Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

Once again when storms are forecast I get nothing not even any rain lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Hi all, had a thunderstorm pass over Shotton, some great lightning and thunder. It has now gone out to sea not without producing the odd boom of thunder and some good rainbows.

Posted

I've been hooked up to a fetal monitor all morning/afternoon in hospital, did I miss anything in the West Midlands?

Posted

A few hundred miles from the continent ?? Down here on the South Coast I can see the French coast on a clear day, a distance of about 35 miles. The distance to the continent from Dover is even less, approximately 25 miles. Not sure where you get the 'few hundred miles' from, unless you mean from Scotland to the continent.

Yeah sorry lol..i did mean here (Glasgow) to the continent and not the 30 odd miles from Dover-Calais.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I've been hooked up to a fetal monitor all morning/afternoon in hospital, did I miss anything in the West Midlands?

No Thundery weather in the West Midlands although I thought I heard one rumble in a very torrential shower that developed around Stourport-On-Severn and then dumped alot of rain in a short space of time through Kidderminster, Stourbridge, Brierley Hill, Oldbury and West Bromwich but didnt really affect Wolverhampton. It was very intense with Hail in places but that was the only main shower really but a good one it was!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I'm so glad some of you got a storm today :) and so sorry for those who didn't (myself included) :(

Without trying to jinx it, there's still a chance yet for us stormless ones to get a storm within the next couple of days.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Amazing how that storm I had earlier has shrunk dramatically to a small blip

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Had a few rumbles from a passing storm over Liverpool at 1600 yesterday. I'm quite pleased with that. Looks good for this afternoon (Wednesday) as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Had a few rumbles from a passing storm over Liverpool at 1600 yesterday. I'm quite pleased with that. Looks good for this afternoon (Wednesday) as well.

it does look good for storms in Northern an Western areas-these areas at high risk, not saying other parts wont see any interesting clouds and maybe downpours.maybe thundery... Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Was a small storm here at around 4 - 5 pm yesterday, was a lot of water and pea to marble sized hail in it. Produced some very loud thunder and brilliant blue / white lightning. Convective potential for today is looking good too so lets see..

Posted

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. The low over N. Ireland at 00z will drift slowly east bring some hefty, thundery in places, to most parts in the west. We have already had a few down here with some quite impressive convection.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Just some heavy showers passing to my west at the moment, seem to be right on the edge of them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

We have had a few heavy showers yesterday and thismorning, not sure if we will see much more and doubt I will see anything thundery, but I can always hope :)

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

We had a torrential downpour around 5.30-5.45am it woke me up and I looked outside and the ground was covered with hail stones.

Posted

Really nice towering nimbus clouds covering the sky today. Hoping for some decent convection later on

Posted

Just been out for a walk in to town, that sun is very strong and is producing strong convection already.

There has already been a couple of showers this morning, if things continue to develop as they are then there could be some quite nasty storms around this region later in the day.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Have issued a storm forecast for today, similar areas as yesterday seeing a risk of storms: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=20cf5f79ec419a33c7febc3f39766297

With weak vertical shear in the N and W and a cool airmass, don't think there'll be any organised severe weather, though storms maybe slow moving across N Ireland and SW and W Scotland this afternoon so risk of localised flooding.

Not expecting any storm here in the SE of England today, so enjoy those in the the N and W. Potential here on Friday, though won't hold my breath.

Posted

Looks as if it's going to be very similar day to yesterday for my region wrt any storm activity. So, I'm expecting the odd shower or two but very little else.

Best of luck to the rest of you storm lovers :D

Posted

My partner is not happy lol when she left this morning it was warm and sunny so wore a summer dress,On the way home she was caught out by a heavy downpour and got soaked lol,Hopeing today produces a storm or 2 for me and others who have not one yet,Good luck all.

Posted

Had 1 or 2 fairly heavy showers here too already and as we are more or less in the centre of the low the downpours are lasting quite a while. Going to be a pretty wet day me thinks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Beautiful anvil here lit up by the sun after a short sharp shower. I don't think I'll get a storm today, I would say it's more promising for those up North.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Had a couple of rumbles of thunder about and hour ago from a surface based shower that developed to our South west, my friend phone me up to say and went outside and heard 2 rumbles and then cleared off :D

Been a great year for thunder here so far :D