Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Heavier Snow Here Right Now :):angry:

Yamkin, do you know what your temp is at the moment? 1C here at the moment and just had a slight sleet shower, I suppose it is to warm for proper snow.

Edit. Answer my own question, it's just turned to light snow.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Hi guys had a really good spell and it covered the car and the roads look white too,is that it or do you think we might get more? as i really need my bed but if there is more on the way then i will stay up? cc_confused.gif

Posted

You must be the only person in Croydon covered under about 15 ft of snow by now, surely?

Super micro climate over yamkin's gaff

Posted

You must be the only person in Croydon covered under about 15 ft of snow by now, surely?

Ha Ha :lol: It has been snowing here all day on the light side, but with a few heavy showers. Nothing settled earlier, but the snow is settling.

Yamkin, do you know what your temp is at the moment? 1C here at the moment and just had a slight sleet shower, I suppose it is to warm for proper snow.

Edit. Answer my own question, it's just turned to light snow.

It's 1.5C..........Guess what, snowing quite heavy right now :whistling:

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Super micro climate over yamkin's gaff

No he is right we have had snow all day didn't do much as it was light and a thaw was on but it is pepping up now and settling

Posted

I suppose it is my duty to report light snow now in Ealing. Won't get much but looks nice coming down. Quite surprised anything made it this far west to be honest.

Edited by Downpour

Posted

My postcode is about at the end of this spell on the radar, got about half a cm from that, cany see nothing else out there so goodnight all....................unless

Posted

Hi guys had a really good spell and it covered the car and the roads look white too,is that it or do you think we might get more? as i really need my bed but if there is more on the way then i will stay up? cc_confused.gif

Look at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

You will see more snow building to the east of you. Don't know how much though.

Posted

No he is right we have had snow all day didn't do much as it was light and a thaw was on but it is pepping up now and settling

Only teasing bob. Yamkin's posts just make me chuckle that's all. It always seems to be snowing there even when by his own admission there is nothing on the radar!

Posted

Thanks snowbob, I think they are just pulling my leg :lol: Doesn't matter though as it is chucking it down with snow and settling :shok:

Posted

First post. Should be laughing gravy, but got it wrong when subscribing.

Anyway, heaving snow here in Thamesmead, London. Fine flakes, but beginning to settle rapidly

Posted

Snow now moderate here in Ealing way out west London big flakes and trying to settle. BBC fail?!

Edited by Downpour

Posted

Thanks snowbob, I think they are just pulling my leg laugh.gif Doesn't matter though as it is chucking it down with snow and settling yahoo.gif

been the same here today, not always showing on the radar either, very light snow that does nothing but its nice to see it coming down. Tonight however it is lying nicely.

Posted

Have to post these Stats frommy Weather Records as I probably will not see these figures for the 1st 10 days of January ever again!

Quite Amazing

Ave Day Max = 1.7c

Ave Night Max = -2.3c

Ave Temp for first 10 days of Jan = -0.2c

For the first 10 days of Jan we are exactly -5.0c below the 1971-2000 Average for this area

:shok: :lol: :lol:

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Only teasing bob. Yamkin's posts just make me chuckle that's all. It always seems to be snowing there even when by his own admission there is nothing on the radar!

No worries mate this is all quite unexpected this reminds me of feb ( that was quality)

Posted

Many others also had snow earlier today and could not see anything on the radar

Posted

Thanks snowbob, I think they are just pulling my leg ;) Doesn't matter though as it is chucking it down with snow and settling :rolleyes:

Just pulling your leg mate! Bizarrely I now have moderate snow in Ealing that is starting to settle. Totally unexpected, why has it come this far west or is it just a rogue shower?!

Posted

well its rain in twickenham - we always miss out

You sure? I am in Ealing at only 86ft and while it is marginal we have wholly snow

Many others also had snow earlier today and could not see anything on the radar

I'm only pulling your leg mate, I just like this idea of Croydon having an arctic micro climate that's all!

Posted

Still snowing in Thamesmead. Re radar, it seems to have kicked into life in the last 1/2 hr. A block of ppn for the next hour or so for places in W Kent, S London and G london. Let's see what happens on the update at 11:15. I'll let you know.