Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Good evening all from the place where it never snows. Poole lol.I would love to see the ECM verify and dump huge amounts over the west country and south coast of course. Reason being apart from the fact that we always miss out but its now become more personal because a certain arrogant member on another thread gave a guesstimate of the snow fall for next week stating that those on the south coast and south west would probably only get rain or sleet at best because thats normal, then had the arrogance when one of our fellow southerners disagreed had the arrogance to say that if he didnt like the weather here then move. Cmon ECM prove him wrong lol.

Yes I saw that.... I had to bit my lip but wot goes around comes around. lol |Mind you, he will want to move when we get the brilliant bbq summer. lol

Edited by alijoe

Posted

Yes I saw that.... I had to bit my lip but wot goes around comes around. lol |Mind you, he will want to move when we get the brilliant bbq summer. lol

Hi alijoe youre right about that lol. Just had another post removed from the model thread which I thought was perfectly chart related. Last week I posted that it was my belief the easterly wouldnt materialise and it would be a cold and benign week for most and I was beaten up for it. How on earth can you prove what is only an assumption based on your intake of the charts. Guess im not in the back slapping league or living in the wrong location to be a member on that thread. Shant bother any more it really does have the atmosphere of a bloody library room. End of rant lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

hmm west country really is not getting much luck with this cold spell. wallbash.gif

I really want to see a decent snowy event as i have only seen one/two wet snow afairs so far this winter really and seem to dodge them all. cray.gif

Posted

Hi alijoe youre right about that lol. Just had another post removed from the model thread which I thought was perfectly chart related. Last week I posted that it was my belief the easterly wouldnt materialise and it would be a cold and benign week for most and I was beaten up for it. How on earth can you prove what is only an assumption based on your intake of the charts. Guess im not in the back slapping league or living in the wrong location to be a member on that thread. Shant bother any more it really does have the atmosphere of a bloody library room. End of rant lol.

Ahh don't worry about it, your input is always welcome in this thread! :wallbash:

Posted

lol... your safer here anyway. I know I am in south wales but am a Bristol girl and have to say the West is Best. lol

Posted

Who was that then?

Yes, do tell, kent. I'll punch his lights out. :cold: I'll hazard a couple of private guesses and see if I am right. :D

Do excuse me. :D It's been a bit grim on the climate change forums lately, too......... :(

Ah, well, c'est la vie, I suppose.

I have managed to persuade myself that we will not get any snow. That way, if we do get some it will be a lovely surprise. :D It's certainly getting colder by the day, at the moment.

Still along way off and I am sure people might disagree with me, but the charts are showing something special for next week for us tonight. I won't say how special, but IMO with even the 240 chart being in sub 528 thicknesses it is pretty special indeed it starts in the 168 timeframe so is still boardline FI. We might get a fair few posts about this in 3-4 days time once it comes into the ultra reliable phase.

*whispers on* Is it still looking promisisng, Iceberg, or has it faded away? *whispers off*

Edited by noggin

Posted

cold and dry here today with temperature 0.5c and still no sign of us seeing any snow in the near future here. wallbash.gif

feeling short changed to be honest. unsure.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Another hard frost at home, not so cold down here, some menacing clouds but also sunshine.

At work so not checked the models.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Another hard frost at home, not so cold down here, some menacing clouds but also sunshine.

At work so not checked the models.

snow showers here

*tee hee*

ok. I'll get my coat!oops.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Morning All,

Regular snow flurries here too. But not worth hoping for anything to get excited about.

What are the whispers on NW that the SW is going to get something special next week. I'm not into the charts yet so no point at me looking.

Any pointers from anyone? good.gif

Posted

Just started to chuck it down with the white stuff here in North BTL and i'm just about to catch the train to SW London for a work project - great! I'd best take the shovel!good.gif

Posted

couple of flakes in the air here also. yahoo.gif

some more showers coming into view so we could get a dusting maybe.... drinks.gif wishful thinking i feel though diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

A light snow shower here in Nailsea, seems to be a bit of showery activity in our neck of the woods over the next couple of hours.

Posted

We get so many days in Spring/Summer/Autumn with sunshine and rain showers that it's great to have a proper sunshine and SNOW showers day :) ! Plenty of blue sky, plenty of TCu and a few looking to become CBs and all bringing flurries of snow.

I wonder what the windchill is today, it's 2.7c with a very brisk NE wind.

Posted

Snowed quite a bit here in North Bristol a short while ago. It settled on cars and grass for a while. Also looks like some more coming along on the radar.

Posted

bristol looks like getting some heavy snow in the next half hour with all those showers packing in however i think they shall miss me by about 10 miles. cc_confused.gif

My house is getting cold now also because oil for the heating has run out and they said it would take a couple of days! temp in house is down to 15c and falling cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

No snow here today. Looking more and more marginal for next week to, think the 900feet might come into play again.

Radar subscription ended as well, and due to the fact the new version cripples IE I'm not going to go for it again (that and winter is nearly over)

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Hi Matt,

What is the boundry line for next week with regards to the snow, as you said you are not due any down there, what is Bristol's chance?whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Radar subscription ended as well, and due to the fact the new version cripples IE I'm not going to go for it again (that and winter is nearly over)

Mine ran out on the 5th and I am not going to bother renewing for the same reasons. (I might bite the bullet if something major pops up)

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Heavy snow shower in Sherborne about an hour ago. Guess it was the same one that hit Yeovil, it was heading that way!!! Settled briefly on grass and soil, but melted on landing on roads and pavements. Sun's shining now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Another snow shower in Nailsea, strange to see bright sunshine & snow.