Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spells Discussion

Posted

At the moment Norwich is the hotspot with 25C at 10am. Im not surprised because London isn't going to be the hotspot today as this will be reserved for somewhere in Norfolk i.e Norwich. I said as much last night in the model discussion thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Quite a lot of high cloud in London which will have an effect of the temps today.

We have actually had very few clear days this summer, most have been hazy with cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

It's been warm and dry for a month now! The only downside has been the lack of sunshine in the last week or so, but still everything is shaping up nicely with another hot spell just starting.. The past month has been like living in south France, my lawn is dark brown!

Another good thing is that we have already hit 30C on numerous occasions here, and although 30C isn't that hard to achieve, we don't usually reach it many times before mid July :)

Edited by robthefool

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

There have been many summers over previous decades which have featured long very warm spells in the first part of the summer such as this one where temps of 30C have been attained on numerous days. In fact they are often more widespread than this one. As others say, not everyone outside of the SE and E of England has been hot dry and sunny for the last couple of weeks or so.

Posted

I am really loving this warmer weather, 24.6C here at the moment on the South Coast. Wouldprobably be a lot warmer but we have a F3 breeze making things just perfect here.

Sister in Spain says they are having a heatwave too with Madrid forecast to be 37-40C

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

30c in norwich at 12pm already if the wind doesn't kick in they could actually get quite hot up there, meanwhile its only 14c here and drizzling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

A very nice day here - much less cloud around than recent days so feels much better. 26c here already too so a hot one for sure!

Posted

Never ceases to amaze my how much warmer in Yorkshire is than back home. Off down South for weekend. Currently in the midlands, its like being aboard down here. Wow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

At the moment Norwich is the hotspot with 25C at 10am. Im not surprised because London isn't going to be the hotspot today as this will be reserved for somewhere in Norfolk i.e Norwich. I said as much last night in the model discussion thread.

Not too sure about that - latest MetO observations show Gravesend leading the way at the moment with 27C, with most of E Anglia around the 24-26C mark - BBC suggesting hot spots today are likely to be London and Kent around 30-31C - I think Norwich however will probably bag the higher temperatures tomorrow, in a similar region of 30-32C tomorrow also.

Still craving some storms which at the moment just don't look likely...grr!!

Posted

Not too sure about that - latest MetO observations show Gravesend leading the way at the moment with 27C, with most of E Anglia around the 24-26C mark - BBC suggesting hot spots today are likely to be London and Kent around 30-31C - I think Norwich however will probably bag the higher temperatures tomorrow, in a similar region of 30-32C tomorrow also.

Its 28c at norwich but theres a station near there which is recording 31.4c. http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03492.html?MR=1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Still craving some Sunshine and Heat which at the moment just don't look likely... F*****g GRR!! :whistling:

Where's the nearest bridge :rofl:

Big Innes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Its 28c at norwich but theres a station near there which is recording 31.4c. http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03492.html?MR=1

All the more interesting on the link is the 90% risk of thunderstorms on Monday! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

26c here. Warmer than what the charts would suggest and not far behind the temps in the East. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Still craving some Sunshine and Heat which at the moment just don't look likely... F*****g GRR!! :whistling:

Where's the nearest bridge :rofl:

Big Innes.

It's amazing what difference a few hundred miles can do! It's about 28C here and not a cloud in the sky, but I imagine it's grey and cool up there and at least 10C cooler.. B)

Posted

Hi,

It seems as so there has been a lot of cloud cover up here which is preventing temperatures rising significantly is thier any chance of this cloud breaking up soon so we can have a warm and sunny afternoon?

Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

It was 25.8c in my back garden before i left to go out. I'd imagine it must be approaching 27c now so plenty of time for it to increase even higher if we havent had an increase in cloud.

Posted

What a lovely day here, cloud continuing to break, one reading puts the temperature as high as 29.7C, the other 28.6C, 30C looks very likely on the 29.7C reading (from Wunderground) and is still possible on the 28.6C reading (From Cambridge University weather station)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I see 25c being recorded in Exeter and 24c in Manchester so still very warm away from the SE.

Edited by Milhouse

Posted

What warm spell? Gah you lucky sods enjoy the hot weather or I'll have to kick your but!

Current weather in the west of Scotland.

35296_1533724831669_1491266400_1335801_7909873_n.jpg

Posted

Strange forecasting on the local BBC Points West today...

- NW member Ian Fergusson did the early morning shift and predicted temperatures up to 28c in Wiltshire.

- Just a few minutes ago Richard Angwin did the lunch time live forecast and the absolute max for this region

was predicted at 25c.

- Having just checked on NW Extra Lyneham & Staverton are already at 26c and it's 26.8c here, so surely these

temperatures will only rise in the next few hours!

- Actually just realised Milhouse's post above mine, with Exeter at 25c and Angwin's forecast had all of Somerset

not getting above 23c, let alone further Sw than that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What warm spell? Gah you lucky sods enjoy the hot weather or I'll have to kick your but!

Current weather in the west of Scotland.

35296_1533724831669_1491266400_1335801_7909873_n.jpg

Look at how green the Grass is there. Not one blade across the whole of the southern area of the UK looks like that! :whistling:

Posted

Britain currently looks like the hotspot in Europe!

Reurmett.gif