Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Snowing now here.

Only light and wont expect it to settle.

Posted

Snowing properly in Warminster and trying to settle on cars. It's blowing around in the wind but some of the flakes are large. The amazing winter continues!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Light snow flurries in Nailsea where I work, just the type that blows around in the wind. Still nice see though.

Posted

hello south west from a snizzley london. devon and cornwall are my favourite parts of the uk. glad you're getting a bit of the white stuff in bristol where i used to work. hope to be heading down south west when the spring/summer hits

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Afternoon all!

Bone chillingly cold today, not above 1C, overcast. The wind is evil.

Did the taxi ever get to mullender? Will he make it to the coffee shops? shok.gif

Anyways, its not dark.

Posted

I am home already, I took an executive decision and decided I needed a night off so I am already in my pj's, no gym for me either tonight, just a bit of surfing and a good book. :rolleyes:

By golly it is cold here. We have also had the odd flurry and the sky looks snowy. Fingers crossed for a lie in tomorrow! Are you listening weather gods?

Posted

I finished early to... did go to the gym, thankfully managed to fit Scrubs in while I was on the x-trainer so took my mind off the rather boring wall.

Things are looking up, my trend is constantly upwards, or so the computer tells me, and the computers never lie, do they?

Still cold, not dark. (is light/dark a symptom of the weather, as I'm using this to stay OT?)

Posted

I finished early to... did go to the gym, thankfully managed to fit Scrubs in while I was on the x-trainer so took my mind off the rather boring wall.

Things are looking up, my trend is constantly upwards, or so the computer tells me, and the computers never lie, do they?

Still cold, not dark. (is light/dark a symptom of the weather, as I'm using this to stay OT?)

Easier to see all of that snow in the dark isn't it! whistling.gif

Well done you on the gym stuff! smile.gif I have to admit that I have been slacking off lately, I know I should be pushing myself a bit more but I am so tired, that kind of tired where your limbs just feel heavy and you cannot concentrate/bordering on hysteria...

Never watched scrubs so I cannot whitter about that. I don't really watch tele unless I am at the gym.

Getting darker.

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

Easier to see all of that snow in the dark isn't it! whistling.gif

Well done you on the gym stuff! smile.gif I have to admit that I have been slacking off lately, I know I should be pushing myself a bit more but I am so tired, that kind of tired where your limbs just feel heavy and you cannot concentrate/bordering on hysteria...

Never watched scrubs so I cannot whitter about that. I don't really watch tele unless I am at the gym.

Getting darker.

Hmm, you may be onto something there... although a light source does help?

Can't say it ever gets to the hysteria stage unsure.gif Although the morning after tennis hurts on the bike nonono.gif

Gloomy darkness now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Light Snow flurries here! Very pretty to watch. What a pity it won't stick around to play lol ! :whistling:

Posted

A good start to the cold spell for me, a biting easterly wind, snow flurries etc and it's only the first day ! and to think some people thought we would be bone dry over here or it might be a none event for the SW.

Posted

Hmm, you may be onto something there... although a light source does help?

Can't say it ever gets to the hysteria stage unsure.gif Although the morning after tennis hurts on the bike nonono.gif

Gloomy darkness now...

Ahhhhhh just ignore me Matt, I am "on one!"... apparently. Perhaps I should just take up drinking on school nights.

It gets to the end of term and the whole mundane routine of it all starts to get to me, (as well as the tiredness!). I'm not good with clipped wings for very long, that's why I am in the best job ever, as I can be impulsive every 6 weeks. :lol:

Tennis, very energetic! Do you play outside?

As for the light source, that's what lamposts are for. :D

Very dark and very cold.

Posted

A good start to the cold spell for me, a biting easterly wind, snow flurries etc and it's only the first day ! and to think some people thought we would be bone dry over here or it might be a none event for the SW.

Agreed, radar picking up some snow around Devon at the moment, so showers popping up everywhere.

Ahhhhhh just ignore me Matt, I am "on one!"... apparently. Perhaps I should just take up drinking on school nights.

It gets to the end of term and the whole mundane routine of it all starts to get to me, (as well as the tiredness!). I'm not good with clipped wings for very long, that's why I am in the best job ever, as I can be impulsive every 6 weeks. smile.gif

Tennis, very energetic! Do you play outside?

As for the light source, that's what lamposts are for. smile.gif

Very dark and very cold.

Yup, Tuesday nights, been a bit cold recently! Although it is cancelled if the courts are icy... obviously.

Drinking is a good idea, although I'm still abstaining during the week at the moment, its not too bad. It will all go to pot in the summer of course, but the intention was good.

Posted

Agreed, radar picking up some snow around Devon at the moment, so showers popping up everywhere.

Yup, Tuesday nights, been a bit cold recently! Although it is cancelled if the courts are icy... obviously.

Drinking is a good idea, although I'm still abstaining during the week at the moment, its not too bad. It will all go to pot in the summer of course, but the intention was good.

Ever thought about taking up badminton in the winter? :lol:

Well done you on the drinking thing, you will be glad you have done it when you go on your trip.

Another brilliant aspect tp my job is of course the 6 week summer holidays and drinking wine in the garden whilst watching the sun go down. :D

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

will you be able to have a break for a bit over half term Dancing daisy?It was blooming cold out on the playground today, a real evil wind (Was it you Matt that mentioned that too ?) .I'm only an assistant but really ready for half term.

