Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spells Discussion

Just of note, Brogdale is official uk high temperature today on bbc with 32.5c.... so was 0.5c higher here, not suprising.... hot hot hot..........

:lol: We've never had 32.5C up here, the local record is 31.5C!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I do sympathise with those who are getting cool weather, cloud and rain rain rain!

But for those not accustomed to it, I really think you should be careful what you wish for. 30C+ on holiday is lovely. For one or two days at home great. When you have high temperatures for several days and even more oppressive nights for days on end, you slowly begin to dislike it. My friends in Scotland say its too hot when it reaches 24-25 up there - I really don't think they could cope with 30-32C with 80-90% humidity for several days, with night time temps not falling below 20C (bearing in mind, it only reaches that by 4-5am!) especially without a breeze. We've had 15 mins of rain in the over 4 weeks...

Posted

Still 22.4C here and very close. Pondering a sleep in the Car with the air con on.

Temperature really slow to fall this evening so could be even hotter tomorrow.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

I do sympathise with those who are getting cool weather, cloud and rain rain rain!

But for those not accustomed to it, I really think you should be careful what you wish for. 30C+ on holiday is lovely. For one or two days at home great. When you have high temperatures for several days and even more oppressive nights for days on end, you slowly begin to dislike it. My friends in Scotland say its too hot when it reaches 24-25 up there - I really don't think they could cope with 30-32C with 80-90% humidity for several days, with night time temps not falling below 20C (bearing in mind, it only reaches that by 4-5am!) especially without a breeze. We've had 15 mins of rain in the over 4 weeks...

The thing is, not many people in the UK at all, not just those in Scotland, could cope with several days of '30-32C with 80-90% humidity' which I should think is something not experienced in the UK even during the hottest heatwaves. I would go as far to say as that it would be significantly worse than several days of mid-30's with the usual low humidity accompanied by it when such temperatures are reached in the UK.

With such high humidity your talking real tropical heat, the humidex calculator gives a whopping reading of 50C and 'dangerous discomfort' at 32C with humidity at 90% (at the higher end), and still an incredible 43C and 'great discomfort' at 30C with 80% humidity (at the lower) as a point of reference for what that kind of heat is equivalent to.

Posted

The maximum temperature here today made 28.1C, so the highest since August 2006. The mean temp this month here is currently 19.3C, so its a very warm start. Rather uncomfortable nights though, with a mean min of 14.5C which is actually higher right now than July 2006 (14.2C).

Posted

I remember going to Egypt at the height of summer in 2008 (early August) it felt very humid when I first arrived, but of course it actually wasn't humid. Overnight lows would never dip below 32C or so and one day the maximum was 47C! I did get accustomied to the temperature and it didnt feel bad after the first day or so, except out in the sun of course!

Back on topic, 30C was breached here for the first time this year, temperature still is around 20C hence why I am still up, hopeing for some drop before I attempt to make some sleep! Expect possibly Saturday to be even hotter than today here, I suspect 31C is possible for my location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Was at Bluwater shopping centre today (about 15 mins drive) from about 12 noon, kept going out for a cigy and a bit of sunbathing, then back to John Lewis for more shopping and the air conditioning, was very hot with clear blue skys, a very continental feel. A Scottish guy who was lying back on a bench drinking lager had a good laugh as my trolly tipped over as I made my way back to the car in the heat and when I got back to the car just after 4pm it was like an oven, then I caught all the friday traffic around the Darftord river crossing, nightmare!

Don't like it too hot. And as for Rain, I'm going to have to do a rain dance soon, there have been Showers just to the South, North, West, mainly in early June, but its been completely dry here apart from a few drops on the morning of 30th June, must be one of the driest places in the country, I'm even having to water my Cherry Trea....but the Figs are doing fab! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

so could be hotter for SE saturday and after a very muggy night its going to start rising quick im thinking a 33c point 5 exact in a hot spot by 5pm saturday..

Posted

already its 20,1 cant sleep its boiling hate to think what its going to be like here later

Posted

Temperatures look to be starting from a high point today but sadly the cloud is about. A tad cooler around here today I think, this would be supported by the GFS looking. However, a bit warmer up over East Anglia and Norwich area. As they'll see most of the sun today.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

well its 24c at norwich already imagine if the wind dosne't come in ! They will be very warm, pity it wasn't a few degrees warmer and then it would possibly be record breaking. The funny thing is , its only 11c here, in a distance of only 300 miles the weather has changed very quickly.

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

well its 24c at norwich already

That's not going to do my 93yr old grandmother, who lives on half a lung after having TB as a child, much good. I thought my mum had been on a bit of a spending spree recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

17.5c min and already 23.4c at 9am. Lying in was impossible but that's probably a good thing!

My missus is doing Race for Life in Leicester today - not ideal conditions for a 10km run!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Already 22c and feeling very warm. This time yesterday it was barely 19c and we finished up with 28.3c.

