Warm/hot Spells Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

29C here which is far too hot for my liking :good:

How do you cope in spain.

Posted

How do you cope in spain.

Dunno ive never been to spain :unknw: Thankfully it's not going to be as hot in sunny scunny tomorrow :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Really nice summery weather here in the West Midlands...For me personally, the West Midlands is geographically perfectly placed during this current spell of weather..Being on the southern flank of this NW/SE transitional zone, its making for great weather...25C, partly cloudy, nice breeze, and a touch of humidity emphasizing the warm air, generally not too humid and hot, and certainly not cool....The only ingredient missing is occasional rainfall, although 06z GFS is showing rain & temporary cool conditions for monday, then back into the low/mid twenties for most of the week...Perfect for outdoor workers like myself...luvvly jubbly... :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Watching the golf on BBC1 and it looks like a different world! grey, cloudy and wet, with people wearing jumpers and trousers.. down here it's 30C, sunny, and everyone in shorts and T Shirts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Temperature here is currently 30.6C and sunny. Garden is starting to look like the Sahara Desert lol

Posted

Surprisingly my location just broke into the 30s about an hour ago, though most of the time we've been hovering between 28-29C. Had a very nice long gentle bike ride earlier on in the day, but the sun is quite strong at this time of year so the ole tan is coming along nicely!

Looks like a max of 30C today but locally we've probably got upto 31-31.5C in some lucky spots. Meanwhile in the NW end of the country some places are only at 16-18C and the east coast of Scotland is only at 11-14C in general, so a decent contrast between the two ends of the country.

Posted

31 deg in my garden today in the shade. Temp prob from the pool said 39 deg in the sun. pool running at 29 deg so nice and comfy to swim in. Loving the weather at the mo the only bug bear is the heat when I am trying to sleep. lol Sorry for all the guys who do not have this weather but it will be with you some time in the future.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Horrid day only 25 but very humid. Big difference between the peak district and Sheffield this lunchtime. Quite nice on top with a good breeze. Take away the humidity it would be a very nice at the moment.

Posted

yep! it reached 31C in our garden at 15:30 today! it is hot but we do have a nice breeze! been grouchy today with severe hayfever and my poor grass is sooooooo............ well it was yellow but it seems to have gone grey now

Watching the golf on BBC1 and it looks like a different world! grey, cloudy and wet, with people wearing jumpers and trousers.. down here it's 30C, sunny, and everyone in shorts and T Shirts!

I live about 15 miles away from where the golf course is on Loch Lomond (in a straight line) and believe me when I say it's been like autumn today. Nice if you like that sort of thing. I'd rather have this than 30C+, unless I was not working and could sit in the shade with a nice cold beer all day :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Sun coming back out now and the temp on the way back up. Back up too 24.2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not normal for the UK

Not as hot as yesterday, temps definitely higher early on. Had one hell of a sweat on here in Peterborough yesterday and today. Still 26.6C now so not into pleasant yet! Just looking for the forecast for monday and top temp 13~C roughly here!!! can't wait!!!!

Posted

Not as hot as yesterday, temps definitely higher early on. Had one hell of a sweat on here in Peterborough yesterday and today. Still 26.6C now so not into pleasant yet! Just looking for the forecast for monday and top temp 13~C roughly here!!! can't wait!!!!

make that 23 probably lol i wish it was 13 :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

definitely been a bit cooler today judging by the temperature records across the SE today. Heathrow only reached 28c. I say only, but im sure many up north would give an arm and a leg for wall to wall sunshine and 28c. Has been a beautiful day though. I personally love the heat.

Outside of the SE it hasn't been that great really, 25C in Birmingham today not exactly hot really, it's been a long four years since Birmingham recorded 30C+, proper heatwaves are when places outside of the SE/EA can enjoy temps into the early 30's C and for more than one or two days at a time, all the real heat is on the continent we are just on the periphery at times with glancing TM southwesterly flows with no proper hot TC southerly and thundery breakdown, the week ahead looks much cooler and unsettled with synoptics very similar to late June 2007.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Hyde Park in London:186094_1.jpg

It's like a desert. I was there for a gig a couple of weeks back and even then it was sweltering and very arid and dusty.

Posted

definitely been a bit cooler today judging by the temperature records across the SE today. Heathrow only reached 28c. I say only, but im sure many up north would give an arm and a leg for wall to wall sunshine and 28c. Has been a beautiful day though. I personally love the heat.

i wish i liked the heat, but then again i dont have to very often living in the U.K!

Posted

Beautiful evening here, lovely vibrant sky and sunset. Also pleasantly warm/cool after today's sweltering 32.1c maximum, which equalled my top temp of yesterday. Fitting if these should be the hottest days of 2010... if there's a hotter I fear we'll be hearing more of droughts through August, but it does seem like it's going to become progressively cooler this week here, perhaps returning to normal!

Posted

Beautiful evening here, lovely vibrant sky and sunset. Also pleasantly warm/cool after today's sweltering 32.1c maximum, which equalled my top temp of yesterday. Fitting if these should be the hottest days of 2010... if there's a hotter I fear we'll be hearing more of droughts through August, but it does seem like it's going to become progressively cooler this week here, perhaps returning to normal!

some utterly amazing skies around cambridge at 4am everyday this week, cant take a good pic with a nokia n96 in a van though :doh: any1 got pics?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

yeah, this week here in London at least, it looks like we'll lose the heat and return closer to average temperatures with 23C-24C on most days with a good amount of sunshine still as the NW/SE split continues..

That pic of Hyde Park is basically what it looks like around the whole of the SE!! It really does look like a desert

Posted

Looks like the yearly tradition which started in July 2007 for the Mid July washout followed by Autumnal Northerly is going to happen yet again.

Yes we need the rain but why can it never come in hot thundery blasts like August 2004 or Late June 2005.

We've not even had a heatwave here, we had an hour of sunshine from 2-3pm though not unbroken, other than that it was mostly cloudy.

The weekend of 22-23rd May still stands as the best spell of summery weather here, 26c and nothing but cirrus from jets, incredibly clear and low humidity!