Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Snow on and off during the afternoon here in Reigate, spells of not much and then bursts of more life. Currently snowing moderately, and distinctly horizontally. However, even in the dark and looking pretty much due north, we can currently see the shape of the top of the Downs from the front door, so it is clearly not as heavy now as it was earlier when you couldn't see the Downs at all.

From the model discussion pages there seems a decent chance for the battlefront scenario and the cold to win out for a while yet, which seems to be being hinted at as well by the media forecasts.

Living on a hill (in a house on a hill in truth) provides some entertainment in the current conditions and, if I was so minded, betting opportunites. Will that car make it up? Where will it stop? Chances of a push?

AS

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Radar is alot of rubbish though , apparantly we should be under constant snow but it stops for a good hour then starts again

Posted

All good things come to those who wait....(So they say! unknw.gif ) If we get it we get it, if we don't we don't!

Nothing anyone can do about it unfortunatly! haha

Well said,i think we have all done pretty well and should not get down about it .we all know how things can cahnge and we may all wake up snowed in,but then again we might not,lets all wait and seedrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

As your so close to france have you got the time set to CET :D

You're closer :rofl::whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Very light snow here now, just like the radar shows but about half an hour later. Sometimes it is hard to see if it is not just blowing in the wind, but the front lamppost says it is the real thing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

hi all keeping my fingers crossed to get atleast an inch so i can finnish my snowman thats melting. lol how sad am i. your only 25 once hahaha

Posted

Very light snow here now, just like the radar shows but about half an hour later. Sometimes it is hard to see if it is not just blowing in the wind, but the front lamppost says it is the real thing

How much of a delay is the radar supposed to be?

Edited by jojobut

Posted

Snow is heading into Inner & Greater London

Thx for the heads up, would be nice if it stays with us all nite, but hey happy with what we have, underlying snow of 4 cm with a little top up earlier ... would be a nice in the morning wake to find a white out clap.gif

Posted

Things pepping up a tad now- out towards most of essex- a larger area has banded to give ligght snow over a wide area which is edging into the SE corner now-

just need a few darker echoes in there-

Steve

Started snowing lightly here

Posted

Currently snowing again here after a few hours break, not that heavy just blowing around a lot in the win. Seems the Blackwater has enhanced some of the precip!

Temp @ 0.4 DP -4 Windchill -6 from the NNE.

Matt :whistling:

Posted

Its been a great spell for us here right on the coast at Peacehaven just east of Brighton.

Today has been sub zero and this afternoon we had some heavy drifting snow with a genuine blizzard for sometime and snow still continuing now.

Absolutely no thaw with powder snow, quite severe drifting that might make the main coast road difficult to pass tomorrow am.

I have attached a few photos, hope this is the right place to put them, but remember this is of the coast road a stones throw from the cliff top without any elevation, happy days ;-)

PS: Please forget any dates on photos, substitute camera, these were taken approx 4.00pm today !

post-725-12630665820742_thumb.jpg

post-725-12630666000142_thumb.jpg

post-725-12630666097842_thumb.jpg

post-725-12630666212042_thumb.jpg

Posted

Seeing as it's an upper weather front, is there a chance it may be evaporating before it hits the ground in the lighter stuff, hence the reports of nothing on the ground despite the radar indicating otherwise? Just a thought :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

How much of a delay is the radar supose to be?

Hi, I don't know what it is supposed to be but mine is always 15 mins behind and I don't always have exactly whats showing. I think someone else mentioned yesterday a delay between what you see and what you get

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

LOL....We Londoners have probably got 1cm and some ice...and were still enjoying it...How old are you?

I am a 50 year old grumpy old ***. who hates lots of snow because of my job driving.

i hope you get lots of snow over the next couple of days.

Posted

Hi, I don't know what it is supposed to be but mine is always 15 mins behind and I don't always have exactly whats showing. I think someone else mentioned yesterday a delay between what you see and what you get

Thanks!

Posted

Very light snow started here, had some hefty showers earlier in the day, have total of about two inches from two days

Posted

hi all keeping my fingers crossed to get atleast an inch so i can finnish my snowman thats melting. lol how sad am i. your only 25 once hahaha

I don't think we're in line for any at the mo

Posted

Its been a great spell for us here right on the coast at Peacehaven just east of Brighton.

Today has been sub zero and this afternoon we had some heavy drifting snow with a genuine blizzard for sometime and snow still continuing now.

Absolutely no thaw with powder snow, quite severe drifting that might make the main coast road difficult to pass tomorrow am.

I have attached a few photos, hope this is the right place to put them, but remember this is of the coast road a stones throw from the cliff top without any elevation, happy days ;-)

PS: Please forget any dates on photos, substitute camera, these were taken approx 4.00pm today !

post-725-12630665820742_thumb.jpg

post-725-12630666000142_thumb.jpg

post-725-12630666097842_thumb.jpg

post-725-12630666212042_thumb.jpg

Lovely pix bud rolleyes.gif