Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Thanks snowbob, I think they are just pulling my leg :) Doesn't matter though as it is chucking it down with snow and settling :drinks:

still havent seen a single snowflake in days, your location is doing So welll!¬!!

Posted

Just pulling your leg mate! Bizarrely I now have moderate snow in Ealing that is starting to settle. Totally unexpected, why has it come this far west or is it just a rogue shower?!

Not to far away from you, also experiencing the same sort of snow. Sadly it doesn't look like it will last that long as those showers from the East fizzle out.

Edited by Yellow Army

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

well its rain in twickenham - we always miss out

i know what you mean mate, no rain here actually but no snow, no precip in days.

high pressure's been rather strongly in place, thats one of the reasons keep fizzling out before they reach well inland.

Posted

No worries mate this is all quite unexpected this reminds me of feb ( that was quality)

Oh snowing here too. Mmmm Feb was awesome, that's not going to happen though.

EDIT; The band has gained strength as it's moved over West!!! After here though!!!!!

Edited by rmc1987

Posted

Not to far away from you, also experiencing the same sort of snow. Sadly it doesn't look like it will last that long as those showers from the East fizzle out.

It had stopped when I looked out the window. Wind direction is okay tonight, but need more showers fashioned in the sea. Where are you? Avatars don't show up on the iPhone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

had heavy snow to our east and west tonight only got an inch from last night so missed out big time :(

Posted

unexpected mini event granted from the now seemingly easterly winds.

Here it is wet and forming a layer of appx 1cm at the moment and as been falling an hour would expect another cm perhaps.

Posted

had heavy snow to our east and west tonight only got an inch from last night so missed out big time :(

If you got an inch last night you were doing well mate, almost all the snow fell in a 15sqm area in central Kent!

Posted

If you got an inch last night you were doing well mate, almost all the snow fell in a 15sqm area in central Kent!

AHHHH yes............but last night i wasnt at home so i kinda missed out but now im back its thawed so i never actually saw any extra :/

Still i shouldnt really be moaning we still have just under a foot of snow :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

AHHHH yes............but last night i wasnt at home so i kinda missed out but now im back its thawed so i never actually saw any extra :/

Still i shouldnt really be moaning we still have just under a foot of snow tongue.gif

Moderate snow here but its not adding anything to the foot we had last week

Very slow thaw me thinks

Posted

Have had a bit more Snow here now. Around 1 cm settled I reckon.

Anyone seen Joe B's blog? he thinks we will get a bit of a rest after the weekend and then the rest of the winter will seem ordinary in comparison to what we have seen so far.

TBH I am hoping it comes to pass, I am fed up with feeling cold, sliding around everywhere and look forward to my Car's windcreen wash working again. lol

:lol:

Posted

Moderate snow here but its not adding anything to the foot we had last week

Very slow thaw me thinks

Hopefully we get hit nicely middle of the week then..........maybe 2ft of snow pardon.gif

nea.gif nah dont think so though :lol:

Posted

starting to get a lil quiet......schools shut tommorow :/ might make a snowman :D

Posted

Anyone seen Joe B's blog? he thinks we will get a bit of a rest after the weekend and then the rest of the winter will seem ordinary in comparison to what we have seen so far.

TBH I am hoping it comes to pass, I am fed up with feeling cold, sliding around everywhere and look forward to my Car's windcreen wash working again. lol

:D

Any chance of a link?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Just started snowing moderately again.

Posted

Well my snow is well and truly over with taped ITV forcast and they said further 20 cm poss on the north downs did not get much more here. My wind has turned Easterly now so no more showers for me. Glad i will be able to get back to work tommorrow.

Posted

Any chance of a link?

Just go to the accuweather site, click on UK and Ireland and his blog is on the left.

Aha, a neighbour I see. I'm just up near Trinity School.

Edited by cj114

Posted

How's the Croydon Pole Yamkin? Sounds like you've had more since I last asked? Typical that I come stay in West London for the night and miss a mini event!

It's still snowing and settling

Posted
Any chance of a link?

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/laminate floori-europe-blog.asp

EDITS

I feel Joe's surbame is being picked up by the filters for profanity

Therefore the link is not working if you google accuweather and joe Bast**di and put where the * are the words that would best fit it is the second or third link.

Of note...the free precip type radar on raintoday is about to end...so will all show as hail before long

Edited by john w

Posted

Many others also had snow earlier today and could not see anything on the radar

Absolutlely, we have had snizzle for most of the day with one or two proper snow showers... interestingly, the persistent snizzle is now settling and I must have 2mm of the stuff on my car!

Posted

Not quite what he said to be fair. He still thinks a return to cold conditions is likely after a mild blip Jan 15-25. Indeed he notes this may well persist into March. However, and this is the caveat, the cold in Feb may not be able to top this extraordinary spell of weather we've had for the past 4 weeks or so. Given the duration of the cold spell, and the extent of the low temperatures that have been recorded, I do not think this is surprising. But in theory we could have a few less but still cold spells in Feb that deliver more snow to some districts than they have seen cumulatively during this cold spell. Hope this makes sense.

So I'm still optimistic having read Joe's thoughts. Mild for 10 days or so from midmonth, but then turning progressively colder once again with a wintry Feb very possible and extending into March. :shok:

The key part of Joe B's column:

I remain partial to 02-03 which had a nasty February, however as bad as the first half of Jan has been over the northwest part of Europe, I think February will have the worse part of winter relative to averages from Germany eastward into Russia. There is likely to be more cold further southeast than there has been. The message is that winter, which will retreat over the continent to some degree in its severity will return but the worst will be over in the northwest compared to the areas targeted. So the Battle of Britain and France this winter, while not over, will be more of a skirmish than what it has been.

Now let me clear. If it had not been so bad, lets say it had been as Hadley had said, I would be telling you that February would be a wintery month. But I dont think relative to the 30 days ending 15 Jan, it will be able to compete. So when reading this, I have to rely on you to understand.. there are two things that I am trying to draw attention too, what it should be in relation to normal and what it has been. And by the way I think Feb 15-Mar 14 is as cold as Jan 15-Feb 14... as the reload may mean some ugly weather deep into March.

So winter is not over..but the current siege will let up.

Joe B's column in full: http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/laminate floori-europe-blog.asp?partner=forecastfox

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

Not quite what he said to be fair. He still thinks a return to cold conditions is likely after a mild blip Jan 15-25. Indeed he notes this may well persist into March. However, and this is the caveat, the cold in Feb may not be able to top this extraordinary spell of weather we've had for the past 4 weeks or so. Given the duration of the cold spell, and the extent of the low temperatures that have been recorded, I do not think this is surprising. But in theory we could have a few less but still cold spells in Feb that deliver more snow to some districts than they have seen cumulatively during this cold spell. Hope this makes sense.

So I'm still optimistic having read Joe's thoughts. Mild for 10 days or so from midmonth, but then turning progressively colder once again with a wintry Feb very possible and extending into March. :shok:

The key part of Joe B's column:

Joe B's column in full: http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/laminate floori-europe-blog.asp?partner=forecastfox

Paul Sherman has also gone for the cold to return from the 25th Jan.