Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Very wet snow here, it's made the grass a nice light green colour. Not expecting much, would have been good if we could have had a day of snow!

Posted

Snowing nicely here now with a covering everywhere.

Quite a wintry outlook as well going off the latest model output. ;)

Posted

An hour or so ago the temperature here was 2.1c but suddenly it has gone down to 0.9c and we have moderate snow falling,it is just starting to accumulate on the grass-seems to me that some colder air plus lower duw points have arrived so some hope for lower lying areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Accordining to customers at work roads are shocking in Consett!! I may get snowed in here in Stanley considering their was nothing at 3.30 and now a good covering has settled in 2 hours.

I can definitely confirm that!

Didn't get higher than 2nd gear until I got to Greencroft, saw two crashes in Consett, and it looked like the road from Stanley to Consett was about to be blocked. Cars were struggling getting up the bank next to pontop pike and the traffic was backed up nearly to Greencroft, and there was a police car heading towards the bank.

Quite a dangerous but also exciting drive home, good luck and take care anyone on the roads up here!

Posted

Accordining to customers at work roads are shocking in Consett!! I may get snowed in here in Stanley considering their was nothing at 3.30 and now a good covering has settled in 2 hours.

road conditions are deteriotating,but nothing like what we have seen earlier in the year.

I can definitely confirm that!

Didn't get higher than 2nd gear until I got to Greencroft, saw two crashes in Consett, and it looked like the road from Stanley to Consett was about to be blocked. Cars were struggling getting up the bank next to pontop pike and the traffic was backed up nearly to Greencroft, and there was a police car heading towards the bank.

Quite a dangerous but also exciting drive home, good luck and take care anyone on the roads up here!

onions drivers with the pedal to the floor lol.

Posted

Wintry mix (getting snowier then less) in Washington now. This must mean the snow level is fairly low. Anyway hoping for it to get heavier over here we've only got a grass dusting so far but the pavement seems to be getting a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Heavy sleet now giving a covering of slush. A lot of sleety raindrops, but also a good few wet snowflakes now. Becoming increasingly snowy.

Edit: All snow now, small-medium flakes.

Edited by alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Sleet gave way to snow from around 6.15 onwards and the ground is now white.

Posted

As I was expecting conditions this evening have become favourable over this region for fairly low level snowfall, dew points have dropped to the right level for snow above 150m, amounts of snow will depend on intensity of precipitation.

Unfortunately for us we are not in the heavy precipitation zone and just as dewpoints have become conducive for low level snow here at the same time we are seeing the precipitation become very light and will likely clear in the next few hours - dissapointing.

Posted

Slight dusting now on the grass and car.

Posted

0.5cm on grass, starting to lay on pavements as well now.

Hopefully there'll be a decent amount of snow (>1 inch) by the morning :)

Edited by alza

Posted

As I was expecting conditions this evening have become favourable over this region for fairly low level snowfall, dew points have dropped to the right level for snow above 150m, amounts of snow will depend on intensity of precipitation.

Unfortunately for us we are not in the heavy precipitation zone and just as dewpoints have become conducive for low level snow here at the same time we are seeing the precipitation become very light and will likely clear in the next few hours - dissapointing.

I think you've posted in the wrong thread Windermere is in the NW England theres a separate thread, although your post could easily refer to us at the moment although its dropped at least 30-40m less above sea level here.

0.5cm on grass, starting to lay on pavements as well now.

Hopefully there'll be a decent amount of snow (>1 inch) by the morning smile.gif

I'm hoping with you but it may just be an inch of slush. Sleet gave way at about 6.30 and went to chippy in the big wet snowflalkes with snow still going here.

Posted

1.5cm on the grass now but it still isn't settling on the pavements or roads. Its going to look strange tomorrow if the rooves, grass and cars are all pasted with wet ground!

Posted

Everything white here and still snowing but it is very slushy and not accumulating to any great extent-I imagine at slightly more altitude they are getting quite a fall-cue hagler to tell us.

Posted

Just driven from Stanley to Consett, the roads are shocking- if that freezes later tonight it will be an interesting drive back to work. And it is still snowing!! I know we have no grit but none of the roads looked like they had been ploughed!!!

Posted

Everything white here and still snowing but it is very slushy and not accumulating to any great extent-I imagine at slightly more altitude they are getting quite a fall-cue hagler to tell us.

Not sure what it's like up Consett at the moment, I'm at Carlisle tonight, it was certainly a challenging drive from home up until I got to Hexham, the A68 was really bad. It was snowing most of the way to Carlisle but had stopped lying just after the Hexham roundabout.

Edited by Hagler

Posted

Still snowing up here, just light but certainly accumulating nicely.

Seems to be stuck over us, just when it looks like it's nearly finished it just intensifies again, looks like a constant feed off the North Sea.

It seems wrong to complain when we're doing well on high ground, but we've had non stop ppn for almost 24 hours now, just wish it was all snow we could have been up to a foot again.

Posted

Drive to Stanley at 7.00 was very slushy! Must be 4 inches in Consett, more snow about an hour ago, but now very wet! Bring on tommorow afternoon! Will it make it this far North? Radar watching me thinks.

Can't see much to get excited about tomorrow, but you never know.

Next week could be interesting, but then again it feels like I've thought that for about 6 weeks now!

06z GFS gives us some snow moving in from the south west later on Tuesday, turning more to rain. That ppn then stops in the north sea, picks up loads of moisture, mixes with the easterly winds then moves back in to give us a pasting Thursday!

Looks a nice setup but it's still a good way off, something to keep us interested though.

Looks about 2 inches here this morning, now thawing a little with light drizzle. Not bad but considering we had 24hrs of ppn, and about 12hrs of snow, it could have been so much better.

Posted

Yesterday evening's dusting was washed away overnight by rain.