Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 6

Coast

Posted

Lightning getting pretty frequent to the South now, at least twice a minute.

On a side note, its about time certain forum members grew up, I hardly remember that kind of behavior when I joined here, but now its rife.

Edited by Noctilucid

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

I will keep complaining deal with it

Quite happy dealing with it (3 storms so far)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

More hits reported:

Lightning has struck a row of 6 terraced houses in a suburb of St Albans, setting 3 of the roofs on fire with damage to the other 3: http://www.hertsad.c..._homes_1_944842

A bit close to home eh Saint

Posted

trouble is with todays storms is this sodding low cloud going in total opposite direction.. unless theres a clearing u cant tell when or where the action is unless you can see the lightning..

NW Radar. Only costs about 1 Month £3.49 -- 12 Months £23.95 and gives you the locality of any storm/cell to within a postcode radius. Updates every 5 minutes aswell as including precip type (rain, snow, or hail) so even in the winter months you can see when/where its going to snow to the hour. Aswell as how much precip has fallen.

Posted

I will keep complaining deal with it

Thats easy - You will be on my Ignore List

There - Dealt with

Posted

I am so envious of you guys in the East, I didn't see diddly squit in the past 2 days around Bristol or travelling down to Cornwall apart from dark grey cloud....sucks! Ah well maybe some other time :p

I second this something chronic. It's been 5 years since my last decent storm in Swindon. I'm really very happy for all you lot in the east , but at the same time, green with envy! haha. Time to move to kent I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

These reports of lightning striking houses, flats etc... and setting fire to them is exactly why i'm not the biggest fan of storms. I do like to see one but when there is a storm here I always worry about it causing structural damage. People may say... Well that's the risk you take with them but if one struck your house and triggered a fire it would be a serious situation.

Posted

I live just east of Progress Road :lol: :rofl: Did not even jolt the camera, what a pro eh :rofl::rofl:

:lol: my guess a bit out then :doh: was nice to see tho :D

cheers,

Steve.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

DAMN YOU STORM SHIELD, DAMN YOU :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

well put although I suspect that kind of positive comment will get ignored by those who feel unjustly aggrieved at not having just what they want when they want it.

Forecasting-the clue is in the word-get it some of you-forecasting?

sometimes its correct sometimes not, be it a storm prediction for 24 hours even 3 hours ahead or an attempt to get the next season correct!

below is a link to just one definition of the word in terms of weather forecasting

http://www.merriam-w...ionary/forecast

The point i am trying to get across is that the forecast has been wrong on many occasions. I am entitled to have a moan about it when it has been hyped up so much.

Posted

Your wish has been granted methinks. It was lovely and cool after our rumbles but now I've got loudly-twittering birds, blazing sunshine, temp is 22.2c (and climbing), wind "chill" = 25.5c and humidity is 70%. Are we in for another hard-to-sleep-coz-it's-sticky sleep?

:huh:

How come you got blazing sun! I've been in cloud all day and still am :( Boooooo. Lol. Shouldn't be too bad temps will drop quicker tonight me thinks.

Posted

A bit close to home eh Saint

Certainly is! Only about 3 miles away!

Trains are also delayed and cancelled through St Albans due to lightning striking the lines.

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

OT, sorry mods, but does anyone know where the "Ignore User" function has gone?

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=ignoredusers

Personally it's pointless ignoring members in situations such as this, because usually it won't be the same one's moaning in a weeks time :blink:

Paul is used to my moaning, hence the username :rofl: :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Thanks Ed

I have read various forums today and there is a lot of animosity aimed at forecasters. I even screwed up yesterday, I had the choice of Monday or Tuesday with the BBC, From the models it looked like Monday was ripe, ALL Models showed the Cold Front pushed through with subsidence and not a lot else going on for Tuesday, I screwed up and I accept that because I followed the Models.

Cant wait for the programme to come out becuase knowing editors they will make me out to be a prize Tutk no doubt and edit it accordingly :nonono:

Who wouldn't have screwed up yesterday? The only storm to break out where there was no no cirrus shield and the cap was weaker was near Newcastle. Most people on the forum screwed up. Everyone gave warnings about he strength of the cap!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'm surprised your nose tickling affected your dog

He was in the room beside me. Gave me a look which said, "I TOLD you so — I KNEW boom booms* are very nasty dangerous things." LOL.

*What we call thunderstorms for the dog's benefit. If we mention it he goes into abject terror mode.

Posted

Not a bad afternoon here! Came out of work at 2pm to a looming blackness in the Channel with rumbles. Home at half two just as it started raining then had one huge, overhead bang before it rumbled off to the NE. Now sunnyspells again, back up to 22c and feeling disgustingly humid - it's all good :)

Posted

The point i am trying to get across is that the forecast has been wrong on many occasions. I am entitled to have a moan about it when it has been hyped up so much.

Try having a little groan about and then move on there will be more opportunities this summer, we all know forecasting is not an exact science and sometimes thats half the fun of it!

This is a nice forum where everyone gets along, if that wasn't the case a lot of us would not be here as often as we are.

Edited by ickledoozer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Certainly is! Only about 3 miles away!

Trains are also delayed and cancelled through St Albans due to lightning striking the lines.

Scary stuff.....but then thats the train networks for ya :crazy:

Posted

think thats it for me.. besides this one rumbling away just south of me (wishing i was there) nothing else coming up behind it...

Well after yesterdays bust.. and waking up this morning expecting only a few light showers (according to bbc.. bad on you) That was a very wicked surprise.. and may it happen again :drinks:

So.. whens the next one some people are gonna cockup on?? cant wait :diablo: