Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Seriously?shok.gif

It's -1.5C where I am and it's falling as just snow, albeit light.

Its +1c here now. The uppers are -10 now believe it or not, its just the sea pegging temps up near the coasts. I doubt it'll rise much higher, but seems there is a risk of some Thaw today should the temp go up another 0.5c. But I think DP's will be very low to compensate the risk of a rapid thaw.

Posted

snowing here about 1-2cm extra plus the lying snow so about 6-7cm on grass and small streets. none on main routes.

Sky news: dublin airport suspends all flights, due to heavy snow

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

temp is -8.9c and still snowing got really heavy and gave a covering in any parts that melted (last week not this week) but its back down to light stuff now almost stopping if it snowed here for another hour heavy we could probably get a good 5cm....

Posted

Superb Snow quality of various types.

I believe its a bit more marginal not that far away?

I deserved this big time because it mainly me thats on the wrong side of marginal.well overdue.

Dreams are made of this

Posted

Seriously?:)

It's -1.5C where I am and it's falling as just snow, albeit light.

Yes, it started as snow, not particulary heavy snow at that, but turned to rain near the end as the temp slowly rose.

Its now +2.2C.

It drizzled at -4C here yesterday morning! Low cloud had drifted in from the sea. I was outside in it for a while to make sure, but it was definitely drizzle! You would not believe some of the temp contrasts that I have witnessed here recently. Its heartbreaking to know its -7C less than 10 miles away, when its +3C here. There is sea to the north AND east of me, and the heat-island of the town (Balbriggan), doesn't help either.

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted

Hi, can anyone tell me what the weather is like in Maynooth? I am traveling to there later from Glasgow to see my sister, thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Hit -10.5C this morning, beating the old record by 2.9C!

Currently -8.4C and cloudy, could the snow be on its way!? My anemometer is completely frozen and inoperable!

Any National records broken last night? I know Dublin airport was close last night and I think Claremorris my have been close too...

Edit: Shannon airport seems fairly close to a new record...

Edited by NaDamantaSam

Posted

Hi, can anyone tell me what the weather is like in Maynooth? I am traveling to there later from Glasgow to see my sister, thanks.

There has been a lot of snow, and the area just west of Dublin has been extremely cold.

Trains are currently suspended on the Maynooth-Dublin rail-line for instance, due to recent snowfall.

Flights are currently suspended at Dublin airport also.

Check out AA Roadwatch for latest info.

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted

There has been a lot of snow, and the area just west of Dublin has been extremely cold.

Trains are currently suspended on the Maynooth-Dublin rail-line for instance, due to recent snowfall.

Flights are currently suspended at Dublin airport also.

Check out AA Roadwatch for latest info.

Thanks for the info!

Sorry I forgot to say I am driving from Glasgow, getting the ferry to Belfast then driving down from there to Maynooth. As long as the roads are clear we should be fine I hope!

Lots of snow up here in Glasgow but the roads are clear so I hope the roads are the same over there :D

Posted

Thaw is happening folks, +2c now, dripping from roofs, trees, fences.

Posted

Nice to see Im not alone, though I don't have much snow to thaw.nea.gif

2.6C now.

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted

It's just you poor coastal dwellers. I'm 30 miles inland and it's still well below.

And I should add, it's still snowing lightly here and accumulating.

Edited by Magadan

Posted

Doesn't look like a full scale melt...just dripping and melting around trees and houses, maintaining cover on grass and roads. Was snowing lightly there for a moment too.

Currently +2c

Posted

It's snowing :yahoo:

Light snow for now but it's so cold every flake is sticking! On the other hand we have no water as the pipes must have froze and the temperature has risen 5 degrees in the last 2 hours... Still, I think it's worth it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

outside temp -4.4c after an overnight low of -12.0c. everything is frozen solid and pure white. clouding up from my north east, so possibly some snow on the way.

Posted

whats the snow like in belfast?? Boyfriend said he cant get to antrim because its bad. I think hes lying lol because he wants to watch the sports and have a beer with the guys. how rude lol.

Posted

Snow turning moderate, slight covering now but I'm told some very heavy stuff is just a few miles away!

Posted

What do you think. Will it Wont it!

Weather Advisory

Heavy snow

Valid 21:00 10/01/2010

Heavy snow is likely to move north west across the region on Sunday evening and overnight. 2 - 5 cm likely widely with Southern and Eastern areas likely to be worst affected with 5 - 10 cm likely with 15 cm locally More over high ground. Travel disruption is possible. Stay tuned to latest forecasts and warnings.

This advisory is likely to be surpassed by Flash or Severe Warnings

Weather Advisory

Heavy snow

Valid 11/01/2010

Heavy snow is likely to affect all areas throughout Monday 5 - 10 cm is likely, with more over high ground, Travel disruption is possible. Stay tuned to latest forecasts and warnings. Updates will be issued Online, TV and via Local radio

This advisory is likely to be surpassed by Flash or Severe Warnings

Weather Advisory

Possible Heavy snow

Valid 12/01/2010

Heavy snow is likely to affect many areas on Tuesday a further 5 - 10 cm is possible. Stay tuned to latest forecasts and warnings. Travel disruption is possible. Stay tuned to latest forecasts and warnings. Updates will be issued Online, TV and via Local radio

Edited by jello

Posted

whats the snow like in belfast?? Boyfriend said he cant get to antrim because its bad. I think hes lying lol because he wants to watch the sports and have a beer with the guys. how rude lol.

I doubt it thats bad, all main routes are clear. No trouble as temps on Eastern Ireland drifting above 0c, ice starting to lose its well iciness. You have been had lolwhistling.gif

Posted

It started snowing about 3 hours ago in Derry. Mostly light but became moderate for a time. Has left 2cms of fresh snow. Nice to see the early warnings out for Monday and Wednesday. Fishing on Benone beach tomorrow for a competition, looking forward to it but it's gonna be Baltic! Will havesone nice pics tomorrow night! I absolutly love this cold spell. It's relentless and we still have 2 months of winter left!!!!

Posted

It's continued snowing very lightly here with about a 2cm covering. The real fun doesn't start till tomorrow though!

Posted

Slow thaw seting in not sure how long it will last i would expect another one hour before temps drop back

Good coverage 3 cm on ground.All eyes on irish sea.im geting very greedy now.lol