Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIV

Posted

this is true well most rear wheel drives my friend said his dad jaguar was bad and then i watched the news and all they showed was jaguars skidding

You can add Most Mercedes to that List as well - Absolute Pigs in the Snow and Ice

This morning my Renault (Front Wheel Drive) Effortlessly pulled off the drive onto the 0.0000000234cm of snow compacted on top of the frost and perfomed perfectly on the School Run

When getting into the Merc, the things slid down the road sideways with the rear wheels spinning like a hamster in it's wheel - Crud!

Posted

this is true well most rear wheel drives my friend said his dad jaguar was bad and then i watched the news and all they showed was jaguars skidding

Most of the weight is over the front wheels being the engine. Fill the fuel tank to full (if you can afford it :yahoo: ) or put some extra weight in the boot. Not too much mind you, my uncle broke the rear springs on one of his cars putting too much weight in theirs :rofl:

Edited by Wayneywoo

Posted

Lol.

If that lot in the N.Sea around F'Stowe/Harwich, keeps it track then we should get a decent amount soon. Perhaps Giant Button sized flakes!

No doubt my location will end up in the gap between the heavier precip, either that or the precip to the north of the clear slot will decay just as it arrives...

Nice flakes here but ground is becoming very wet...nothing is going to settle here and thus as I said earlier on, 0cms wil lbe the total snowfall from this lot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Well well, We have the heaviest ppn of the last 24hrs here now. Lots of white choc covered cornflakes falling.

sounds good should be coming my way then :yahoo:

Posted

No doubt my location will end up in the gap between the heavier precip, either that or the precip to the north of the clear slot will decay just as it arrives...

Nice flakes here but ground is becoming very wet...nothing is going to settle here and thus as I said earlier on, 0cms wil lbe the total snowfall from this lot!

Give it a rest mate for gawds sake!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

1C here , sky getting more and more grey

Posted

You can add Most Mercedes to that List as well - Absolute Pigs in the Snow and Ice

This morning my Renault (Front Wheel Drive) Effortlessly pulled off the drive onto the 0.0000000234cm of snow compacted on top of the frost and perfomed perfectly on the School Run

When getting into the Merc, the things slid down the road sideways with the rear wheels spinning like a hamster in it's wheel - Crud!

My beamer's rubbish in snow too.

Quite glad it won't start at the minute.

My Lexus was good as it has a snow setting which meant the hybrid electric transmission took over to prevent it from revving too much. Didn't stop it sliding sideways down Clerkenwell Road last February however.

Posted

This is the heavist amount of settled snow ive seen. 5-6 inches. Cars just about able to get up the hill near where i live however travelling very slow alone the estate road. Still snowing very finely here again now having stopped for about half an hour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

It's as intense as this morning now...with perhaps a little more venom through the accompanying breeze. Even as I type it's getting more blizzard like! :-)

Posted

Mercs are indeed rubbish in Snow and Wet!!

Have stuck to front wheeled for some time now.

Now having loads of Snow falling and all the local kids have been sent home from School/College. Seems they saw this coming.

Posted

Well thats pretty much stopped now........why do I feel so hungary all of a sudden after reading some of these posts whistling.gif

Looks like a gap in the snow on the radar aimed perfectly at the Southend area as per usual..

Posted

Cheer Up Mate

If it is any conselation, the band is backbuilding on its North and East side just along the Suffolk Coast so a constant stream of Snow to push south, looks healthier than I thought it would tbh

Posted

It's as intense as this morning now...with perhaps a little more venom through the accompanying breeze. Even as I type it's getting more blizzard like! :-)

I thought the wind had picked up more!

Posted

Bounds Green is now seeing the first properly heavy snow since it first started last night, so anyone nearby, especially south-west of here, look out for it!

Posted

Just heard ex met office presenter, Isobel Lang on Sky say that Sunday will likely be white out conditions for ALL of southern England! excl.gif

Apart from NE Kent :yahoo::rofl:

Posted

Lovely blue skies here, cloud cover decreasing rapidly. Temp not far off 2c. Who mentioned the frozen north? Glad to see some of the snow pics on here - fingers crossed I can put some of mine up over the next few days when the real snow arrives here.

sounds good should be coming my way then :)

Afternoon All-

Things beginning to turn here now in Barnehurst- light to slightly moderate snow all day- but minimal accumulations temps up at 0.5c,however the last 30 mins feels as though the air is drying out-

Thermom is down at 0.4 & snow is just beginning to settle again-

LOTS of heavy snow developing out to the NE of us as well- should be a good few hours here- overall 2 wet inches on the ground with moderate snow falling-

Mike what temp & dp you got- has it dropped in the last hour- I was expecting it to....

S :drinks:

Posted

although the front is moving south quicker, there is definately a streamer effect in evidence rather like this morning. Could do with the front stalling really.

I think areas to the south and east of London will benefit from the streamer effect more this afternoon.

Posted

:drinks: Where was that Pat ?? Location, I am guessing on the coast somewhere in the NE Or along the S Coast

I dont know mate, just caught the end on the news earlier at my dad's...

might be like someone said on here Scottish Sea Spout's..

BBC was calling it Mini Tornado..

PIC TAKEN EARLIER IN MY BACK GARDEN :)

post-3696-12627878916252_thumb.jpg