Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spells Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Blue skies here (Reading) 28c and rising.

I am sure a very large area will see above 30c + today

Grass looking very dry

Britain currently looks like the hotspot in Europe!

Reurmett.gif

Could you post a link to this website ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Stop bragging its only bloody 13c thats a discrace for mid july.

Who gives a crud about bloody yellow grass it'll go back too green in the winter again, i wish this rain would bug off and give it to you lot and then you would be wanting sun back again. You know ever since i got off for summer i've had constant rain! UGH!

Stop moaning. Your location is very exposed to atlantic weather so you will bare the brunt. Its the fact of life for your location. Move if its such a problem! While brown grass doesnt sound much to you but our rainfall is very below average and NW England began their hosepipe ban today. I think your unaware of how dry it is down here.

I know your annoyed that your location is cool and wet but its always more likely where you are than here. No need to take it out on us just because we have better weather! Your location gets more snow in Winter (Usually :clap: ) so most of the time were the one wanting it and you have plenty while in Summer we have it better than you.

Its not my fault our grass in England is brown and we have the sun and heat!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very very strong but cold sea breeze... :) :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Stop moaning. Your location is very exposed to atlantic weather so you will bare the brunt. Its the fact of life for your location. Move if its such a problem! While brown grass doesnt sound much to you but our rainfall is very below average and NW England began their hosepipe ban today. I think your unaware of how dry it is down here.

I know your annoyed that your location is cool and wet but its always more likely where you are than here. No need to take it out on us just because we have better weather! Your location gets more snow in Winter (Usually :clap: ) so most of the time were the one wanting it and you have plenty while in Summer we have it better than you.

Its not my fault our grass in England is brown and we have the sun and heat!

I think some places are lucky to have brown grass - that's some grass more than certain areas. The ground in some areas around here looks like it's developed alopecia - the grass is coming away completely and leaving layer of dust (mind you, at least it's low in fat! :))

Posted

I think some places are lucky to have brown grass - that's some grass more than certain areas. The ground in some areas around here looks like it's developed alopecia - the grass is coming away completely and leaving layer of dust (mind you, at least it's low in fat! :))

Were having the same as well in the worst parts. When mowing the lawn (what little had grown anyway :clap: ) i was just getting dust in my face because especially around the edges its just dust rather than grass now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Who gives a crud about bloody yellow grass it'll go back too green in the winter again, i wish this rain would bug off and give it to you lot and then you would be wanting sun back again. You know ever since i got off for summer i've had constant rain! UGH!

Like someone above said, if you are expecting hot and sunny weather up there, then you should seriously consider moving. NI is possibly the worst place for good summer weather (except northern Scotland) You will very rarely ever see 30C there as you are close to the atlantic, and even 25C must be pretty rare there..

If I were you, i'd buy a house down here in the arid region that is London at the moment if that's what you are looking for, but to blame us for enjoying the weather that we get is a bit ridiculous :clap: and it's not like you get terrible winters up there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Bridlington was 27.4c at 3pm according to weatheronline. If so its the warmest day there for 9 years. On 29th July 2001 it reached 28.3c.

Posted

Like someone above said, if you are expecting hot and sunny weather up there, then you should seriously consider moving. NI is possibly the worst place for good summer weather (except northern Scotland) You will very rarely ever see 30C there as you are close to the atlantic, and even 25C must be pretty rare there..

If I were you, i'd buy a house down here in the arid region that is London at the moment if that's what you are looking for, but to blame us for enjoying the weather that we get is a bit ridiculous :clap: and it's not like you get terrible winters up there!

Lol echo the above. I was in Belfast in July 08, and it hit 24C...even though back home here it was 31C, 24C in Belfast for some reason felt really quite warm...though what was really funny, was it drew out everybody including the people we were staying with, to enjoy the great heatwave while it lasted - it felt almost festival like with everyone having ice creams, everyone out over the parks having picnics, the bikinis/sun costumes out...it was quite surreal and only for 24C in mid July.

But yes seriously - it's the same most years - here it hits 30C+ every year without fail. Being closer the continent the S and E will always have warmer/hotter and generally drier summers, like the N and E will always have colder winters - it's just physics. 2008 was an exception in that it hit only 30C ONCE iirc and was generally cool and wet all summer.

2008 was a poor year for storms in many areas, in particular the SE. Then on 6th August we had one of the best lightning displays for many a year...with all this barren, dry and stormless weather, lets just hope that when (if) something does come along, it'll be memorable like that day two years ago!!

Posted

Lol echo the above. I was in Belfast in July 08, and it hit 24C...even though back home here it was 31C, 24C in Belfast for some reason felt really quite warm...though what was really funny, was it drew out everybody including the people we were staying with, to enjoy the great heatwave while it lasted - it felt almost festival like with everyone having ice creams, everyone out over the parks having picnics, the bikinis/sun costumes out...it was quite surreal and only for 24C in mid July.

But yes seriously - it's the same most years - here it hits 30C+ every year without fail. Being closer the continent the S and E will always have warmer/hotter and generally drier summers, like the N and E will always have colder winters - it's just physics. 2008 was an exception in that it hit only 30C ONCE iirc and was generally cool and wet all summer.

