IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

f3.jpg

Andy's-house in about 3 minutes... :lol:

LOL :D

Well.. That was quite possibly the worst no show ever.

It rained heavy for about 10 minutes and then stopped. No thunder or anything and now the sun is out :clap:

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Jane, do you have NW Extra radar. Very interesting to see how the cells have developed/died/redeveloped through the pm.

Certainly could help you see what may happen later. The one which gave TMuk, Somerset Squall and Goatherd the thunder

has almost completely died in the hour to get this far.

So narrow is the initial line that as it crossed here with a short shower I could see clear sky to the East and the

clearance to the West lol.

The sun is just coming out again from the anvil cloud which has slight mammatus beneath it, however there are clear towers

shooting up to the West and the radar shows more cells developing over the Somerset area.

Hi Andy,:lol:

Yes I have the NW radar up on the tele lol. It was so close on the radar :clap: I'm hoping for one later as the sky looks amazing right now :D

Posted

I enjoyed the cov/nuneaton/bedworth/hinckley->leicester/loughborough cell. It went quickly and it was not quite as intense for me as Id expected via the radar, but I think the very heart of it was just very slightly to my south & east as it went by. Only heard two long thunder roars as it passed overhead. Couldnt see its shape as by the time I saw it approaching it was just a menacing grey sky. I have recorded some of it leaving and will have a look later to see if there any any interesting shapes to be seen.

Im now waiting to see if I get hit with the band that is slightly futher north-west, its changing shape quite a bit as it passes Birmingham so Im not sure what I will get yet.

That cell was about as exciting as catching a cold when it hit Leicester :clap:

Posted

Lol here i go no storms club is about to get a new member :clap:

Make that 2 cray.gif I never thought i'd have to make this difficult decision, but i think its for the best...

Posted

i think the lower band of rain will pass north of me, and it looks to me like everything in england is dying down? Is it over before it even began?

Posted

Make that 2 cray.gif I never thought i'd have to make this difficult decision, but i think its for the best...

Im going to go out tonight and have a few beers, treat it like a wake. :clap:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Second band pepping up as nears Coventry

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

That cell was about as exciting as catching a cold when it hit Leicester :clap:

Yeah it wasnt that exciting here, did help refill the water butt though, and it seems I was rather lucky to heard 2 instances of thunder, though I didnt actually see any lightning so Im not sure where the action was. There isnt a lot showing up on any of the online lightning strike things today.

I still enjoyed it though, consider myself lucky to get something today before the action moved too far east, I see it has gone up and met the 2nd band that was fading out, and in general the shape of things is evolving quite rapidly at the mo.

Posted

Im going to go out tonight and have a few beers, treat it like a wake. :rofl:

:lol:

me too! no storms happened here for what seems like forever :D:clap:

:D :lol:

Posted

Which will be another rain fest here with no thunder :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Once again a menacing cloud about to dump some more over Coventry but nothing exciting.. I'm sure it will turn electrical soon as it leaves here just as the other cell did

Posted

i think the lower band of rain will pass north of me, and it looks to me like everything in england is dying down? Is it over before it even began?

Mate it was over for Cambridge from the start, Cambridge was never expected to see anything thundery today, I don't think it was even expected to see rain!

Posted

:unsure: okay.... so can someone tell me if there are heavy shwrs coming up from france/channel to affect the s/e tonight? :acute:

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

No storms up here on the NE coast but there has been some dramatic cloud structures a brilliant day for practising nephelococcygia..!!

post-5386-044779800 1279296730_thumb.jpg post-5386-033580500 1279296791_thumb.jpg post-5386-068109000 1279296876_thumb.jpg post-5386-047402200 1279296890_thumb.jpg

Posted

Mate it was over for Cambridge from the start, Cambridge was never expected to see anything thundery today, I don't think it was even expected to see rain!

im actually about 20 miles NW of cambridge, and can now actually see quite a menacing cloud coming....

Posted

Im now in the 2nd band as it passes Nuneaton and rain here with another loud rumble of thunder 1 minute ago.

Edited by SteveElbows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I couldn't really hear any thunder either from the Coventry shower, unfortunetly, although the rain was falling so heavily, that it almost looked like wet hail was falling within the tear drops for a time. :unsure:

Posted

And a 2nd loud rumble somewhere near Nuneaton, thats 2 from each band so far, maybe more that I didnt hear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

im actually about 20 miles NW of cambridge, and can now actually see quite a menacing cloud coming....

I was just out in the back garden, looking at the approaching dark clouds to the west...

Posted

Ahh, in that case you might see some rain then, not sure about thunder though, seems too weak at the moment.

Posted

Im now in the 2nd band as it passes Nuneaton and rain here with another loud rumble of thunder 1 minute ago.

Nuneaton has done as well as anywhere then! Relatives in Aldermans Green, north Coventry heard thunder from the earlier one. Cells from the very slowly east edging line still crossing NW Cov towards you.

Posted

No storms up here on the NE coast but there has been some dramatic cloud structures a brilliant day for practising nephelococcygia..!!

post-5386-044779800 1279296730_thumb.jpg post-5386-033580500 1279296791_thumb.jpg post-5386-068109000 1279296876_thumb.jpg post-5386-047402200 1279296890_thumb.jpg

Nice cloud scapes there mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Very cool. :unsure:

Agree with remymartin - Some really cool cloud structures you have photographed their. Picture two and three kinda remind me of a miniture hurricane, with a clear small area of blue sky in the middle.

Edited by Rainbow Snow