Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Foggy and frosty start here in Northants, weather related accidents on A43 and M1. Min temp last night 0f -1.0c. Currently temp of -0.4c and dewpoint -1.9c. Precipitation just south of Oxford. Heavy snow being reported in Somerset and Met Office have issued heavy snow warnings for SW and London and SE.

Posted

Well a good sign this morning that I recieved a light dusting of snow. I must admit Im going to be very disappointed if there isnt snow lying on the ground tomorrow here. A channel low on Monday looks possible, moving up into our region heading northwards. But if we get the snow from the channel low, people roughly south of London would only get rain!

Edit: GFS 06z looks good for tomorrow morning when the band of PPN passes into this region, should turn to snow in a lot of places

Then Snow event on Saturday albeit the far north of this region, Then the channel low Sunday night into Monday! (All GFS 06z)

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

The problem is this front is moving quite rapidly, meaning it'll hit us at the most unfavourable time. Looks like we could see more rain than snow :wallbash:

Posted

Temp of 0.2c and dewpoint of -1.3c very slight breeze from NE. It seems a lot colder out than temp suggests.

Posted

Anyone have any thoughts on whether East Herts will see any snow today?

Thanks.

Matt.

Edit: It's just started raining here, near Stansted Airport, about 50 miles north of London.

Edited by Matt12

Posted

Brackley, Northants is reporting snow by the way...

Is it me or does the front seem to be moving slightly NE? seems to be moving quite fast too, but I think if it does fall as snow, some of Northern EA may be caught by surprise... just a hunch I have.

Posted

The reason why the Met have issued flash warnings is because of the latest NAE output, which has improved the snow chances for Cambridgeshire, Northants and Peterborough in particular

Posted

Would like to add to the people further north than me, that my Dew Point is steady at around -0.5C and my Temperature is 0.8C

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Well, looking at the radar - the first band should be hitting Cambridge very soon. It'll be interesting to see what's falling out of the sky. What do you reckon, Snowman?

Posted

Anyone have any thoughts on whether East Herts will see any snow today?

Thanks.

Matt.

Edit: It's just started raining here, near Stansted Airport, about 50 miles north of London.

Matt, would think in your location, you may be a little far east (similar to my location) for the main action today of any snow, however during the morning of tomorrow I would say it is certainly possible you would have seen the rain turned to snow.

Quite posible that Saturday may be very interesting also for this region.

Posted

Would like to add to the people further north than me, that my Dew Point is steady at around -0.5C and my Temperature is 0.8C

My Dewpoint was the same when the PPN hit around a hour ago with a temp of 1C and it fell as RAIN.

Dewpoint now 0.9 and temp is 2.5C. The band of PPN has much warmer air under it

Posted

Well, looking at the radar - the first band should be hitting Cambridge very soon. It'll be interesting to see what's falling out of the sky. What do you reckon, Snowman?

Well, the current conditions suggest snow, Im hoping they stay the same! Will report when the precipitation begins to fall.... Should be a little less marginal for you, The Met seem pretty confident (80% or more) that places in Cambridgeshire will see accumilations today, see we will have to wait and see....

Posted

I'm actually working in Cambridge today, so more worried about whether it's going to be a nightmare getting home!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Morning all.

Its raining here with current temp at 0c. Its quite heavy rain!

So what can we expect in the way of snow for Luton between now and monday.cc_confused.gif

Posted

Well, the current conditions suggest snow, Im hoping they stay the same! Will report when the precipitation begins to fall.... Should be a little less marginal for you, The Met seem pretty confident (80% or more) that places in Cambridgeshire will see accumilations today, see we will have to wait and see....

Just got a phone call from my dad, he is working up in the Chilterns today. Been Pouring with RAIN.

A friend of mine lives near bath in Somerset and yet its been snowing heavily there blink.gif

Edited by Archie_Lewis

Posted

Moulton Northants Icy rain/sleet just started. Temp 0.4c Dewpoint -1.2c

Edited by jimben

Posted

2.6c and steady here in West Suffolk, very misty still but starting to clear...

Depends on the DP's and thicknesses but I think it's too marginal for snow in the current conditions.