a Sunday and I am not leaving until 6pm - Cannot for the life of me see much disruption unless it freezes over with ice then snows as we all know what happens in that scenario around London