Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Just had a hell of a shower here. I couldn't hear the TV over the sound of the rain!

Don't think I'll see a storm today, but there are some lovely cloud formations around this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Another small shower passing over there has been loads so far, the shower that produce the couple rumbles of thunder looked amazing ont he back edge of it

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Heavy Showers now :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Had a couple of rumbles of thunder about and hour ago from a surface based shower that developed to our South west, my friend phone me up to say and went outside and heard 2 rumbles and then cleared off :D

Been a great year for thunder here so far :D

For some, ahem!!!!

Another small shower passing over there has been loads so far, the shower that produce the couple rumbles of thunder looked amazing ont he back edge of it

Looks rather uninspiring on radar - certainly doesn't look impressive enough to have produced thunder :cc_confused:

Jets? I'm not disbelieving you btw - just wondering what use radar watching will prove with weak echoes generating lightning.

Posted

For some, ahem!!!!

Looks rather uninspiring on radar - certainly doesn't look impressive enough to have produced thunder :cc_confused:

Jets? I'm not disbelieving you btw - just wondering what use radar watching will prove with weak echoes generating lightning.

It was about an hour and a half a go it was small but a potent little shower that had passed through, Im using raintoday as my net weather radar ran out :(

I meant the back edge of cloud looks really good :)

My bad it was about an hour ago even, when you go on raintoday or net weather go to about 10:00 - 10:15 hours and it shows up along the south of the IOW :D

Posted

It was about an hour and a half a go it was small but a potent little shower that had passed through, Im using raintoday as my net weather radar ran out :(

I meant the back edge of cloud looks really good :)

My bad it was about an hour ago even, when you go on raintoday or net weather go to about 10:00 - 10:15 hours and it shows up along the south of the IOW :D

Awesome...very encouraging that intense showers are brewing this far South...Estofex has pretty much the entire UK under a 15% risk zone, with N and W areas under the 50% zone.

Best of luck then for more of the same :D

Posted

Had 1 or 2 fairly heavy showers here too already and as we are more or less in the centre of the low the downpours are lasting quite a while.

Whereas in the Southern portion they are moving very quickly! Lovely radar viewing with all the showers developing now, very obvious

to see where the LOW centre is!

It is possible that even on the 5 minute radar updates the heaviest bursts may be missed. With these pulse type showers/storms the rain rates

increase and decrease very rapidly.

Posted

Awesome...very encouraging that intense showers are brewing this far South...Estofex has pretty much the entire UK under a 15% risk zone, with N and W areas under the 50% zone.

Best of luck then for more of the same :D

It does look encouraging indeed, I got a feeling there will be quite a few of theses small heavy showers later as well :D

Cheers mate and good luck to you as well :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I think it would be fairly uninspiring on the radar if this was 2pm, but it's only 11:20am, so still plenty of time for those showers to flare up into something more significant. According to GFS outputs, southern Scotland, northern England and East Anglia are the most likely hotspots.

Posted

I think it would be fairly uninspiring on the radar if this was 2pm, but it's only 11:20am, so still plenty of time for those showers to flare up into something more significant. According to GFS outputs, southern Scotland, northern England and East Anglia are the most likely hotspots.

I like this forecast!!! Bring on the convective weather in the East!!!

Posted

A number of sferics appear over SW Midlands and western CS England...initiating a fair bit further south so far than was expected.

EA?

Guest Quantumsnow

Had a couple of rumbles of thunder about and hour ago from a surface based shower that developed to our South west, my friend phone me up to say and went outside and heard 2 rumbles and then cleared off :D

Been a great year for thunder here so far :D

I'm not at all bitter :lol:

Just another convection-free day here :bad:

Posted

Skies looking interesting here.........just a pity it doesn't look half as interesting on NW Extra radar for us

Posted

Looking at the radar things could get interesting around here in the next few hours.Just cloudy at presant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A number of sferics appear over SW Midlands and western CS England...initiating a fair bit further south so far than was expected.

EA?

Yes, GFS shows a "pool" of relatively high CAPE and shower activity over East Anglia at 18Z today- that's not saying it will necessarily be right though!

Posted

Hail, heavy rain and a couple of flashes and bangs in Trafford Park, Manchester now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Yes at last thunder and lightning

Posted

Huge cracks of thunder and hail here In darton, Barnsley..... 7th storm of the year :rolleyes:

Posted

Well, no thunder over here today (at least not that I've heard) -- but we did just get several seconds of pea-sized hail. Surely that counts for something. :p

Posted

Monumental stormcloud development heading my way, Post pic in a min :unsure: