Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I think once the weather saw the met office canceled the forecast it's decided to surprise them again!

Fresh couple of cm here on top of what had only just started melting today. drinks.gif

Posted

lol yes mate i would love it also as a driver me dad is one off them atm he is just sitting around like everyone else and feeling his ass grow lol good luck to you mate.

:D I am not alone then!

Edit: My location could be on the track to take the full length of this PPN moving through, looks to be 30 miles worth perhaps! Good hours worth??

Up to 1 cm lying already.

Edited by Halling Weather

Posted

OMG as well :D It's like all the buses we have been waiting for are all coming at once, one after the other :D

You mean you have not had enough already today, you must be buried by now

Posted

Nice stuff coming down now, not sure how much or how longer though

Im in swanscombe but at work in se london at the moment.. is it laying well dallas?? be nice to drive home to a nice covering of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

What's the general track of that band because I'm hoping it gets to me! However it would seem that Mr Murr has a streamer right over his house and deservedly so!

Posted

have just had the best thing happen ,its snowing and a fox went past my door and he was big ,am happy now what a graet thing to see,lets hope this snow carrys on now x

Posted

Im in swanscombe but at work in se london at the moment.. is it laying well dallas?? be nice to drive home to a nice covering of snow

Hi Ya UTDMAN, the road has a thin skin on it and the cars a little more, on the radar there seems to be maybe another 40mins tops, not sure if anything else is supposed to develop after this

Posted

Porkies Yamkin i am at east croydon station right now and nothing but a little snizzle.

I'm in Shirley part of Croydon, and believe me, there has been snow all day which has been light most of the time with a few heavy showers. Temps are usually a degree or so lower than in East Croydon.

By the way, the snow is getting slightly heavier again :D

Posted

Hi Ya UTDMAN, the road has a thin skin on it and the cars a little more, on the radar there seems to be maybe another 40mins tops, not sure if anything else is supposed to develop after this

Thanks DALLAS

Well I beleive this wasnt forecast tonight so who knows we may get a pleasent surprise as the night wears on

Posted

Poor Yamkin!

I live just outside of croydon on a slightly higher elevation and he's pretty much been on the money when reporting snow. I'd say, unless the few miles between us make a difference, that often the 'heavy snow' is more moderate but it has generally been snowing much of the day but very light or snizzle. The thaw made it impossible for anything to stick but when I left home to come into town this evening, the snow fall was heavier and therefore dusting the cars and roads again.

Posted

.................., not sure if anything else is supposed to develop after this

Well this bubbled up out of nowhere. Not alot showing on Radar, then just after 20:00 the poooof this lot started to brew! You just never know what's happening this winter!

Posted

From what I can tell, a slight dusting in Dover from that shower. Not sure to expect anything else tonight yet :/

Posted

You mean you have not had enough already today, you must be buried by now

Even though there has been continuous snow all day with the sudden heavier shower, nothing really settled. A bit of a slow thaw today, but now all those areas are covering up with fresh snow.

Posted

I have been a cold and snow ramper all my life BUT not know more. I have simply had enough off it i work on the railway and over the past few weeks i have never worked harder in all my life. Carrying heavy bags off grit around and spreading it all over, Clearing snow, Slipping on ice, Its been a complete nightmare. I for one am now looking forward to a warm up and no snow down in south west London for a long time to come which there will not be i am sure off that. And god if snow does fall next month or whenever please let it be my day off.

I sympathise with you here even though I love snow but hate the cold ( sounds backward :whistling: ) I'm a council worker and out in it all day ( sweeper/driver ) so gritting I don't mind its the sweeping that get on ya t***s!!

Posted

I seem to be in the middle of two bands of snow. One passing from Kent into SE London moving WNW along the Thames, and one passing into West Essex. Just my luck.

No how you're feeling mate, I've been chasing pish around on a radar screen for the last week watching streams set up everywhere but here, finally the winds turned favourable up the Thames for a couple of seconds this evening but now I'm back to watching Kent getting the big dollops and I'm scanning the streamer for flecks that my come way.

What a desperate exisitence, can we not get a direct Easterly for more than a minute? :whistling:

Posted

Even though there has been continuous snow all day with the sudden heavier shower, nothing really settled. A bit of a slow thaw today, but now all those areas are covering up with fresh snow.

How much has now settled Yamkin? it was only a dusting when I left Kenley earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Im right in the middle of two bands of snow! This is so god damn irritating. NW Kent to central London and east to west Essex getting the snow. Me in the middle with only a few flurries.

Posted

No fighting now folks :whistling: :lol:

I can't find the OS map for my location (I'm sure the Medway Town have been mapped, so must be my stupidity) so am downloading google earth now

Thanks for all the answers though - v helpful

Barmybint

Being one on your local Coastguards - the M2 Bridge is 27m above sea level, whereas Rochester airport is 123m above sea level - can you work it out from that? if not let me know your location (PM if necessary) and I will let you know..

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Bob