At one point it snizzled and clouds looked really menacing on my way home at 4.

Posted

Ever thought about taking up badminton in the winter? biggrin.gif

Well done you on the drinking thing, you will be glad you have done it when you go on your trip.

Another brilliant aspect tp my job is of course the 6 week summer holidays and drinking wine in the garden whilst watching the sun go down. smile.gif

Used to play badminton, but not for years!

Pah, 6 weeks holidays, not at all jealous. dry.gif

will you be able to have a break for a bit over half term Dancing daisy?It was blooming cold out on the playground today, a real evil wind (Was it you Matt that mentioned that too ?) .I'm only an assistant but really ready for half term.

Probably... it is nasty!

Edit: Infact its -7.6C in the wind. cold.gif

There is also a little feature moving along the south coast in this direction on the radar. Could be interesting in a bit.

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

Snow!

Well, a few flakes blowing in the wind, but still.

Posted

Never ever let me see those words "only an assistant" again lady!

I couldn't cope without my TA, she is fabulous and keeps me sane on those horrid days when it all goes pear shaped, and I imagine the teacher you work with couldn't manage without you either!

So consider yourself told off! :yahoo:

I was TA for years before I became a teacher, I know how hard TA's work.

I am hopefully going to take a few days off, no plans as yet but I am sure it will involve lunch, cocktails, comedy club, shopping...

Enjoy your break as well! :yahoo:

Oooh snow Matt? Nothing here.

Posted

Husband's tennis tonight and I do not envy him out there - cold, windy and odd wet/ice/sleet showers coming down.

We ladies haven't played since October due to rain/ice/snow - back to it after half term though.

Wind so bad i'm bundled up just to have a smoke outside!

Welsh weather (Freeview won't pick up Points West) said that next week looked like being the snowy week, any chance that's for us too?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

OK got the message dancing daisy I promise.Catching up with some housework and hopefully seeing some of my friends (as well as dogsbody and taxi service for my children/young adults) will be my half term and that will be good.

Well as for the weather ... it's that cold the cat has not hung around outside tonight(usually out all night ) and the dog gave me that "And I'm going where?" look when I opened the back door for her.Bless.

The windchill has to be -4 at least and it's set to get colder.This winter brings back memories of childhood winters(not that old really-still under 40).

No, no snow here either.

Edited by littlemissy

Posted

Had light sleet here on and off since 7pm, feels bitter as that wind has really wipped up.

3c with DP 1c.

Think we may have a smilar week to that of Feb '06 where we had frequent light/moderate snow flurries, im still optimistic that we're at the start of a long very cold spell despite the models not favouring it so much at the moment.

Posted

Evening all...

Had some fairly heavy snow flurries in Bath earlier...

Wind has a bit of a bite to it tonight, as others have said...

I'm now the proud owner of a wireless weather station (birthday present from the missus)!

Spent most of Saturday putting it together and mounting it on a pole!...

Now trying to write my own .NET application to get a live data feed off it... But paying more attention to Mock the Week at the moment!...

Apparently it's 1.2°c here (dew point -2.2°c)... Time to bring on the snow!

Posted

Despondency has set in for me, i'm afraid. The models seem to be progging a 'raw' few days for our area; not exceptionally cold as what seemed to be coming when the models picked up on this coldish spell a few days ago.

Yes, i know 4 or 5 celsius is a little below average for mid Feb, but it seemed that the models were predicting temps to be 2 or 3 celsius a few days ago for 2nd half of this week.

Little snow action for the forseeable as well - hoping it changes by the weekend - not confident though. Just have that feeling it will peter out for us by end of weekend. If it does and there's no real cold, snowy weather in the offing i, for one, will hope for an early Spring with a bit of warmth.

Our own, Aspire, was getting knocked slightly over the weekend for suggesting a boring coldish spell of dry weather was looking likely for the forseeable - it looks to me as though he could've called it right.

Bl##dy radiator upstairs started to leak tonight; oh joy! Plumber friend coming tom morn luckily - but damage done to carpet and puddle underneath floorboards decided to leak thru' to dining area - great!wallbash.gif

Posted

OK got the message dancing daisy I promise.Catching up with some housework and hopefully seeing some of my friends (as well as dogsbody and taxi service for my children/young adults) will be my half term and that will be good.

Well as for the weather ... it's that cold the cat has not hung around outside tonight(usually out all night ) and the dog gave me that "And I'm going where?" look when I opened the back door for her.Bless.

The windchill has to be -4 at least and it's set to get colder.This winter brings back memories of childhood winters(not that old really-still under 40).

No, no snow here either.

Make sure you have a good break and have some 'you time,' the job is stressful enough so you must have some rest in between. smile.gif

Awww, my cat never liked the snow, she would put a couple of paws out of the door, shriek loudly and then high-tail it straight up to bed. Which is where I must go now and catch up on some much needed Zzzz's!

Night all. I hope you all get the snow that you wish for! X

Bristle boy> I expect you have already done this but have you checked the valves? Sometimes a leak just comes from a loose valve so tightening the nuts and bolts should fix it.

</Jack of all trades, master of none> :drinks:

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

Wind is howling, -1.4C with a DP OF 3.4C, wind chill a whopping -9.4C, and damn you can feel every degree.

Snowing still a little, but nothing to write home about. Still, wasn't expecting anything, so good times.