Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Just had a quite a heavy snow shower that lasted about 15 mins, a nice covering now :)

Posted

Trying to decipher from the model output discussion thread what might be happening in terms of snow potential next week for our region. The north and west has been mentioned as a good area for snow, but not sure if they are referring to the UK or England. Half term next week so would be great to see some lying snow again and dust off the sledge.

Posted

well this is a surprise

still very heavy snow in Wythenshawe and has been for 15 mins now

any more due to arrive today?

Posted

Just had a brief moderate to heavy snow shower. Now clear sky's with the sun beaming down. Seemed to pass through rather quickly.

Posted

Very snow shower just begun. Winds very strong so all the little flakes just being blown around but starting to settle just about. Bit wild out there! crazy.gif

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted

Very snow shower just begun. Winds very strong so all the little flakes just being blown around but starting to settle just about. Bit wild out there! crazy.gif

looks like a snow shower could be heading to south manchester way soon

still got lying snow from the heavy snow we had an hour ago

Posted

Just stopped here so had a particularly heavy snow shower which lasted about 10mins. Left no covering though cause it was starting to settle but its all gone now so temps must be too high but I have got a bit which has settled on top of the garden table at least! These showers seem to making there way across the Pennines which is promising but bad thing is they aren't very organised and are isolated and seem to be moving through very quickly. Sky looks very clear now to my NE.

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

Had heavy snow here too,lasted about 15 mins and put a slight covering down.Just looked at the rain today radar and it looks like there is quite a few showers to the east making there way over the pennines .

Posted

Had heavy snow here too,lasted about 15 mins and put a slight covering down.Just looked at the rain today radar and it looks like there is quite a few showers to the east making there way over the pennines .

Just had about 23 flakes in the back garden but that's about it!!!

Would be a nice surprise to get some snow as not expecting it today in south Liverpool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Thats 23 more than here. Lots of sunshine today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Looking at the GFS 12z and reading between the lines in the MOD thread, it looks like the nw MIGHT be in the firing line for some decent snow next week (Weds?). Anyone else reckon so?

Posted

Can see a quite beefy looking shower coming my way outside and on the raintoday radar. I wish these showers would organise themselves and stop being so isolated because they are making their way over the Pennines quite regularly!

Edit: Few flakes blowing about in a stiff breeze at the moment!

Light snow started falling and being blown round. Some massive flakes mixed in.

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted

Once again the south of the region is doing very well in terms of seeing snowfall, whereas up here in Cumbria we have seen not one snowflake. The wind was stronger today which has helped those showers to penetrate into southern parts, the fact that the Pennines are less of a barrier in the south than up here has also helped.

It looks like we are about to a see bone dry week - a very dry first half to February indeed. My attention is firmly on early next week when we will have some weather to talk about... looks like a cold night tonight mins of -4 degrees easily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Once again the south of the region is doing very well in terms of seeing snowfall, whereas up here in Cumbria we have seen not one snowflake. The wind was stronger today which has helped those showers to penetrate into southern parts, the fact that the Pennines are less of a barrier in the south than up here has also helped.

It looks like we are about to a see bone dry week - a very dry first half to February indeed. My attention is firmly on early next week when we will have some weather to talk about... looks like a cold night tonight mins of -4 degrees easily.

Indeed

this will have to go down as the best winter for 10 years for me(IMBY)LOL

loads of potential for next week could be quite a bit of snow around Mon-Wed for our region

will be a nice way to say goodbye to possibly the last significant snowfall of this winter

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!

aye up, I was in wythenshawe earlier with my eldest, when the heavens flew open and out poured a blizzard. Hurrah, just as the bus arrived. There's still a weeny bit left in my garden now, up here in M21, and it's pretty cold so here's hoping for next week...

um, one other thing - are we to expect owt from over the pond? their storms seem to bring something our way - does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

aye up, I was in wythenshawe earlier with my eldest, when the heavens flew open and out poured a blizzard. Hurrah, just as the bus arrived. There's still a weeny bit left in my garden now, up here in M21, and it's pretty cold so here's hoping for next week...

um, one other thing - are we to expect owt from over the pond? their storms seem to bring something our way - does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

no sadly dosent work like that, if they were coming here it would mean usually tropical maritime air and rain as the system moves towards the UK, the saying we get Americas snow is false

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

No the storms in the USA will not effect us

a very good post by damianslaw in the MOD thread earlier though

it looks good atm for next week,with a number of low pressure systems coming down

the first system will probaly be rain,but quickly turning to snow as the cold air cuts in from

the north,then further LP systems spreading from the north,all to paly for and hopefully this cold

spell will go out on a bang especially for our region LOL

C.S