Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Has it slowed up on its Westward Track?Or is it the case of as it gets nearer me im going to die out type scenerio :D

It seems to have fizzled out on the southern side but stayed moderate over north Kent :)

Still can't complain after yesterday I guess! :)

cc_confused.gif whats supposed to be happening for next week especially towards wednesday looks quite good but will it fall as snow please answer no 1 ever seems to answer me .

Got around a foot ofsnow atm but been thawing rapidly:(

heavy snizzard here- but darker echoes coming thiss way-

temp 0.4c-

Anywhere around here with 100 M elevation will get covered- another couple of inches for biggin hill-

Ryan- staying very cold- possible snow from the South west weds-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

cc_confused.gif whats supposed to be happening for next week especially towards wednesday looks quite good but will it fall as snow please answer no 1 ever seems to answer me .

It's complicated, a front may approach from the sw but the heaviest precip is likely to be to the west and sw of London given this evenings model output. Away from coastal fringes facing the strong east to se flow ahead of this should see snow but again its not certain and the precip might weaken by the time it gets to the se.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Moderate snow in Brighton now and it is sticking. It seems to be coming from a narrow band that is intensifying as it moves west.

Posted

I think from reading some of the posts in the other threads and the models discussions that no-one is really sure. Possibly a breakdown to warmer weather, possibly not and a lot are saying probably not. just a case of the usual frustrating wait and see i am afraid.

Or is it the case of as it gets nearer me im going to die out type scenerio :D not unless you are a dodo hopefully

:)

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Evening all

We've had snow here pretty much all day, along with a very slow thaw...all very odd (still feeding the very hungry birds). To be honest, and even after watching all the forecasts I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. Biggin Hill really does seem to have it's own little system going on lol! :unknw

Scrat :-)

Posted

I think from reading some of the posts in the other threads and the models discussions that no-one is really sure. Possibly a breakdown to warmer weather, possibly not and a lot are saying probably not. just a case of the usual frustrating wait and see i am afraid.

General view is that the easterly should edge out the Atlantic but who knows?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Moderate snow in Brighton now and it is sticking. It seems to be coming from a narrow band that is intensifying as it moves west.

I have been watching this.. I hope it remains on its current path clap.gif

Posted

According to my weather station thingy the dew point in Ashford is -0.6. Can anyone confirm how accurate this is.

Manston Airport has a dewpoint of -1, so your reading looks accurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

It's complicated, a front may approach from the sw but the heaviest precip is likely to be to the west and sw of London given this evenings model output. Away from coastal fringes facing the strong east to se flow ahead of this should see snow but again its not certain and the precip might weaken by the time it gets to the se.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully we get coverred :)

That made me spit a good rioja all over the place....rolleyes.gif

On topic now......had sleet/snow all day.......roads are still white...and foxes are getting braver.......got some pics.....will upload when I figure out how to....

Posted

Anywhere around here with 100 M elevation will get covered- :) :) :yahoo: :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Thanks Dubmuffin that page has just been bookmarked. Now need to update aging (but good) weather station for one that can give me RH

Ah yes, you need 2 out of 3 readings for that one...

Posted

Right - logging off to go and have a look out of the window - or I'll miss the lot being stuck in front of a 12 inch laptop screen!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Some decent moderate snow falling now. Really struggling to settle at all because its so damp and slushy.

EDIT: Now stopped!

Edited by danm