Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spells Discussion

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

NW extra says:

post-6667-016111200 1278498008_thumb.jpg

I shall be at Hampton Court enjoying the sunshine and flowers!

This is now descending in to another one of Mother Nature's sick jokes, like the mid 2000s when you guys had some exceptional summers while we were continuously cold and soaking wet :lol:

The past two mornings we have had to put the heating on when getting up for work and the temperature has barely toped out at 14 Deg C . :)

We have had some torrential down pours in the past week in between some normal rain and a storm last Sunday.

Today is again very windy and cool although dry at the moment :wallbash:

Thoroughly depressed,

Big Innes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The past two mornings we have had to put the heating on when getting up for work and the temperature has barely toped out at 14 Deg C . :)

We have had some torrential down pours in the past week in between some normal rain and a storm last Sunday.

Today is again very windy and cool although dry at the moment :lol:

Thoroughly depressed,

Big Innes.

Well if it helps, even in the tropical south here it is cloudy, dull and drizzling persistently for the last few hours. I suppose the saving grace is that is is warm at 21.5C.

What I have noticed though is that the models consistently show quite a westerly regime right through the run into FI but as we near the time, there are little wiggles in isobars that can work in the favour of many, unfortunately not for the northern half of the UK.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1681.png

Possibly something thundery here. Typically I won't be here. I'll be in Spain where there have been some fantastic storms in the last few weeks but all looks settled there for now. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

We're somewhere inbetween - its partly sunny, humid and windy. Feeling warm and I'm recording 26c at the moment (which seems too high more like 24c or perhaps I'm just used to warmth now!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Becoming hot in the se and humid 30/32c at weekend possible with warm muggy air pushing up north with thundery weather developing in north as system moves in later thrs night and in se and maybe south over wkend altho not same features.

Posted

I see no real reason why we won't get upto 30-31C between Friday-Sunday, esp on Friday which for the SE is looking a very good day indeed though cloud does look to be spreading in fro mthe west with time.

Posted

A pretty humid and hot 28c here in faversham.....(check weather online current conditions and xc weather, both show kent to be hottest by quite a margin compared to london etc...)if this is how things pan out we may get to 30-33c by saturday here.... heres hoping.... bbq for world cup final.....on sunday too....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Spare a thought for those living in parts of Kuwait. Temperatures forecast to hit 51C over the next few days. Ridiculous highs.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-As-Sulaybiyah-KUXX0002

wow...see the night temps, would need to sleep outside..are these normal temps or are they an extreme for those areas?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The highest temperature here so far this year is 26.8c on May 23rd. I'd say we will come pretty close to topping that this weekend. The wind direction looks favourable with not much of a sea breeze so 27c possibly 28c could be within reach.

Posted

Becoming hot in the se and humid 30/32c at weekend possible with warm muggy air pushing up north with thundery weather developing in north as system moves in later thrs night and in se and maybe south over wkend altho not same features.

thursday night thundery north? looks like thats the wrong night sorry was half asleep when typed it...gfs shows a chance saturday late for parts of the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

wow...see the night temps, would need to sleep outside..are these normal temps or are they an extreme for those areas?

Perfectly normal nimbilus - I went to Dubai in Aug 2003, when daytime temperatures ranged from 43C to 47C and night time temperatures ranged from between 31C and 33C typically.

Worth noting New York City yesterday morning, at 5:30am was 30C!!!

Today has rather surprised me - saw a temperature reading about 30 mins ago in C London of 29C - the sun has been out all afternoon (which is far longer than any forecast predicted) and the humidity sky high - 26C was forecast with extensive cloud, so 29-30C is not really surprising!!

Tomorrow I think will easily hit 30C in the SE possibly even higher, while Saturday I think looks likely to be our hottest day of the year so far, with a 32C, perhaps 33C recorded somewhere. Seriously getting irritated by the lack of storms - we've endured weeks of dry, often warm/hot and humid weather, with no resulting storms. Don't get me wrong, I love the heat and humidity, but weeks of it with not even any rain is beginning to take its toll :blink:

Posted

Missing out yet again here for lead grey skies tommorow and im not hopeful on the cloud breaking up on Saturday to be honest, the 12z has pushed the rain tommorow night further south east.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Was a bit sceptical at the start of the week, but 32-33c is now looking a distinct possibility in London tomorrow or Saturday. Night time mins of only 20-21c are also possible.

Hot Hot Hot! (or should that be Very Warm, Very Warm, Very Warm) lol. acute.gif

Posted

Was a bit sceptical at the start of the week, but 32-33c is now looking a distinct possibility in London tomorrow or Saturday. Night time mins of only 20-21c are also possible.

Hot Hot Hot! (or should that be Very Warm, Very Warm, Very Warm) lol. acute.gif

Would be nice but I doubt it'll be quite that warm, may squeeze in a 31c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Would be nice but I doubt it'll be quite that warm, may squeeze in a 31c.

Not so sure rmc1987, with starting numbers (love that Dan Corbett quote :unknw:) being 18C, 19C possibly 20C, and almost uninterrupted sunshine across SE areas all day, I'd say 31-32C is quite easily achievable tomorrow, and depending on the humidity and how the fronts progress Saturday, similar or even higher numbers for Saturday. Often the BBC are conservative with temperature figures (as too the MetO and of course GFS) and also work across a broad area - if across the broad area 30C is likely, then locally and particularly in C London, higher is IMO likely.