Posted

Already 22c and feeling very warm. This time yesterday it was barely 19c and we finished up with 28.3c.

Yep same here.I wouldn't be surprised if the temp reaches 30c later this afternoon.

Posted

30c in norwich at 12pm already if the wind doesn't kick in they could actually get quite hot up there, meanwhile its only 14c here and drizzling!

havent you anything better to do in your life than just come on here and complain at your ludicrous weather. if it is so pants, why come on here and ruin everyone elses weather, that the majority of us are having. it is gorgeous here LOL. also, your average is 17c, so 14c at 11am seems right and the rain seems just about right for you too. enjoy it.... i note you asked when will you see weeks of temps always getting to 25c or above. seriously, that is like asking when will places like london in the winter stay below -15 for weeks. i wish some people would talk sense.

22c here, dry, bright, with cloud. expect it to really break a bit later. didnt sleep till 2am in morning and got up half 7 this morning.

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

havent you anything better to do in your life than just come on here and complain at your ludicrous weather. if it is so pants, why come on here and ruin everyone elses weather, that the majority of us are having. it is gorgeous here LOL. also, your average is 17c, so 14c at 11am seems right and the rain seems just about right for you too. enjoy it.... i note you asked when will you see weeks of temps always getting to 25c or above. seriously, that is like asking when will places like london in the winter stay below -15 for weeks. i wish some people would talk sense.

22c here, dry, bright, with cloud. expect it to really break a bit later. didnt sleep till 2am in morning and got up half 7 this morning.

Well they have had 30c a few times and that isn't average nor is the 27c average that they have had for weeks, so if they can get why can't we. Plus my average is not 17c it is 18c, ballypatrick forest is 20 miles away right on ballycastles coast on a hill which is always shrouded in fog so that station isn't worthwhile following. Now go away and gimmie head peace any northerner would understand why i was complaining after it was sunny the whole of june and then it came to july when my SUMMER HOLIDAYS are and it started raining infact everysingle day since i've been off has been raining!

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Its a Warm muggy morning and already 22.1C 68% humidity but i expect thats nothing compaired to what the SE is already showing.

Posted

Well they have had 30c a few times and that isn't average nor is the 27c average that they have had for weeks, so if they can get why can't we. Plus my average is not 17c it is 18c, ballypatrick forest is 20 miles away right on ballycastles coast on a hill which is always shrouded in fog so that station isn't worthwhile following. Now go away and gimmie head peace any northerner would understand why i was complaining after it was sunny the whole of june and then it came to july when my SUMMER HOLIDAYS are and it started raining infact everysingle day since i've been off has been raining!

grow up!

18c, one degree above what i said wow, typical of you to add a degree on the average.

and i am a northerner. good riddance its raining, im glad because your annoying me and other people. you find anythign the slightest to moan about. and dont give me that,saying it was sunny a lot in june, because you were the first on here to complain that you only got 25c and not 26c on one day that month! sunny the whole of juen you say? they you have it several weeks of dry weather and the holidays dont start yet!

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

grow up!

18c, one degree above what i said wow, typical of you to add a degree on the average.

and i am a northerner. good riddance its raining, im glad because your annoying me and other people. you find anythign the slightest to moan about. and dont give me that,saying it was sunny a lot in june, because you were the first on here to complain that you only got 25c and not 26c on one day that month! sunny the whole of juen you say? they you have it several weeks of dry weather and the holidays dont start yet!

Were have you been scotland has been off for 4 weeks now and i've been off for 2 weeks.. sorry this isn't england we dont' get off at the end of july, i'd die if i had to wait that long! I have a reason to moan aswell, we normally don't get 3 weeks of constant rain here when its sunny as hell down there in a heatwave, so just gimmie head peace now, your causing a fuss by complaining and we are getting this for the whole summer here so i'm complaining in advance.

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Were have you been scotland has been off for 4 weeks now and i've been off for 2 weeks.. sorry this isn't england we dont' get off at the end of july, i'd die if i had to wait that long! I have a reason to moan aswell, we normally don't get 3 weeks of constant rain here when its sunny as hell down there in a heatwave, so just gimmie head peace now, your causing a fuss by complaining and we are getting this for the whole summer here so i'm complaining in advance.

so you never got constant weeks of rain in the last 3 wet summers when the jet was south for the entire summers. i find that hard to believe looking at your location. places in the south of england in 2007 and 2008 probably got weeks of constant rain and they are much nearer to the continent.

and looking at the year in general for ireland and hearing other irish posters, it has been dry in ireland before july for several months, so i have no idea why you are complaining.

just call a truce eh? sorry for all the rain. if its any concilation everywhere will get some rain next week so you wont be on your own

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Well of course we are going to get hotter weather here.. in London the average July max is 22-23C and the average min is 13-14C.. quite a bit higher than in NI. We are also more prone to getting much hotter weather into the high 20s and 30s more easily because we are close to the continent.. You can't expect somewhere a few hundred miles north west in the firing cylinder of the atlantic to get hot weather!