Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

Update:

Tomorrow is now looking better for a storm in storm starved Gloucestershire. :D

We have a risk of strong convection from 12pm to about 9pm. It could be an exciting storm day Yay.:whistling:

Well im wishing for a night time storm to appreciate the lightning lol! Note.. i did say wish :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Quite a promising view of tomorrow here: http://www.ukweather...=632198#M632198

Nice to see here in the stronger convection box. Doesnt mean anything is more certain though really. But still... :D

Lol, this is where my update came from. Somebody's sure to get one somewhere. It will hopefully be my turn too.:good:

Well im wishing for a night time storm to appreciate the lightning lol! Note.. i did say wish :D

As the saying goes..... be careful what you wish for lol but I'll join you in wishing for a good night time storm ( or even just a rumble of thunder will do me for now ) lol.:) I need to record a storm on my new camera.I bought it especially for storm recording too lol

Posted

Been keeping a record of thunderstorms since the start of the year,At the moment the close but no storm page has a few entries and the storm page is blank,HOPEFULLY that will change tomorrow,and a few of us will also be leaving thr No Storms Club.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Been keeping a record of thunderstorms since the start of the year,At the moment the close but no storm page has a few entries and the storm page is blank,HOPEFULLY that will change tomorrow,and a few of us will also be leaving thr No Storms Club.

Lets hope ALL of us leave the club tomorrow. Then its :drinks: all round

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted

It will be with great pleasure that I, Jane Louise will get to leave the dreaded 'No Storms Club' at some point tomorrow!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

It will be with great pleasure that I, Jane Louise will get to leave the dreaded 'No Storms Club' at some point tomorrow!:D

rolleyes.gifph34r.gifrofl.gifbad.gifmega_shok.gif Dont say that!

:lol:

Posted

rolleyes.gifph34r.gifrofl.gifbad.gifmega_shok.gif Dont say that!

:lol:

:oops: have I jinxed it all for us again.:whistling::p

Good luck Jane hope you get something! Good luck all.

Thank you Raidan :)

Good Luck to you and everybody else too.

Now I'm waiting for Coast, Nick F and Brickfielders excellent updates and not forgetting Estofex too .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Northern Ireland looks like the place to be tomorrow with CAPE around 700 and a lift index of -2.

Some of Ireland getting in on the act too.

Midlands has a slight chance also.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

Just seen BBC weather not looking good for storms here tomorrow

Posted

The Met Office having none of it here in the East Midlands, and the GFS is showing a very low storm risk here. However, the Met Office mention thundery showers for the West Midlands, Yorkshire and the North West (all regions my location is close to), as well as the Peak District, meaning all hope for Derbyshire is not lost. We'll just have to wait and see.

Posted

Just seen BBC weather not looking good for storms here tomorrow

Or maybe for some time? Further South looks quiet. Scotland and Northern England have better chances which although not great, currently peek tomorrow night and Friday night. But frankly even that looks weak :doh:

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

MU_Aberdeen_avn.png

Posted

Storm Forecast Issued: 2011-06-06 22:42:00

Valid: 2011-06-07 00:00:00 - 2011-06-07 23:59:00

Regions Affected

N England, S Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland & SW Wales

Synopsis

Low pressure "Balthasar" (FU Berlin) will migrate eastwards across Ireland during Tuesday. Lowering geopotential heights combined with very cold mid levels will overspread much of the country, steeping lapse rates.

Up to 600 J/kg CAPE to develop, with widespread showers and local thunderstorms over much of the country, away from the far south and east, with ELT's as low as -30°C.

Deep layer shear of 40knots combined with low LCL's (~400m) may allow a funnel or weak tornado to develop, although meagre low-level shear may inhibit this threat somewhat. Hail is likely in many of the showers, locally moderate in size over Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland in particular, and there is potential for an isolated large hail event over Ireland/Northern Ireland.

Showers will slowly decrease in coverage during the evening, becoming mainly confined to coastal parts by the end of the forecast period.

http://www.ukasf.co....orecast/id-369/

post-449-0-72719600-1307429805_thumb.png

Edited by Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Bizarrely on the radio this morning, they said it will be a "day of thunder" particularly so in the "south and east"...didn't think it sounded right lol

Fairly decent potential for some today...cameras at the ready :D

Posted

Bizarrely on the radio this morning, they said it will be a "day of thunder" particularly so in the "south and east"...didn't think it sounded right lol

Fairly decent potential for some today...cameras at the ready :D

I am not getting my hopes up in the East. No forecast mentions any sign of thundery weather :wallbash:

Sure we will get some really nice convection going on though this afternoon to tease us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

My guess would be for a greater likelihood tomorrow afternoon, as the area of lower pressure comes eastward...But I won't be counting my chickens...

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Good morning. Have issued a storm forecast for today here: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Have given a SLIGHT risk for severe across N England and southern to central belt of Scotland this afternoon ... a strong SW'erly jet looks to develop across this area this afternoon ahead of upper trough in the west which will help organise storms and dry mid-level intrusion will further enhance instability - so watch out for some big hail and strong wind gusts in this areas. Also ... Ireland, especially southern half looks good for a possible brief tornado with some decent CAPE combined with strong low-level shear indicated.

Posted

Looking very dark outside at the moment