Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIV

Posted

Even heavier snow currenntly falling here. Probably the heaviest of the day so far. We again seem to be benefiting from a stream of snow, that as is mentioned by others, is slowly, (very slowly) going to nudge south. If it has this kind of intensity later, then people are going to be in for a surprise I would think as just some hints of it intensifying. More yellows on my radar.

Can I post the NW radar in here for comment?

Posted

Lol.

If that lot in the N.Sea around F'Stowe/Harwich, keeps it track then we should get a decent amount soon.

Yeah looks promising how it's pouring in from there :cold: I see c2c are still running OK - I think they'll do anything they can to keep running to keep up their record breaking train punctuality of late - I just hope they get me home!

Posted

Snow falling is the same as when we had the heavy snow this morning!:cold: Same size and amount........ Very heavy.

More to come for you Saint.

Posted

If anything the band proved even more stubborn to move away from your area then I thought, turns out my 9-10 inches total was probably a little low side!

Whats the roads like round that way, I'm guessing a total mess...looks like I'll be walking to my Gfs from the station tomorrow given the amounts involved, that'll be fun!

The main roads are drivable if you haven't got a BMW, the worst car I've seen for snow! so many of em cause chaos on my hill outside. Was funny watching an old micra overtake one. clap.gif

All the side roads are deep, at least 6" to over a foot depending on cover. Hardly anyone out on the roads though. Tree has fallen on a power line near guildford somewhere which has cut power for a lot of people around here, luckily mine is back on, for now.

Edited by mesocyclone

Posted

message for Paul.S

Was report's of a Small tornado somewhere,

sorry that's all I know at present.

This might be old new's now crazy.gif you might already know

BBC news at lunchtime reported 'sea spouts' in Scotland - is this what you mean? I think they were very high...

Posted

Here in C London we had Skittles earlier - Then they turned into Minstrals and now back to Skittles!

Nothing Settling here so dont worry about not getting the precip - It is Sssssshiiiitte!

Anyone getting any decent Cadbury Flakes :cold::oops:

Posted

A few pictures of Bounds Green in North London at around 11am-ish. It began snowing properly again at around 07.45 and since then has not stopped once, although on a number of occasions it has been extremely light, as is the case now. The radar seems to show that it will start up properly again soon though what with that band to the north moving south. Snow depths are around 8cm, a pleasant surprise as we weren't promised much up here, although given that I used to live in Guildford at the top of a hill, and was snowed in with over a foot of snow back in Feb, I'm a bit jealous of them now that I've moved to see that they're doing it all over again! But I understand that some haven't seen much or any snow at all so am happy with my lot. And it's just started snowing with nice big flakes outside again so that's good! Looks like the band has arrived.

post-11052-12627867095852_thumb.jpg

post-11052-12627867249652_thumb.jpg

post-11052-12627867397052_thumb.jpg

post-11052-12627867859652_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

absolutely thumping down here in warren street

Where in Warren Street do you work?

I am based in Euston Tower on the corner of Euston Road/ Hampstead Road, but I am working from home today as I had to go out on a site visit in the Thurrock Area this morning and have just returned home.

The snow is falling heavily here but as Kold Weather indicated earlier in his neck of the woods (Thurrock) the amount of snow thus far is much less.

Looking at the set up from tonight until Monday he looks as if he will be doing well along with the rest of us.

Dave

Posted

message for Paul.S

Was report's of a Small tornado somewhere,

sorry that's all I know at present.

This might be old new's now :cold: you might already know

:oops: Where was that Pat ?? Location, I am guessing on the coast somewhere in the NE Or along the S Coast

Posted

Saw the Look East forecast from that Julie bird and she said about a couple of cms of the ppn moving down from the north in an hour or so whilst tomorrow a little feature will move in from the NE over Norfolk and move southwards and there could be up to 5cms or so over our region (The National forecast at 13.25 said it was a feature they were keeping an 'eye on'). Not much mentioned about the weekend apart from an icy easterly.

Might get a cm out of that lot on the Costa Del Burnham then. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Finally someone's got back to me and Fernhurst has had 25 cm with more to come (probably more up the hill where I used to live) — wow!

Posted
  • Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Guildford, Surrey
  • Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Guildford, Surrey

Here's my family's 4-foot snowman - we'd have made him bigger, but we got distracted by the Mother of All Snowball Fights!

:cold:

post-6357-12627871987052_thumb.jpg

Posted

Well well, We have the heaviest ppn of the last 24hrs here now. Lots of white choc covered cornflakes falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Here in C London we had Skittles earlier - Then they turned into Minstrals and now back to Skittles!

Nothing Settling here so dont worry about not getting the precip - It is Sssssshiiiitte!

Anyone getting any decent Cadbury Flakes :oops::cold:

had sugar puffs ten minutes ago but now its porridge oats :oops: edit.. ready brek now

Posted

Blue skies emerging here and clouds dispersing. aggressive.gif Was hoping I might just catch a trail end.... not looking great for later either, everythings too far south (or Im too far north! )

Posted

The main roads are drivable if you haven't got a BMW, the worst car I've seen for snow! so many of em cause chaos on my hill outside. Was funny watching an old micra overtake one. clap.gif

All the side roads are deep, at least 6" to over a foot depending on cover. Hardly anyone out on the roads though. Tree has fallen on a power line near guildford somewhere which has cut power for a lot of people around here, luckily mine is back on, for now.

this is true well most rear wheel drives my friend said his dad jaguar was bad and then i watched the news and all they showed was jaguars skidding

Posted

So basically, within Zones 1-3 of London the snow falling now, isnt settling, zones 4 + it is.

and that is the London weather.

still snowing encouragingly though.

Posted

Saint - looks like it wont be much more than an hour. maybe another 3cms ???

Well, heaviest snow of the day, up Bedford way they got 2 inches out of this in about an hour so maye over 5cm's, Main roads are covered with snow again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Well thats pretty much stopped now........why do I feel so hungary all of a sudden after reading some of these posts whistling.gif

Posted

Afternoon folks,

Snowing again here, just light at the moment but NW radar look interesting further along the coast.

regards,

Steve ( Leigh-on-Sea )