Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

LOL, it makes perfect sense to me. I think all of the work I have done this weekend has finally got to me and I probably need sleep. smile.gif

Darker.

Or a week off?

I just want June to arrive now. Summer and everything that comes with it! Feb is just the arm pit of the year.

Very Dark

And time for a drink...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Or a week off?

I just want June to arrive now. Summer and everything that comes with it! Feb is just the arm pit of the year.

Very Dark

And time for a drink...

I can also confirm after looking out the window it is most certainly dark outside! huh.gif

When i get back from holland on tue evening i shall have a little snow dance, need to try something! dirol.gif

Posted

I can also confirm after looking out the window it is most certainly dark outside! huh.gif

When i get back from holland on tue evening i shall have a little snow dance, need to try something! dirol.gif

Have a safe trip mate! (no pun intended) whistling.gif

You might be lucky with some snow over there, or unlucky, depending on plans... and I still reckon odds on for your area Thursday/Friday

Posted

Have a safe trip mate! (no pun intended) whistling.gif

You might be lucky with some snow over there, or unlucky, depending on plans... and I still reckon odds on for your area Thursday/Friday

We shall have to wait and see. I just hope i don't come back tue and find all doom and gloom in here because west country has been forecast a larry let down breakdown for after weekend with only some transient sleet below the m4 corridor.... shok.gif

I shall have to amuse myself in amsterdam tomoro evening, such a shame. laugh.gif Just to make you laugh have a look at forecast for the place! I come back tue evening so as you can see lady luck is on my side...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/36?&search=amsterdam&itemsPerPage=10&region=world

Edited by mullender83

Posted

We shall have to wait and see. I just hope i don't come back tue and find all doom and gloom in here because west country has been forecast a larry let down breakdown for after weekend with only some transient sleet below the m4 corridor.... shok.gif

I shall have to amuse myself in amsterdam tomoro evening, such a shame. laugh.gif

Yes, I can't imagine how you will manage that :D

I can't see anything being marginal, but where have we heard that before... Snow ball fights midday Friday... well, I'll assume I can't get to work.

Posted

Yes, I can't imagine how you will manage that wink.gif

I can't see anything being marginal, but where have we heard that before... Snow ball fights midday Friday... well, I'll assume I can't get to work.

I cannot see much snow for end of week? Ian seems to think only glouc and east of region may see real chance of snow? before risk moves north?

starting to think me and you are only 2 in the south west.... huh.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Hi guys, Im still lurking around. I usually post here because my location in Poole leads me to the central south thread, which I believe has maybe 3 or 4 of us lol. However my water bills all utilities etc. put us under the sw. If those upper temps can materialise as progged even we can surpass the 1cm of snow we have had this year and thos past lol. I dont expect much this week but the charts suggest next weekend and after could be our time for the white stuff.

Posted

Or a week off?

Very Dark

And time for a drink...

Yes I definitely need a break! I worked a 68 hour week last week, give or take a few minutes and I have woken up exhausted. Ah well only 5 more days 'til the hols, a couple of snow days at the end of the week would be just what the doctor ordered though. :cc_confused:

I agree, roll on June! Glad you got your JJ tickets, I must say I am looking forward to seeing him, in a no doubt muddy field. He is fab.

It's still dark! It's depressing going to work in the dark and driving home in the dark.

Posted

Hi peeps. I've just got in from work and we have just had what could just about be called a sleety shower. Not a lot of frozen stuff in it, but there were definitely some frozen bits landing on the windscreen.

It feels icy cold too.

Posted

Cheers Ian. I copied and posted your update in Model discussion Thread - hope you don't mind.

Doesn't look brill for us, then for this week with regards snow - hopefully things will temporarily 'break down' over the weekend and we get a dump of snow from the south west and then it gets pushed back by the very cold.rolleyes.gif

Hi BB

Pretty good assumption there, always looking for what you descibed in the last paragraph.

Cheers

S

Abbeymead

Posted

Hi all in this thread,

Domestic hep needed.

I've been readig this site for about 7 years or so and just registered.

How do you reply to someones post so that my reply is below the green box in which someone else has added a post.

Also need to update signature etc so help again would be apprecited.

Posted

Just waiting for my taxi to the airport but i thought i should mention it is snowing. blink.gif

temperature 1.0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Hi all in this thread,

Domestic hep needed.

I've been readig this site for about 7 years or so and just registered.

How do you reply to someones post so that my reply is below the green box in which someone else has added a post.

Also need to update signature etc so help again would be apprecited.

Hit the reply box below the message and it will format it for you. Another Abbeymead person, thats three of us now!!

Posted

damn taxi can't find my house....

I did warn my boss it wouldnt find me rolleyes.gif

still some light flakes in the breeze although i think i'll miss any real snow this afternoon. wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Had a sleety shower this morning as I left for work, but now damp and cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I was in Birdlip this morning where there was some light snow / snizzle falling, enough to cover half my windscreen in slushy ice. Oh and the now infamous snow patch along the A417 is still there :wallbash:

Posted

Nothing but damp drizzle about this week with temps around 3-5 degrees all week.

Really at this point nothing that cold coming our way or snow.

Looking like the atlantic will come steaming in next with the models going for a west based -ve NAO.

Models downgrading every day now, even FI looks like poor now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Theres been a few flakes floating about most of the day here.

Maybe if that PPn to the NE / E moves over it will come down a bit more heavy.

Not expecting much from this cold spell at the moment though.

Posted

Shows how hard it is to forecast snow when it can fall with the temp at 3.1c and dewpoint just touching 0c. There have been flurries since around 10.00 with the heaviest about half an hour ago with quite large flakes that didn't settle. The radar looks very interesting for Wiltshire pushing into East Somerset and the Bath area for this afternoon.

Posted

Getting snow flurries here in North Bristol. If it is snow when it is only light precipitation then anything heavy will definately be snow so it will be intersting to see if this precip to the east coming across the region comes to anything. Can't see it settling though as the temp is still a bit hight for that unless it snows very heavily.

Posted

4C and overcast here, v light drzzly shower a short while ago with the odd sleety flake mixed in. Cloud does not look dark enouth to be 'snow cloud' so not getting the slightest bit excited!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Apparently theres snow in swindon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Still getting snow flurries, getting heavier now, non settled so far.

Flakes getting larger too!!

Edited by textmum