Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud formations

There is a thunderstorm over Lincoln at the present time.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Good...:)

Behind this angrey bit of clouds are some normal clouds trying to tower... :cray: :excl: THUNDER STORMS MAY OCCUR :excl:

Posted

Today we saw torriential rain for about 30mins with thunder so similer to wednesday.

Edit: Some great anvils to my Eastern skyline :)

Edited by TomWlx

Posted

That rain is nearing reading and still moveing N WW

Hi again guys!

Quick update on my panoramic photo - this new version will be FOR SALE, with profits going to the local RNLI station at Rye Harbour! I'm sure I don't need to explain why I chose the RNLI, given the nature of the picture and the hobby I share with friends biggrin.gif

This will be it, approximately 44"x11" each (yes, that's inches!) I will probably supply it to you rolled up in a cardboard tube, after that you're free to do whatever you want with it, be it framing, mounting on card, laminating, whatever it is!

(Obviously the final print will not have the watermark, it's a preventative measure against image theft)

4797191643_5a5afbd2f7_b.jpg

I'm working on the price, speaking to a few printers at the moment. I will update this as soon as possible!

Edited by Cyprino

Posted

Showers in the south west starting to get their act together now

Good, in around an hour there gunna hit me...

Hi again guys!

Quick update on my panoramic photo - this new version will be FOR SALE, with profits going to the local RNLI station at Rye Harbour! I'm sure I don't need to explain why I chose the RNLI, given the nature of the picture and the hobby I share with friends biggrin.gif

This will be it, approximately 44"x11" each (yes, that's inches!) I will probably supply it to you rolled up in a cardboard tube, after that you're free to do whatever you want with it, be it framing, mounting on card, laminating, whatever it is!

(Obviously the final print will not have the watermark, it's a preventative measure against image theft)

I'm working on the price, speaking to a few printers at the moment. I will update this as soon as possible!

:drinks:When it goes on sale, drop me a PM, I'm gunna have one :)

Posted

Cyprino, that picture is awesome.... I'll deffo be down for a copy, I caught a stop out in the bay in Camber Sands a couple of years ago... can't think of a better place. :)

What are the chances of anything convective rolling over my neck of the woods tonight.... (SurrSussKent Border)

Posted

Hi again guys!

Yep put my name down for a copy when you get things sorted, best photography I've seen of a UK storm. drop us a PM with cost ect when your done. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Hi again guys!

I love it too. I love the sinister look of the cloud and the different angles of the kites. It is just spectacular. So nice to see such fantastic structure this side of the pond with a wonderful coastal backdrop rather thean the drab plains of the Mid West.

I would also be interested in a copy, if I can persuade the wife.......

Muff

Posted

That rain is moveing over to the N EE, more electrical

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms

Hi folks,

First post :)

Just outside of Dunstable here, a fairly hefty cell overhead - dropping lots of heavy rain and thunder heard, but only 3-4 rumbles and no lightning witnessed.

Good to see there's still potential seemingly though!

Finally, Cyprino that photo is amazing... Will be looking at getting a print for sure :cray:

-Simon

Posted

Hi folks,

First post :)

Just outside of Dunstable here, a fairly hefty cell overhead - dropping lots of heavy rain and thunder heard, but only 3-4 rumbles and no lightning witnessed.

Good to see there's still potential seemingly though!

Finally, Cyprino that photo is amazing... Will be looking at getting a print for sure :)

-Simon

Roughly how much rain per minute is dropping?

It needs to go east...

that cell is dyeing :) :excl:doh.gif;) :excl: :cray:

Posted

WAIT, theres another one forming below

Posted

think its game over for me. The only thing i can see heading this way is in the bristol channel and wont get here til early morning!

Unless anything forms in front just north of reading, then i give in too.

Posted

look like they are coming straight for us, would be nice to hear some more thunder :rolleyes:

Rob Macellwe BBC24..just said warnings might be required later on for the showers feeding up through the night,so might get interesting...who knows.. :rolleyes:

also potent showers for the N/E tomorrow

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Rob Macellwe BBC24..just said warnings might be required later on for the showers feeding up through the night

also potent showers for the N/E tomorrow

Rob who? :rolleyes: fingers crossed for tomorrow :rolleyes:

Posted

Rob who? :rolleyes: fingers crossed for tomorrow :bad:

lol...his crazy name Mcwelle.. :rolleyes:

netweather image courtesy of Netweather subscription

post-3696-027012300 1279315340_thumb.png

Edited by Pat Carter