Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

ame='Downpour' date='10 January 2010 - 21:15 ' timestamp='1263158102' post='1736247']

Lol

Enjoy everyone South of the Thames. We never ever in winter History have ever done any good out of an ESE Flow - In fact I have seen 37 Winters and some of those have been pretty severe and if the flow is not from NE - E Then we will not do any good.

Lets hope London can get some accumulations out of this as it travels NW

Paul S

Damn I hope so ...

Posted

I have been watching this.. I hope it remains on its current path clap.gif

Better still, I hope it intensifies and gives West Sussex a good helping of snow. Son wont be happy though if it does as he goes to college north of Pulborough as was snowed off last week.

Posted

This is a surprise decent moderate snow here, starting to cover cars

Posted

It is always snowing in Croydon. They had huge problems with 6ft drifts last august.

It's been snowing in Croydon since july 1972!

Posted

Better still, I hope it intensifies and gives West Sussex a good helping of snow. Son wont be happy though if it does as he goes to college north of Pulborough as was snowed off last week.

looks like the 21.30 radar shows its breaking down now :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Moderate snow now turned to very light sleety drizzle.

Posted

I think London will get this band- especially the S E & south side-

However no settling apart from the hillier regions etc outside of london ( UHI effect)

S

I am ready and waiting for it Steve it's heading directly for me on the radar

Posted

Hi guys,just to let you know that it is snowing here and it is big flakes and pretty heavy,what is going on ,really didnt think we were going to get anything? and it is laying on my car and the roaddrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

HEAVY SNOWFALL RIGHT NOW :rolleyes:

Croydon is an Arctic outpost in an otherwise temperate island.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

It makes me laugh that us adults are more excited than the kids! Its because we've been waiting for this cold spell for what seems like forever smile.gif

Fingers crossed it will hit you too but its calmed down a bit here now so i'm not sure that it will make too much of a difference to what we already have !

Posted

Was raining now switched to snow but wont settle ground too wet ... such a shame but if .... if it stays this way it may settle .cc_confused.gif

Posted

Come on folks is this not the most interesting winter in two decades. Here we are disappointed that temps are going up to 3c or 4C

The charts still look good and who knows Wednesday could bring something interesting. Its happened before. So much cold about.

Some have not had much snow but these cold temps are exceptional. Just look back even to last winter OK In Feb a lot of snow but it was gone withing 36 hours. The winter before last was the most boring mild of all time. All cold winters have a mild period but they reloaded quickly and I am hoping this will happen. Dont write off February. Hands up who thought we would have a month of almost freezing temps by the 10th of January. :rolleyes: Biggin Hill is nearly 650ft High and I am lucky( If you like snow that is) to get a lot of extra marginal snow days. Today we have had a maxi 0.05c and its now below freezing so melt has been minimal but the snow is not dry anymore which is a shame. A -6c or -7c night would turn it to dry snow again

Edited by charlton north-downs

Posted

Is there anywhere on tinternet where you can find out your elevation? Ta :rolleyes:

I just use streetmap on os explorer scale and work it out from the contour lines. Old school but very accurate!

Posted

big flakes and really sticking to the cars and road,about 20p size flakes,am startin to feel a bit more excited lolpardon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Is there anywhere on tinternet where you can find out your elevation? Ta smile.gif

find yourself on streetmap zoom in and certain map types (ordnance survey ) have height contour lines on them...

Posted

I just use streetmap on os explorer scale and work it out from the contour lines. Old school but very accurate!

Thanks old school sounds complicated but will have a look! Just tried earth tools but it keeps crashing my internet - grrr!

Posted

It's been snowing in Croydon since july 1972!

Yes, I remember the last mild spell down there in June 72 when temps reached 3.1 celcius for two days running. Epic mild spell that one in the chilly terms of London's coldest borough. Floods everywhere.

Posted

Watching the Radar in vein hoping for something in the way of PPN over West London but looking very unlikely. Looking quite good (In comparison to the last few upsets) for other parts of the South East, possibly a couple of CM's for a few tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Pretty light here in Lee SE12 but just starting to pick up now.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Thanks old school sounds complicated but will have a look! Just tried earth tools but it keeps crashing my internet - grrr!

good luck fella