Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

WE have had some decent showers tonight, if (IF) the breakdown is coming I'll be gutted that us in Northants have never really tapped into any real decent heavy stuff. dont get me wrong we've had snow low temps but we've just missed most of the heavy precip by a whisker..

You should have been where I was on Tuesday night, the main snow band came within 20 miles of me, stopped, and headed North West - at least you got some of it. wallbash.gif

Posted

((((Mrs M))))

I feel much more at home in here, the London/Kent area has such a high population, hardly any posts in that thread had any relevence (to me at least)

Thanks LizzieLoo smile.gif

It was just the number of posts that seemed to want to get Bucks out of this thread. Have to say - I am more borderline than you but I really don't want to hear about the Kent stuff and most of the showers are coming from EA so it's more relevant to me at the moment. I doubt if anyone will want hear my snow reports though as it will already have passed you lot by!

I guess I'll just have to thread hop rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

We are in the advisory zone for Sat & Sun.

I think it is very possibly the reason behind the thread swap! Makes sense to merge us with East Anglia given the forecast.

Quite agree. Has been knife edge stuff for us this winter almost teasing us with a few cm's each time, have a feeling it is building us up for the big one possibly early middle next week during the first mild incursion. This winter so very similar to the one's back in the 70's though when sonw seemed to come without much warning. East has always been our best direction

Posted

Right people, thats about 10 pages of the same rubbish about being included in this area thread. Getting abit boring now do you all agree, we are on here to discuss the snow not the bloody A to Z

Now, now, there have been people campaigning for this. Not me though, I enjoyed the other thread :p

Posted

Nice to see some of the showers coming in off the Wash and North Norfolk not dying out as much as they did earlier. I tracked a big one heading my way for about half and hour and it actually hit me and gave me a couple of cm in the space of 10 mins - the first time this has happened in this cold spell. Then the damed gritter lorry came through and covered it. You gotta larf!!

Posted

Cold whistling.gif

Currently only just below freezing, but the wind has picked up quite a bit, and anything that's been dropped from the sky today is just going to blow around

I usually look here when the wind's in the North East and I wnat to see what's coming in our direction. There are a couple of others as well, quite close together, so I tend to only use this when the wind is Easterly. If you double the windspeed that's approx the speed in mph if you use metric units

Nice one thanks.

Posted

Hmm, looking at the radar, quite a few heavy showers blowing in down the wash, might get these a bit later on if we're lucky.

Typical that big blob just moved south at the wrong time closedeyes.gif that could have given us a decent 45 mins fall

Posted

Funny you say that because finally the reverse is true now.

The snow shower that hit me was nothing over sea and yet intensified over land. The 12Z GFS indicated the snow showers becoming more widespread around the wash between 21.00 to 3.00am. I shall have a look and see what the 18Z suggests.

looks like something coming your way. We had a different one a while ago, not bad, but we'll see what else comes through laterpost-9318-12629871774342_thumb.png

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Guys do you think Suffolk belongs in this thread, just seen a post on the end of the other thread saying they are kind of "Middle Ground" Now

??

Replies from Suffolk Folk Please

Hi Paul

Yes, I think us Suffolk members should be on this thread as I consider to myself to be in East Anglia and my questions and input have been lost in the last few days amongst the hordes of Kent and Surrey folks on the SE thread. It would be nice to "come home"! :rofl:

Back to the weather; snow showers seem to be fizzling out as they hit the Ipswich area tonight which is different from previous evenings.

Posted

Right people, thats about 10 pages of the same rubbish about being included in this area thread. Getting abit boring now do you all agree, we are on here to discuss the snow not the bloody A to Z

Well excuse us for not being in a clearly defined area...

I will not bother you any more with my rubbish.

Posted

Hi Paul

Yes, I think us Suffolk members should be on this thread as I consider to myself to be in East Anglia and my questions and input have been lost in the last few days amongst the hordes of Kent and Surrey folks on the SE thread. It would be nice to "come home"! :)

Back to the weather; snow showers seem to be fizzling out as they hit the Ipswich area tonight which is different from previous evenings.

Yes, Suffolk belongs here (even Ipswich supporters :rofl: )

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Funny you say that because finally the reverse is true now.

The snow shower that hit me was nothing over sea and yet intensified over land. The 12Z GFS indicated the snow showers becoming more widespread around the wash between 21.00 to 3.00am. I shall have a look and see what the 18Z suggests.

That sounds great!

Posted

looks like something coming your way. We had a different one a while ago, not bad, but we'll see what else comes through laterpost-9318-12629871774342_thumb.png

Hopefully it will get me before heading to peterborough . .

Janet

Posted

Typical that big blob just moved south at the wrong time closedeyes.gif that could have given us a decent 45 mins fall

Yes I was watching that as well. It came from the east side of the wash. I think we need showers more from the west side of the wash. Are direction of the showers due to change later ?

Posted

And its stopped!aggressive.gif

How much did you get? I got a slight dusting again :(

Must admit slighlty hopeful we will see a wee bit more before morning :(

Posted

Hi Paul

Yes, I think us Suffolk members should be on this thread as I consider to myself to be in East Anglia and my questions and input have been lost in the last few days amongst the hordes of Kent and Surrey folks on the SE thread. It would be nice to "come home"! :(

I think Suffolk deffinately belongs in this thread as I live in Norfolk, but very close to the Suffolk border so I like to read the posts from Suffolk people as I go into Lowestoft quite a bit and would like to know whats happening there!

The 3 snowmen in my avatar are from the snow we had today.

Edited by sharonie