Warm/hot Spells Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Well, we've been having these sorts of temperatures for a month now..:p :lol:

and.. ? The southeast just gets everythingdry.gifdry.gif

Glen Ogle - 9.4C

Gravesend - 31.1C

Both at 5PM, thats quite a difference for the same time on the British mainland!

Thats nuts 9c is freezing! When is it going to be warm again? and when i say warm i mean like 25c or something for like 3 weeks constant not on and off like we've had this summer.

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

max temp today was 28c and currently at 26c.similar temp expected again tomorrow :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think after 3 weeks of rain and cloud we would like sun and i'd say you'd like that if you were in our situation! Why do people make such a fuss about grass, it'll grow back in the winter, when we get MORE rain!

I dont think your aware of the situation here. If we werent watering our plants daily, they would be dead for ages by now. Sure the grass will grow back eventually but this is much more than the average dry spell. There isnt a hosepipe ban in the NW of England for nothing.

It would be nice if you had some respect for other members. Just because your not having what you want doesnt mean you can be rude about others who are enjoying it such as your earlier post including "Who gives a crud about bloody yellow grass".

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

I dont think your aware of the situation here. If we werent watering our plants daily, they would be dead for ages by now. Sure the grass will grow back eventually but this is much more than the average dry spell. There isnt a hosepipe ban in the NW of England for nothing.

It would be nice if you had some respect for other members. Just because your not having what you want doesnt mean you can be rude about others who are enjoying it such as your earlier post including "Who gives a crud about bloody yellow grass".

i have to say that i agree with blizzards here! its really bad down here in the s/e! chatham is soooo dry! OKAY! I Love the hot weather but its very extreme here! everything is yellow and the heat is alot to cope with! Be careful what u wish for frosty joe!

it has been so hot and dry here! it was 31C a few weeks back and we did not go below 25 until a few days back when it cooled down for a couple of days! ! we reached 30.8 here today and i doubt i will sleep tonight! its 28.7 here atm and i doubt it will manage to drop much more tonight!

just checked and its down to 27C now on my outdoor thermometer! thats a bit better! now heres hoping that the temp can get below 20C tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Waft some of that heat over will ya lol, been in the low to possibly mid twenties today, my thermometers are useless as our garden is a suntrap and very sheltered so the temp is several degrees higher than it actually is. I would not like to be sleeping in that heat over there tonight especially in London looks as though its going to be a sticky one.

A 20c temp difference between, the north of the country and the south that is such a huge difference for the Uk.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

and.. ? The southeast just gets everythingdry.gifdry.gif

Thats nuts 9c is freezing! When is it going to be warm again? and when i say warm i mean like 25c or something for like 3 weeks constant not on and off like we've had this summer.

:rofl: You really do have ridiculous expectations of the weather in NI and the British climate as a whole. You have to drop your hopes that your going to get three weeks of 'constant' 25C. Its not going to happen, and I would be very surprised if it has ever happened on record.

Your regularly complaining and moaning is starting to get really irritating. You need to except that your never going to have prolonged or extreme summer heat that the SE/EA is capable of achieving way up in the extreme NW in Northern Ireland; its the simple physics of weather, and if you actually need someone to explain to you why (many others have tried previously but you seem to outright ignore them) after over a year of participating on this weather forum then... :doh::lol:

A hot one down here again, with temperatures topping out at 30C under hazy/sunny skies.

Currently clear, calm and still pleasantly warm at 23C. Norwich is still ridiculously warm at 28C at 9 o'clock according to XC Weather.

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted

Frostyjoes an immigrant from the Sahara Dessert, obviously.

Naw i'd much prefer the usa.

:rofl: You really do have ridiculous expectations of the weather in NI and the British climate as a whole. You have to drop your hopes that your going to get three weeks of 'constant' 25C. Its not going to happen, and I would be very surprised if it has ever happened on record.

Your regularly complaining and moaning is starting to get really irritating. You need to except that your never going to have prolonged or extreme summer heat that the SE/EA is capable of achieving way up in the extreme NW in Northern Ireland; its the simple physics of weather, and if you actually need someone to explain to you why (many others have tried previously but you seem to outright ignore them) after over a year of participating on this weather forum then... :doh::lol:

A hot one down here again, with temperatures topping out at 30C under hazy/sunny skies.

Currently clear, calm and still pleasantly warm at 23C. Norwich is still ridiculously warm at 28C at 9 o'clock according to XC Weather.

Well its hard not to bloody moan when everytime there is warm weather they get it and especially when they get a heatwave and we end up with below average weather!!

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Well its hard not to bloody moan when everytime there is warm weather they get it and especially when they get a heatwave and we end up with below average weather!!

But frosty joe you get all the snow we miss out on lol :rofl: :lol:

Posted

Reached 23c here around 12pm then its been cloudy ever since, looks like it will happen again tommorow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What about all the snow you usually get that we dont! You have completely the wrong perspective about your locations climate and those surrounding you. You keep ignoring the information we give you!

