Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIV

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

The southbound front/band has just passed through here - it dropped around 2 cm of snow - and we were in one of the more intense patches. Don't expect too much.

Posted

Yep

Had no problems at all - C2C Perfectly on time, no snow on the ground in C London, Victoria Embankment looks like it is a Sunday and I am not leaving until 6pm - Cannot for the life of me see much disruption unless it freezes over with ice then snows as we all know what happens in that scenario around London

Thats actually quite a possible risk depending how fast this moves out the way, ice is going to be a huge problem, esp if there has been a little melt like there has around this area...roads will be fun this eveing!

Posted

Saint....seems to me to have got noticeably colder with this batch of snow.. perhaps just because of the wind or maybe the "real cold" now digging down from the north. What do you think?

Seeing as it came from the noth, it may be the colder air starting to dig in.......

Posted

Still lightly snowing in Burgess Hill

Temp 0.2 and Dew -0.9 Both dropping down now!

Posted

Yep

Had no problems at all - C2C Perfectly on time, no snow on the ground in C London, Victoria Embankment looks like it is a Sunday and I am not leaving until 6pm - Cannot for the life of me see much disruption unless it freezes over with ice then snows as we all know what happens in that scenario around London

cheers mate. just checked journey planner for SE trains :good:

There are no direct services to London Charing Cross departing from Woolwich Arsenal within the next hour.

:cold:

Posted

Don't forget all, there is an interesting feature coming out of Norway tomorrow heading towards the SE. I wonder what goodies this will have in-store for us?...

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

would any of you knowledgeable folk know what the prospects are for me in south norfolk for the rest of the week?

thanks in advance..

The chance of snow throughout the rest of the week and weekend , but keep checking that radar!

Posted

1415z Radar

Heads up for Southend and Estuary - Seems to be an organised Stream setting up and heavier echoes just East of Southend!

Also Heavier around Chelmsford - Clear slot in the Middle of this which should also fill in soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

HUGE flakes now. After several hours of light/moderate snow that wasnt really adding anything to the lying snow, its really pepping up now. This should give a good top up.

Posted

Don't forget all, there is an interesting feature coming out of Norway tomorrow heading towards the SE. I wonder what goodies this will have in-store for us?...

Smarties, M&M's, cocoa pops, flakes :cold::good:

Posted

Heavy snow in Hornchurch again! yahoo.gif

Gosh thats so close, please just send it a little southwards...but looking at the radar yet AGAIN I'm just a little too far south to latch onto that band and have to put up with yet more weak snowfall...

Guest archiesmummy

Gosh thats so close, please just send it a little southwards...but looking at the radar yet AGAIN I'm just a little too far south to latch onto that band and have to put up with yet more weak snowfall...

i am not a million miles from you either and just told the snow to also cover Thurrock...hope helps!!!!

Posted

1415z Radar

Heads up for Southend and Estuary - Seems to be an organised Stream setting up and heavier echoes just East of Southend!

Also Heavier around Chelmsford - Clear slot in the Middle of this which should also fill in soon

Yep noticing that as well, not that strong for now but at least its throwing some decent precip down the thames at long freaking last...

Uptick on the snowfall as well now which seems to reflect that...still not quite enough for it to settle yet though.

Where it settles probably looking at 2-4cms as I was mentioning earlier...

Posted

Kold or Paul

Given that there is a convergence of two small systems (the one over Kent is pushing towards the NW, and the one over you guys atm is pushing SW) is there a possiblility of the two patterns interacting somewhat and producing a line on ppn through the estuary and into London (aka Feb 09)???

Just a thought as the ppn may be starting to come ever-so-slightly more towards the west from SW

SS

Posted

1415z Radar

Fairly decent sized flakes here now, although not coming down with any real intensity atm.

Hope your right about that dry slot. Looks like a storm "eye"

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

HUGE flakes now. After several hours of light/moderate snow that wasnt really adding anything to the lying snow, its really pepping up now. This should give a good top up.

Same here.