Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective weather - 2nd-3rd November 2011

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The skew-t hasn't brought very much in the way of SEVERE weather so far from what I can see though.

Is it really necessary to labour the point so perpetually and vehemently

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Torrential rain at the moment. Very mild out there, almost balmy for early November.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Just looked back on the posts in this thread so far.

Guys, seriously, I am only giving my opinion. I am not being horrible or anything.

Posted

The skew-t hasn't brought very much in the way of SEVERE weather so far from what I can see though.

It is for somewhere 200 miles from you though eh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Crikey, just drove through some seriously heavy rain on the way home.

Posted

Guys, seriously, I am only giving my opinion. I am not being horrible or anything.

No-one thinks you are being horrible, the odd moaning post is OK (even I have the odd moan) but it seems to be the same point your labouring, post after post. Just be patient :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

It is for somewhere 200 miles from you though eh?

Don't know, all I can see is a nose of orangey red with a number one in the middle all the way from France and stretching right across most of the United Kingdom.

But that's my point, where do I start?

EDIT: And I have read the forecast as well.

Edited by wimblettben

Posted

I guess constructive criticism is needed here, not just slagging various forecasters off.

Putting into perspective every outlet has issued a severe level of some sort, whether it be Nick here, ESTOFEX, UKASF, TORRO or SkyWarn they all say severe weather is possible, and there is some significant tornadic damage reported in Redditch earlier. In my book that satisfies the warnings that were issued? But if a more IMBY view is taken, then I can see your point.

Also have to consider what do you expect from severe weather? Because severe in the UK differs to that of more continental climes...

Posted

Was an ok day! No thunder but some intense downpours and a different condition in the sky every 20 mins. Ive seen it all today from cloudless blue skies to ominous pitch black walls of goodness, chewing a pack of batteries in the process lol To cherry up the day, as the rear of this monster of a storm passed just to my East, it let me have some Mammatus Cloud - My first time seeing it ^^ (pic)

So tomorrow the girlfriend and I are getting up at silly O'Clock and heading East with some mobile Internet and a fresh pack of batteries. Is it too soon to talk targets?

Cheers,

Ray

post-15403-0-76781700-1320341550_thumb.j

Posted
Allready seen this!

I meant where do I start as to basically mean that I havn't a clue really what I can expect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Was an ok day! No thunder but some intense downpours and a different condition in the sky every 20 mins. Ive seen it all today from cloudless blue skies to ominous pitch black walls of goodness, chewing a pack of batteries in the process lol To cherry up the day, as the rear of this monster of a storm passed just to my East, it let me have some Mammatus Cloud - My first time seeing it ^^ (pic)

So tomorrow the girlfriend and I are getting up at silly O'Clock and heading East with some mobile Internet and a fresh pack of batteries. Is it too soon to talk targets?

Cheers,

Ray

Oooh Mama!

When did you snap that?

Posted

Torrential rain and thunder. Bolt of lightening right in my garden! Love being in NE England- fantastic stuff.

I'm not saying a word :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Posted · Hidden by A.J, November 3, 2011 - off topic, resolved via pm
Hidden by A.J, November 3, 2011 - off topic, resolved via pm

oh?

stop nit-picking....I was generalising, and stand by my post, a lot of over the top forecasting over the past 24 months, many of which not in-line with NW convective forecasts & Skywarn forecasts (those two are the one's I find most accurate)

Posted

Torrential rain and thunder. Bolt of lightening right in my garden! Love being in NE England- fantastic stuff.

Just what I predicted yesterday.

NORTHEAST ENGLAND will get the storms!

And yet again, it appears that is exactly whats happened again today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Rain stopped unsure if I heard thunder though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The rain over France has definitely intensified!

Posted

CS England will probably have to keep watch of the area over the Channel Islands right now, looks like the coverage is increasing at the moment so its probably in a strengthening phase.

Feels odd to be talking about this sorta thing in November.

Posted

Dorset/IOW is looking pretty funky tomorrow. Probably more chance of something tomorrow than today.

I hope your right!

Tomorrow I will be even more angry if I don't get at least one rumble.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Nothing unusual there then :winky: