Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm General Discussion Thread

J10

Posted

where in wiltshire r yu? ild say its been heavy here in devizes for d last 2 hours, witch is good... the crammer really needs d warter lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Rainfall intensity has eased during the last 10 minutes. Latest MetO radar images certainly look very colourful!!

Edited by Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I think the Midlands is bearing the brunt of the heaviest rain. Looks like another 4 hours+ of this, it's been raining heavy here for the past 2 hours now, I can hazard a guess of around 6mm fallen so far, looks like another 15-20mm to come before it's over. I can see why flood warnings were put out now!

Edit: Ok, I think 6mm was a bit wrong haha, just had a look at the accumulation on the Net Weather radar for the past few hours here and 10-12mm has fell! I think there will be accumulations of 30-40mm from this system in some parts of the Midlands by the time it passes in the morning. Amazing totals!

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

had 3hrs very heavy rain no break ,eased off now.

Nw (frontpage)showing lightning,where is this hitting?

could break out storms towards morning..

EDIT..torrential rain now, 10min break!

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

Woken up by gusting wind and the rain lashing against the windows. River outside is very choppy.

If the wind is only getting started then I suspect we're in for funny and games on the morning journey into London.

Guest Quantumsnow

Morning all

Got woken up by the wind & rain, albeit the wind has not got up too much as of yet but seems to be increasing slowly.

Started raining here at around 18:30 last night but was only mod to heavy from about 20:00 onwards but it has been relentless since then so very glad I've got the week oFf and don't have to drive to work in the am!

Seeing as somehow I'm still in the no storms club, it looks like the most excitement I'm going to get..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

any lightning detected?

winds getting up here with the continues heavy rains.

must be flooding i would think.

worst winds a developing, a concern, and if a thunderstorm develops then damaging winds likely. Very gusty, some intense radar returns heading up from sussex, is that the triple point?

Posted

Clearly it's well passed down here, with plenty of blue sky around, not quite as expected, rainfall mid twenties and wind not breaching 20mph just here.

Glad for the useful rainfall however

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looking across all the charts this morning it looks like there is the chance of storms across N England this afternoon, with especially Lincolnshire and the Humber coming into the firing line. If things still look good on the 06z i may consider a trip towards that area.

Quite surprised to not see any sferics in the south-eastern quarter this morning as the factors look in place to support embedded convection within the rain.

Posted

Its raining quite heavy here at the moment did u catch that storm yesterday?

Yeah we got that. Think the west side of Bristol had the most as it weakened as it left the Bristol Channel I happenend to be in Portishead when it came over so maybe in the best area? The rain after I posted did keep up at a more moderate rate than I expected. Still I doubt most of Bristol managed and inch of rain.

Edited by Tim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Morning all ,is this still the convective thread?:whistling:

Anyhow, Estofex , Netweather and UKASF have a good forecast out for us storm lovers today!:)

Fingers crossed and good luck :D

Posted

Morning all ,is this still the convective thread? :whistling:

Yes, yes it is Jane Louise!!!!

Anyhow, Estofex , Netweather and UKASF have a good forecast out for us storm lovers today!:D

Oww let me have a look see!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Not as intense as predicted in the end, with no areas seeing above 50mm, and 20-30mm or so being the tops generally for south-east Wales, the Midlands and south, but significant areas within these not even managing this.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Not sure if my rain gauge is working properly as I only recorded 6.7mm last night, anyone near by get low readings?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

18mm here- expected more to be honest.

Posted

Well if I can just steer us back to thunderstorms but add: 61.8mm in the last 24 hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

I hate haveing a old- style of rain gaulge MANUAL

EDIT: 47 mm recorded here. and a crisp temp of 14.6'C

Edited by Vortex_Liam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Sorry I haven't got a gauge but i don't think it rained heavy here. Wind is up a bit but nothing drastic, overcast. Prefer a good storm if not sunshine to enjoy too.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

It rained last night but it wasn't really that bad , i sometimes wonder about these severe weather warnings..... Some areas had a lot but what can you do about it :whistling:

Severe Warnings = Damage to property / Loss of life

Weather is not an exact science Neil, weather warnings are issued to cover a risk of severe weather occuring - not that it will happen in a particular spot. Some areas where it rained, in your words, 'wasn't really bad' could well have had very heavy rain with flooding but warnings aren't specific for one backyard either but a general area for the risk.