Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 3

Posted

Well people down in the SE thread are reporting the wind is starting to change to a Easterly!

Thats good news then, the trough should move westward bringing the PPN with it!

Posted

Snow is currently going south of here, looks like Broxbourne, Harlow, Sawbridgeworth etc are getting some fairly heavy stuff. Just needs a slight shift west for me.

Posted

Grrrrrrr.

I see the snow on the rain today radar is dissapering when it moves inland, and does not seem to be progressing north.

All we have is the cold here in the MK, currrently -2.9c at 4pm, that a cold one.

Anyone around here got any lower at the mo?

Posted

The band of snow over the Benelux countries is shifting direction, more of an Easterly, its slowly beginning to move in our direction....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Go to www.bbc.co.uk/weather and watch the British Isles forecast, shows practically a white out over a huge part of the UK!

I'm still concerned that it may be marginal by the time it reaches Norfolk, especially near the east coast. Most sources suggest snow, some even say dry powdery snow, but those progged 2m temperatures from the GFS, even allowing for the fact that the GFS tends to overstate temperatures for East Anglia, do look marginal- about 1C by day and night.

It will hit Norfolk starting around or just after midnight according to the NMM model.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

A family member is heading that way , should i tell her not to go?

:) :) :)

- Felixstowe

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

Yeah it's not fair but snow never is. I guess that's what makes it exciting.

As usual there is snow to the north of us and snow to the south...

Yep agree, in the 15 years I've been down here I've never seen an area like Northants to miss out so much.

I dont know why?? No high ground around us to the east, very little high ground to the south, some high ground to our west. yet each winter the Northants snow barrier is in full force.

Maybe the wife should have moved North instead of me moving south.

Posted

Snow is currently going south of here, looks like Broxbourne, Harlow, Sawbridgeworth etc are getting some fairly heavy stuff. Just needs a slight shift west for me.

Yes looks like its going to just miss here oh well only a few more hours to wait for the main band.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Just come back from sledging with the kids... there's bit what I would call a flurry which looked a bit more because of the strong wind (certainly wouldn't dare call it anything like a blizzard :whistling: )..but nothing spectacular at all.

wind is making it bitterly cold though...

Posted

More moderate snowfall here in East Hertfordshire. Temps belowing freezing, wind 12mph, feels pretty cold out there and I just got a snowball in the ear.

Posted

to me the band later looks like it will be too north for snow here but heres hoping it does not shift much further north

It's shifting in our direction now which is good for us.

Edited by saint

Posted

How many Weather watchers are there in Milton Keynes here on Netweather?

There is me, and one visiting me ATM, we've just been for a walk round and about, Haversham area, we are freeeeeeeezing.

*Waves*

Posted

More moderate snowfall here in East Hertfordshire. Temps belowing freezing, wind 12mph, feels pretty cold out there and I just got a snowball in the ear.

Your getting the best there then because as I reported earlier NOWT here, my Daughter is going mad with me Dad where is the Snow lol

Posted

Yep agree, in the 15 years I've been down here I've never seen an area like Northants to miss out so much.

I dont know why?? No high ground around us to the east, very little high ground to the south, some high ground to our west. yet each winter the Northants snow barrier is in full force.

Maybe the wife should have moved North instead of me moving south.

I saw this on Friday when I drove 10 miles up the M1 from MK.

I actually felt gutted for the snow lovers of Northants, Abington Parks has some excellent slopes for sledgin down, I spent may days there in my youth.

Although, back in Feb 2008, Npton had about 6 inches when MK had 2, swings and round abouts I suppose, snow seems to be the most unpredictable type of weather, I am sue I you want it, it knows and stays away, then when you least expecting it, or thinking about it, or take your eveys off the forums and radars for a few days, then bam.

I hope you get some tonight/tomorrow, I really want a snow day on Monday, I battled to work every day last week, on Thursday, I was the only person in the office!! Mug?

Posted

It is deffo moving in a more Easterly direction now, straight for EA!

:D Decent falls by morning and cold :whistling::cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

And it should pick up more moisture over The North Sea and the Channel!

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Pleased that the main band is heading our way. Being in North Norfolk it might be close. Then again I am not sure. :whistling:

Edited by hobbielancie

Posted

:D Decent falls by morning and cold :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

Hopefully for everyone eh Snowman!!???:D Ay drifting aswell?!

More snow starting to fall here now.

Edited by saint

Posted

There is me, and one visiting me ATM, we've just been for a walk round and about, Haversham area, we are freeeeeeeezing.

*Waves*

Heloooooo.

-3.0c now here in Broughton, would you say thats south or east MK?

gonna keep posting, don't wanna be a newbie for long!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

biggrin.gif Decent falls by morning and cold cold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

And it should pick up more moisture over The North Sea and the Channel!

Well we have a decent fall here already, about 5 or 6 inches now, way more in other areas of this part of Suffolk! So this stuff tonight will bring huge falls to the east, especially if, like you say, this thing peps up over the North Sea/Channel!

Posted

Hopefully for everyone eh Snowman!!???:cold:

More snow starting to fall here now.

Yea hopefully we will get pasted overnight and it should continue to fall tomorrow!

Posted

cc_confused.gifcc_confused.gifcc_confused.gif

- Felixstowe

down there last time i talked to my sister in law they has had over a foot still snowing very hard there