Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

I know it's still early so not giving up just yet but there seems to be more negative than positive thoughts around today,Maybe i wont be leaving the No Storms Club today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I am stil going to remain positive.:) The potential is there for quite a few of us today but a more of a widespread risk tomorrow. We have had on and off showers here all morning and I'm now hoping for some solar heating to hopefully spark off something lol. My camera is ready and my netweather extra radar is on my TV screen lol.

Thank you Nick for your forecast.:)

Posted

I am stil going to remain positive.:) The potential is there for quite a few of us today but a more of a widespread risk tomorrow. We have had on and off showers here all morning and I'm now hoping for some solar heating to hopefully spark off something lol. My camera is ready and my netweather extra radar is on my TV screen lol.

Thank you Nick for your forecast.:)

Good luck JL, I'll keep everything crossed for you. :D Except for a few showers, I'm not expecting anything for my region today as I believe main action will be farther North. You never know, though, so I'm not throwing the towel in just yet.

Posted

Good luck JL, I'll keep everything crossed for you. :D Except for a few showers, I'm not expecting anything for my region today as I believe main action will be farther North. You never know, though, so I'm not throwing the towel in just yet.

Thank you Brian.:) The sun is peeking through every now and then and the grey cloud is starting to clear slowly.

I think you probably have more of a chance than me today . I hope you do see something and if you do can you pleeeasee nudge it down my way lol.:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Good luck Jane :) you deserve a storm more than anyone.

Also Good luck to all the others as well this week and later on today. We have a shower passing through here at the moment but only light.

Posted

Good luck Jane :) you deserve a storm more than anyone.

Also Good luck to all the others as well this week and later on today. We have a shower passing through here at the moment but only light.

Thanks Sk.... i'm thinking if it isen't today then maybe it'll be tomorrow :winky:

If not then, maybe some time before the end of the year is out.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Thanks Sk.... i'm thinking if it isen't today then maybe it'll be tomorrow :winky:

If not then, maybe some time before the end of the year is out.:D

That is true, you will get a storm soon i know it :D, fingers crossed eh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Quite humid here this morning and very, very dull.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The charts dont look quite so keen for Storm potential for areas south of about Manchester now. I expect mostly just showers for Wales, West Midlands and South West. Thunder not totally out of the question though but quite a low risk imo.

Posted

Wondering why there are lots of repeats of posts. Testing mine now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

looking forward to some thunder this afternoon, more so now after someone told me that we had a storm last wednesday morning. Surely that was impossible though as we were under high pressure then? Someone tell me that wasn't true? I missed it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sorry Jane when ever I refresh the page on my phone it resubmits my posts.

Posted

Sorry Jane when ever I refresh the page on my phone it resubmits my posts.

That's ok Chris lol I know phones can be difficult sometimes.I'm still trying to work out my own.:lol:

Posted

Popped up to Carn Brea this morning, mainly because with good vis being so high up you can hopefully get some good photos. There was quite a bit of convection around with some big Cus and the odd Cb. Naturally I got soaked. The convection is now disappearing. Haven't sorted the photos yet but just a couple.

Posted

Stu, blimey! It's only not quite 2pm!

Plenty of time and certainly the time of year to get convection happening right through into the evening!

Showers seem to very pulse type and disorganised though, 3rd shower of the day ongoing here and all have been heavy.

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted

Could this be a bust :(

:rofl: Sorry Stu, that sounded just like a line from Airplane or The Naked Gun!

article-1291026120273-0C464378000005DC-105328_560x376.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thought i just heard Thunder? Torrential cell just to my SW.

EDIT: Torrential rain now. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Stu, blimey! It's only not quite 2pm!

Plenty of time and certainly the time of year to get convection happening right through into the evening!

Showers seem to very pulse type and disorganised though, 3rd shower of the day ongoing here and all have been heavy.

Running the radar timelapse they most certainly do seem like they are of a pulsing type. A lovely skyscape around Newbury at the mo, but certainly not expecting any thunder here. The areas closer to the centre of the low pressure (yes Stuart this includes you ;) ) look to have a better chance albeit quite shortlived.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Thought i just heard Thunder? Torrential cell just to my SW.

If you did send it my way. Heavy pulses of rain but nice and warm with lots of sunshine inbetween. I reckon about 5 onwards should get interesting well i hope..

Edited by paul m

Posted

Good luck to all of you today!!! Even though we are not forecast thundery weather at all I will never rule out the chance of one sparking off! :nonono: Some nice convection beginning to take place but the low pressure is too far West for us

Posted

Heaviest rain ive seen for a long time here. Probably the heaviest since 2009!

Posted

Couple of images of an approaching shower, just rain though. A ;little blurry, as I got the camera wet whilst on holiday and has'nt been right since

SDC11594.jpg

SDC11593.jpg

SDC11592.jpg

SDC11591.jpg

SDC11590.jpg

Not used photobucket for some time and can only post links to photos, not sure how to get then on the forum page??

Edited by Coast
Sorted! (insert image, in tool bar)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

richep where were the aircraft shots taken in your photostream as they are superb

Edited by paul m