2008 was a poor year for storms in many areas, in particular the SE. Then on 6th August we had one of the best lightning displays for many a year...with all this barren, dry and stormless weather, lets just hope that when (if) something does come along, it'll be memorable like that day two years ago!!

Yes I agree, and so far it's turning into a wonderful summer here at least :clap: I think today will be the 4th or 5th time we hit 30C this year? Quite good going for early July..

Posted

Yes I agree, and so far it's turning into a wonderful summer here at least :clap: I think today will be the 4th or 5th time we hit 30C this year? Quite good going for early July..

Indeed - I really disagree with anyone (from the SE) who said last summer wasn't good - I thought last summer was a great summer. Lots of dry and sunny weather, numerous days where 30C was exceeded, the thunderstorm frequency spiked back up towards average numbers after 2 appalling years...the only real rainfall we got outside of storms, was the torrential rainfall events which hit in November.

Spare a thought those who are complaining of the poor weather further towards the NW - because of your LP mates who keep visiting you, it is deflecting all of our storm potential on to the continent. So yes we might be enjoying high temperatures and sunshine, but we are also enduring (relatively) very high humidity and no rainfall whatsoever which normally would make things more bearable...try working Monday to Friday in an office where the temperature outside is 28-32C, humidity is 80%+ and there is no breeze...add to that the air conditioning has packed up and inside the office is hotter than outside! By mercy of my bosses, I'm wearing a white t-shirt, shorts and birkenstocks, got two desk fans and Im verging on being uncomfortably warm.....

Love it though really :)

EDIT - Just noticed the MetO latest temperature readings indicate Gravesend (about 10 mins away from my house) is leading the race at the moment with 31.4C...that is going to be one seriously hot night tonight...my local stag beetle friend will be buzzing around the house with delight tonight I'm sure!! For those who haven't bumped into a stag beetle before, take a butchers:

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Feeling you pain Joe.

The B*****d rain :clap: has just gone off here at the mo, but the wind has picked up agian and the sky is still black to the south west with more to come:angry:

As a sun worshiper, this NW/ SE or S divide eats me up. I only want to get home from work and sit out of an evening or get out doors at the weekend :)

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted

Looks like Gravesend is going to take the Honours again today

Gravesend - 31.4c

Southend - 30.5c

L Heathrow - 30.5c

Charlwood - 30.4c

Norwich AP - 30.3c

More to come over the next few days :clap:

Sat outside until 11pm last night where the temp was still 22c. Looks like it might not below 24c tonight at Midnight, certainly has a Continental Feel about Summer this year.

Posted

Yes, in all honesty I do feel for you lot up in the NW and NI who are suffering from cooler and wetter weather when we are sizzling down here in the south... especially as it's the low pressure over you lot that is driving up all the warmth from the continent for us :whistling: But if you are working in this, it's not nice at all.. thankfully i'm not so I can enjoy it :nonono:

Posted

Feeling you pain Joe.

The B*****d rain :whistling: has just gone off here at the mo, but the wind has picked up agian and the sky is still black to the south west with more to come:angry:

As a sun worshiper, this NW/ SE or S divide eats me up. I only want to get home from work and sit out of an evening or get out doors at the weekend :nonono:

Big Innes

Big Innes, I moved from Edinburgh to Cambridge in the spring, and what I wouldn’t give for a wind, some black skies and rain.

It has been very dry and hot, the grass is brown, hardly any wind, and my garden resembles an overgrown ant's nest. June saw 25 mm of rain, July has seen a whopping 0.7 mm of rain.

This hot/dry spell is fine as a novelty factor, but boy is it boring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Sat outside until 11pm last night where the temp was still 22c. Looks like it might not below 24c tonight at Midnight, certainly has a Continental Feel about Summer this year.

you are really very lucky... its warm here but nothing like that. i wish...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I dont envy SE guys, way too hot that, feels hot here with the TM air, windy with sun in and out, max temp 25.7°C

typical weather pattern though, unsettled NW and settled sunny SE, with here a bit inbetween

Posted

you are really very lucky... its warm here but nothing like that. i wish...

The humidity must have increased quite a bit this afternoon, because It feels like about 33/34C at the moment! At 9am it was just 18C here and cloudy and now it's 30C and cloudless! A perfect day and evening, although i'm not looking forward to sleeping.. it will probably be about 25C at 11pm..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

A max of 28.3c here today, smashing last years high of 25.6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

A max of 28.3c here today, smashing last years high of 25.6c.

Who said its the south hogging all the warm weather :whistling: my top temperature today is 26.9C

Posted

Who said its the south hogging all the warm weather :whistling: my top temperature today is 26.9C

Well, we've been having these sorts of temperatures for a month now..:p:nonono:

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Big Innes, I moved from Edinburgh to Cambridge in the spring, and what I wouldn’t give for a wind, some black skies and rain.

It has been very dry and hot, the grass is brown, hardly any wind, and my garden resembles an overgrown ant's nest. June saw 25 mm of rain, July has seen a whopping 0.7 mm of rain.

This hot/dry spell is fine as a novelty factor, but boy is it boring!

I think after 3 weeks of rain and cloud we would like sun and i'd say you'd like that if you were in our situation! Why do people make such a fuss about grass, it'll grow back in the winter, when we get MORE rain!

Edited by frostyjoe