Posted

Definate NW-SE split over the next few days temperature wise, with much of the NW likely to see maximum temps at least 10 degrees less than the SE.

Will be interesting to see how high temps can climb. It does look likely that much of SE England, London and East Anglia will see 30 degrees, with local hotspots such as Gravesend, Heathrow possibly getting to 32 degrees. Somewhere may just scrape a 33 degrees, which is a notably hot temperature.

Don't know when 32 degrees was last reached, July 2006?

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Definate NW-SE split over the next few days temperature wise, with much of the NW likely to see maximum temps at least 10 degrees less than the SE.

Will be interesting to see how high temps can climb. It does look likely that much of SE England, London and East Anglia will see 30 degrees, with local hotspots such as Gravesend, Heathrow possibly getting to 32 degrees. Somewhere may just scrape a 33 degrees, which is a notably hot temperature.

Don't know when 32 degrees was last reached, July 2006?

Was 32C not reached last year during the late June/ early July heatwave?

Posted

Hi,

Of course most of the talk on this thread has been about the South East where most of the heat is going to be but what sort of temperatures could I expect where I am (Liverpool). Would 25C or even 26C be possible for me on Saturday - if it is going to be 31-32C down south then surely a 25C should be possible up here in this warm and humid air mass? What sort of temps should I expect for tommorow (Friday) - could 24C be possible BBC are going for 22 up here but usually thier temperatures are a bit to conservative so on the face of it I would expect around 24C especially when the cloud breaks up in the afternoon.

Also as I mentioned on the model thread do you think we could see a warm, settled end to July even in northern areas I have noticed both the Met Office and BBC monthly outlooks seem to still be going for such an scenario and I would like to see it happen I would like to see at least one day pushing 30C even up here do you think it is possible?

Luke

Posted

I suspect locally in one of the usual warm spots 32C will be possible either tomorroe or Saturday, I think Saturday may have a slightly better chance simply because it'll be starting from a higher baseline but much depends on cloud cover in W.London...because if anywhere will get 32C in this airflow it'll be them...

With a SW airflow my location will probably do decently with regards to temps, the thames isn't really wide enough to really have an effect in SW airflows, its only from S/SE airflows we tend to be a good deal cooler then places further inland...so probably will get a 29-30C tomorrow out of this sort of set-up, and possibly Saturday as well depending on the location of the front...

So yeah a 32C is more then possible IMO...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Unfortunately if one location in southeast reached 32C, personally I don't see that as a special occurrence. The only way I would see it as a impressive occurrence is if the southeast hit 32C and much of the country enjoyed temperatures from 28-30C, unfortunately this wont be the case, neither will it be in the forseeable future

Posted

Unfortunately if one location in southeast reached 32C, personally I don't see that as a special occurrence. The only way I would see it as a impressive occurrence is if the southeast hit 32C and much of the country enjoyed temperatures from 28-30C, unfortunately this wont be the case, neither will it be in the forseeable future

Wasnt the 2nd February 2009 snow event restricted to the SE also. Does that not make it a special occurrence.

Posted

Hi,

Of course most of the talk on this thread has been about the South East where most of the heat is going to be but what sort of temperatures could I expect where I am (Liverpool). Would 25C or even 26C be possible for me on Saturday - if it is going to be 31-32C down south then surely a 25C should be possible up here in this warm and humid air mass? What sort of temps should I expect for tommorow (Friday) - could 24C be possible BBC are going for 22 up here but usually thier temperatures are a bit to conservative so on the face of it I would expect around 24C especially when the cloud breaks up in the afternoon.

If you draw a line from the Severn Estuary to Scarborough, to the east of there is where i see temperatures of at least 25c over the next 2 days. So i'd say you'd be too far west to share in the really warm stuff. Still i'd expect it to reach 22-23c whare you are which certainly isnt cool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Reading some posts and forecasts youd think anywhere outside the SE never existed. :)

While the highest temperatures will be in the SE, The Midlands will be enjoying very warm/hot temps over the next 2 days as well. Elsewhere from here i t will be cooler in particular but very pleasant especially in East Wales and the rest of England when you dont have the rain.

Thundery wise, nothing is set in stone yet and i wouldnt be surprised if things shifted East. It would be nice to see forecasts that considered elsewhere than just the SE it seems.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Reading all these threads youd think anywhere outside the SE never existed. :)

While the highest temperatures will be in the SE, The Midlands will be enjoying very warm/hot temps over the next 2 days as well. Elsewhere from here i t will be cooler in particular but very pleasant especially in East Wales and the rest of England when you dont have the rain.

Thundery wise, nothing is set in stone yet and i wouldnt be surprised if things shifted East. It would be nice to see forecasts that considered elsewhere than just the SE it seems.

I think the above post is an example of why Regional Threads need to be introduced!

People are always likely to focus on their own area and a lot of people on this forum live in the SE.

Sorry for the off topic post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think the above post is an example of why Regional Threads need to be introduced!

People are always likely to focus on their own area and a lot of people on this forum live in the SE.

Sorry for the off topic post.

I agree, while i understand many on here live in the SE it is tiresome looking through posts that have no interest to you with SE this SE that. :)