Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

We are now in "Snow Factor 2" in Halesowen. That means that all older cars are covered, newer cars are starting to look slushy, gardens are tinted white and roofs are begining to attract snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Actual snow now! Far too wet to settle, but decent-sized flakes and moderate intensity at times. 1.3°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Got what can only be described as heavy dandruff here, still very small flakes, similar to what people further south were reporting earlier. Nowhere near intense enough to settle yet.

Posted

You need some Head And Snowlders for that mate!!! I'll get my coat whistling.gif lol

*Groan*...

facepalm.jpg

:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

We've had dead heavy stuff for about an hour, started to settle about 25 minutes ago and is now easing off slightly. Tonight looks like being an interesting one!

My husband reports that it's settling and thawing (thizzling?!) as it lands on our garden table!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Alright duuuuudes! I'm sitting here in my uncles office in snowy South Wales at the moment lol. Snow isn't settling below 200m though, it has snowed all day though which has been cool to see. I just checked the radar out and I wish I was in Leicester tonight because it looks well played for some decent snow. I'm coming home tomorrow though so I might see some snow on Saturday and Sunday, models look quite tasty for the Midlands :D

I'm going to be envious of you lot tonight!! Enjoy it!!

Posted

If it continues that way it will only be here maybe 1-2 hours more cetainly not till 9-10-11pmish likely the gfs shows. What are peoples thoughts on the direction of precip?

post-6740-12665093229217_thumb.png

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

Been bucketing it down here now for about an hour and we have an inch already!!!!

latest picture and it's gonna keep going for hours by the look of things!!!

100_0763.jpg

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Looking ahead the Met Office have sleet for me on Sunday but heavy snow Monday day & night.

Right now its still snowing with reasonable intensity here but not quite as good as an hour ago (the flakes arent as big). The stuff that has settled on roofs and grass has not quite reached 100% cover yet and is not very deep, but its a pretty scene out of the window right now.

Edited by SteveElbows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

If it continues that way it will only be here maybe 1-2 hours more cetainly not till 9-10-11pmish likely the gfs shows. What are peoples thoughts on the direction of precip?

In my very inexpert opinion it all hinges on the pivot (if you'll pardon the pun) - I can't tell if it will be a south to north or a west to east direction at the moment. I'm hoping for a stall and a bit of a slow west to east....followed by a surprise beasterly over the weekend, with a stealth polar low for good luck :):)

Posted

Things starting to pick up slightly as the temperature plummets. Flakes getting everso slightly bigger and greater in number. Still nothing settling...yet.

Posted

Yep the front ois moving that way but the main low is moving due east and this mean that any precipitation to the west of us will pull back towards us as the night weras on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

*turns on Midlands sized hairdryer* I am jealousssss, no snow settled here in South Wales but you guys are going to get slow moving heavy snow tonight lol. Jealous much...

Posted

The precipitation is still moving north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Well you guys enjoy your snow... Raining here as usual.

Posted

It's settling! Wahey :D

My pessimism is paying off once again!