Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

14:11 is the time as I post!

And people are writing the event off. I never saw anyone forecast the main event now or even significant snow this early on!

Posted

Might just reach Nottingham, Shivers. Very borderline to be honest. Maybe Nick F may have a better idea but I'm only going by METO radar and the PPN seems to be slowing down as it moves NE.

Back to fine drizzle now but wind seems to be picking up a touch.

Phil.

Posted

Might just reach Nottingham, Shivers. Very borderline to be honest. Maybe Nick F may have a better idea but I'm only going by METO radar and the PPN seems to be slowing down as it moves NE.

Back to fine drizzle now but wind seems to be picking up a touch.

Phil.

tanks looking at the rain today radar looks like it could go further north than notts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Turning a little haily and wintry in nature here now also - dont want it to yet. We'd get better accumulation potential after dark.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

On the borders of marginality here- big, chunky snowflakes coming down at moderate intensity mixed in with rain. Take one look up at the sky and can see millions of snowflakes just waiting to land. Only a matter of time before we start to see a full transition to heavy snowfall. Heavy snowfall now! biggrin.gif

humm nothing here yet - odd flake in the air - later the better though I suppose :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Had nothing but intermittent very light snow for the past hour, which is disappointing considering what I saw on the radar an hour ago, don't want to look at the radar now because I know it will be a massive disappointment!

On a positive note though the temp has dropped back to 2.4c and the DP has remained below freezing.

Edited by nick2702

Posted

HEAVY SETTLING SNOW IN REDDITCH , dont worry those further north in staff its only turned hear the last half hour, and as the evening gets closer things will rapidly go down hill or uphill for us lot so to speak ,very heavy snow as i speak . the further north the better it gets cause it will then stall before goin east .

heavy snow here south Mids....settling now albeit still wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

To be honest, I don't think today has been too bad so far with a mixture of rain, sleet, snow (some of which become quite heavy 30 minutes ago). And it looks like a bigger band of heavier precipitation is heading this way. cool.gif

I've got a bad feeling the heavier snow is going to stall around Worcester and then move Eastnonono.gif

Wow thats great news as i already have a very decent covering here, a nice wintry scene here, one of the best days in weeks, who wouldnt want snow, children are out enjoying it already and everyone is happy apart from the usual mild loving whingers smile.gif

Edited by Eugene

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Had nothing but intermittent very light snow for the past hour, which is disappointing considering what I saw on the radar an hour ago, don't want to look at the radar now because I know it will be a massive disappointment!

On a positive note though the temp has dropped back to 2.4c and the DP has remained below freezing.

Sleet/wet snow just started falling here Nick.....very promising :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Sleet/wet snow just started falling here Nick.....very promising :drinks:

I've had that for the last hour, I'm doing my old "don't look at the radar trick", because every event I do I end up frustrated as I watch it miss us all. What I don't know can't annoy me :whistling:

But if snow managed to settle yesterday on drenched ground then it can settle anywhere!

Posted

14:11 is the time as I post!

And people are writing the event off. I never saw anyone forecast the main event now or even significant snow this early on!

Yeah thats worth remembering to be honest, its peak daytime heating so this is always gonig to be the most marginal time, an dindeed away from the heaviest precip and the NW front part of the front it will be rain and sleet I'm afriad for a little while yet.

Things become more interestinmg for a bigger part of the region from 6pm onwards, sadly for some that may be a little too late but for central and eastern parts of the Midlands I'd not worried yet to be honest.

Watch the wrap around develop, already got a decent comma cloud shape and this should develop yet more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Hello! Am reporting back after dentist trip!

Now have very heavy, settling snow...

Garden and all pavements covered well, roads getting covered now too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still a light wintry mix here. Not confident of getting anything at all. Front keeps breaking up as it moves north of birmingham.

Posted

Yeah thats worth remembering to be honest, its peak daytime heating so this is always gonig to be the most marginal time, an dindeed away from the heaviest precip and the NW front part of the front it will be rain and sleet I'm afriad for a little while yet.

Things become more interestinmg for a bigger part of the region from 6pm onwards, sadly for some that may be a little too late but for central and eastern parts of the Midlands I'd not worried yet to be honest.

Watch the wrap around develop, already got a decent comma cloud shape and this should develop yet more.

That's it! wrap around! Hook was close though lol.

Just looked at MetCheck and they reckon 20C is being observed in North Devon:unsure:

Temperature sensors starting to go haywire methinks, with that apparent 9C in Coventry that was showing earlier.