Posted

But frosty joe you get all the snow we miss out on lol :rofl: :lol:

I'd rather have both! After all the warmth you get i hope i get a very cold winter and colder than last winter.

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Reached 23c here around 12pm then its been cloudy ever since, looks like it will happen again tommorow.

What a difference some 30 miles makes! While it went cloudy in the afternoon the sun returned this evening and is clear now and temps almost reached 27c. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

What a difference some 30 miles makes! While it went cloudy in the afternoon the sun returned this evening and is clear now and temps almost reached 27c. :lol:

Yep, agreed Luke...I left Penkridge around 2pm to go to Daventry to see some customers...Penkridge at 2pm, a very pleasant 23C breezy, with a moderate humidity....Daventry at 3:30pm, an uncomfortable 28.7C, no breeze, and high humidity..A difference of say, 50 miles as the crow flies, but a considerable difference in conditions

Posted

Off to Majorca, Spain tomorrow where i can enjoy two weeks of hot sunshine with 30-36c temps every day pretty much! If im extremely lucky, maybe a Thunderstorm but a very low risk...as always. :lol:

Posted

Helped friends move house all day today and boy was it hot and uncomfortable.... reached 33c in Tankerton N. Kent and with the humidity and no breeze.... lots of water and a foot dip in cold water in bath needed....so refreshing....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Off to Majorca, Spain tomorrow where i can enjoy two weeks of hot sunshine with 30-36c temps every day pretty much! If im extremely lucky, maybe a Thunderstorm but a very low risk...as always. :rofl:

Hmm, I'm going to Italy in late August, maybe this year i'll be adapted when I get there :lol: It was quite a shock last year when I touched down at the airport and it was 39C!!! it was 32-38C the entire 2 weeks, and night temperatures were 20-23C.. a bit unpleasant but I got used to it.

Posted

Off to Majorca, Spain tomorrow where i can enjoy two weeks of hot sunshine with 30-36c temps every day pretty much! If im extremely lucky, maybe a Thunderstorm but a very low risk...as always. :lol:

Used to live in Mallorca in 1980s and boy was it hot in June/July/August, far too hot.....even had to get water imported by ships as reservoirs ran dry..... summers too hot there.... It can get upto 42-44c there and is usually very humid when that hot so unbearable....Dont think it will get that bad... but enjoy.... if you can go to Palma for a night out, lots of lovely tapas bars and mallorquin restaurants... or Wellies in Puerto Portals if your down near that way....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hmm, I'm going to Italy in late August, maybe this year i'll be adapted when I get there :lol: It was quite a shock last year when I touched down at the airport and it was 39C!!! it was 32-38C the entire 2 weeks, and night temperatures were 20-23C.. a bit unpleasant but I got used to it.

off topic, but I remember during my RAF days, and I was posted to Belize, Central America for 6 months...Left RAF Brize Norton on a cold late winter night (-2C) and landed at APC Belize City (12 hours later, after a 3 hour stopover at Dulles) at midday with an air temp of 36C with 90% humidity and a torrential thunderstorm!!....Jeez, that was a serious acclimatization!

Posted

Used to live in Mallorca in 1980s and boy was it hot in June/July/August, far too hot.....even had to get water imported by ships as reservoirs ran dry..... summers too hot there.... It can get upto 42-44c there and is usually very humid when that hot so unbearable....Dont think it will get that bad... but enjoy.... if you can go to Palma for a night out, lots of lovely tapas bars and mallorquin restaurants... or Wellies in Puerto Portals if your down near that way....

Usually it is nice though we were there once when they had about 44c! Ouch! Its looking very nice with 32c the average max. We go to the North East of the Island in a place called Port de Pollenca. Love it there. :lol:

Back on topic, it should be another very warm and hot day for Central and Southern areas tomorrow. I think Norwich will be highest at 31c maybe 32c if they are lucky!

The usual pattern when the SE has very hot weather is that we in the north and west of the UK have fairly rubbish weather. I don't see what the problem is, if you're that fussed then move to the SE. Simples!!

Anyway, I'm sure that after one day at 30C we'd all be pleading for a return to normal weather :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Usually it is nice though we were there once when they had about 44c! Ouch! Its looking very nice with 32c the average max. We go to the North East of the Island in a place called Port de Pollenca. Love it there. :lol:

Sorry, again off topic, but agreed thats a lovely area. We were there in late July/early August 2003 where the temperature was the same in Majorca and the UK lol! We were in Alcudia but enjoyed a visit to old Pollenca, further inland where they have the 365 steps, and a drive up to Cap de Formentor. There's a nice cove beach around there.

Anyway, eventually it cleared again this afternoon and we reached a very respectable 27.3C but felt hotter than that in very strong sun. Tomorrow's going to be horrible here for me working in a garden centre (glass roof)!

Posted

Just of note, Brogdale is official uk high temperature today on bbc with 32.5c.... so was 0.5c higher here, not suprising.... hot hot hot..........