Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Watching the Radar in vein hoping for something in the way of PPN over West London but looking very unlikely. Looking quite good (In comparison to the last few upsets) for other parts of the South East, possibly a couple of CM's for a few tonight.

Yes will be a se London fall this one I think, but don't begrudge any London brethren snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Getting heavier but not settling yet.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Thanks old school sounds complicated but will have a look! Just tried earth tools but it keeps crashing my internet - grrr!

Try google earth!

Posted

Is there anywhere on tinternet where you can find out your elevation? Ta :)

Google earth ( free version) hover the pointer over your house and you will get your co-ordinates & elevation (estimated)

Posted

Come on folks is this not the most interesting winter in two decades. Here we are disappointed that temps are going up to 3c or 4C

The charts still look good and who knows Wednesday could bring something interesting. Its happened before. So much cold about.

Some have not had much snow but these cold temps are exceptional. Just look back even to last winter OK In Feb a lot of snow but it was gone withing 36 hours. The winter before last was the most boring mild of all time. All cold winters have a mild period but they reloaded quickly and I am hoping this will happen. Dont write off February. Hands up who thought we would have a month of almost freezing temps by the 10th of January. :) Biggin Hill is nearly 650ft High and I am lucky( If you like snow that is) to get a lot of extra marginal snow days. Today we have had a maxi 0.05c and its now below freezing so melt has been minimal but the snow is not dry anymore which is a shame. A -6c or -7c night would turn it to dry snow again

Fair play. Nice post

Posted

OMG reverse streamer - Probably soaking up the melted snow from tyler hill heading for DA6,DA7, DA1,DA10....

post-1235-12631608190742_thumb.png

Steve

Recycling lol

Posted

Google earth ( free version) hover the pointer over your house and you will get your co-ordinates & elevation (estimated)

That's easier but I'll bet my os method is way more accurate...

Posted

OMG reverse streamer - Probably soaking up the melted snow from tyler hill heading for DA6,DA7, DA1,DA10....

Steve

Nice stuff coming down now, not sure how much or how longer though

Posted

I have been a cold and snow ramper all my life BUT not know more. I have simply had enough off it i work on the railway and over the past few weeks i have never worked harder in all my life. Carrying heavy bags off grit around and spreading it all over, Clearing snow, Slipping on ice, Its been a complete nightmare. I for one am now looking forward to a warm up and no snow down in south west London for a long time to come which there will not be i am sure off that. And god if snow does fall next month or whenever please let it be my day off.

Posted

Steve

OMG as well :clap: It's like all the buses we have been waiting for are all coming at once, one after the other :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Wow just got home from a day out are we due some snow now .got a slight covering on cars and paths. Or is it just a shower. Please tell me a Thames streamer is setting up lol

Posted

I have been a cold and snow ramper all my life BUT not know more. I have simply had enough off it i work on the railway and over the past few weeks i have never worked harder in all my life. Carrying heavy bags off grit around and spreading it all over, Clearing snow, Slipping on ice, Its been a complete nightmare. I for one am now looking forward to a warm up and no snow down in south west London for a long time to come which there will not be i am sure off that. And god if snow does fall next month or whenever please let it be my day off.

I feel sorry for you, and yes you guys are working harder than most of us on the Railway. I however love this as a Train Driver, since the freeze & snow last Wednesday most of the trains are in the depots are broken and I have done vitually sod all :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

I seem to be in the middle of two bands of snow. One passing from Kent into SE London moving WNW along the Thames, and one passing into West Essex. Just my luck.

Posted

That's easier but I'll bet my os method is way more accurate...

No fighting now folks :air_kiss::clap:

I can't find the OS map for my location (I'm sure the Medway Town have been mapped, so must be my stupidity) so am downloading google earth now

Thanks for all the answers though - v helpful

Posted

I feel sorry for you, and yes you guys are working harder than most of us on the Railway. I however love this as a Train Driver, since the freeze & snow last Wednesday most of the trains are in the depots are broken and I have done vitually sod all :air_kiss:

lol yes mate i would love it also as a driver me dad is one off them atm he is just sitting around like everyone else and feeling his ass grow lol good luck to you mate.