Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Well quite a bit of damage from yesterdays storm.

Around otley/Ilkley, fences broke, snapped branches along with my train cancelled this morning due to downed over-head lines. Most noticably in Ilkley I saw a large oaktree on top of a car! :80: Thankfully I don't think anyone was hurt.

So a very poor performance from the met office if you ask me. Not a single warning, yet they allways put up warnings for much lesser weather/non events.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

I've got to say it's been a long time since I've seen a day like what we're having today with high wind speed and intense rain. Absoloutly battering it down now with rain.

WOW, just had a intense hail shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Heavy showers of sleet and, now, ice pellets here. The temp' has fallen from 6.1c at 1425 to 2.8c currently.

Posted

4.8c and falling here in West Manchester. Just had a hail storm from hell and the wind was very fierce. Has the North West region forum now closed?

Edited by gareth73

Posted

4.8c and falling here in West Manchester. Just had a hail storm from hell and the wind was very fierce. Has the North West region forum now closed?

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/71850-new-english-regional-discussion-threads/page__p__2199071#entry2199071

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Finally some wintry weather to talk about !

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Mostly cloudy with occasional rain but milder Saturday. Brighter Sunday with some sunny intervals but also blustery showers. Further sunny intervals Monday but cold with some wintry showers. Continuing breezy.

Updated: 1534 on Thu 29 Dec 2011

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

currently having a heavy hail/sleet shower along with some very gusty winds.

temperaure is at 3.7'c so can't see anything other than sleet tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

currently having a heavy hail/sleet shower along with some very gusty winds.

temperaure is at 3.7'c so can't see anything other than sleet tonight.

I'll take back what i said.

It might only be sleet but everything is now white and the temperature is down to 2.7'c

Amazing what a heavy shower can do to the temperature.

Posted

Been updating my weather records, and note that I have had one day in the past forty on which no precipitation fell. In line for the 3rd wettest year in the past eight, unless we have more than 60mm rain in the next two days (which isn't completely out of the question) in which case it'll be the 2nd wettest.

Posted

Quite a brrr feeling day thanks to the cold NW wind and heavy showers. Suspect the fells are once again white above 600m as they should be at this time of year. Once again no sunshine - it has been a very dull december here in the Lake District.

Tomorrow will be a raw day thanks to cloud and heavy rain moving into quite chilly air - not quite as raw as the 19th December but a similiar type of day. New Years eve will see a temporary slot of mild mucky tropical maritime air - quite apt for what has been a very mild year with too much cloud for my liking and too many drab dull misty days a far cry from 2008, 2009 and 2010 which were very sunny years with lots of high pressure. Hoping 2012 is not a repeat of 2011- what a yawn fest this year has been.

Looking into the New Year we could see some sleety wet snow later on the 2nd and perhaps on the third thanks to colder uppers from the NW. Indeed the outlook is quite reminiscent of conditions during the first half of december and as we are month on, those uppers will be colder than then so more conducive to less marginalisation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Tomorrow will be a truly effing miserable day as I'm back at work :spiteful:

There isn't a chart in FI that could possibly cheer me up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Overcast and chilly with sleet falling here The temp' is 3.2c which is 0.2c lower than it was at 0900.

Posted

When front arrived temperature was at 5.c, currently 3.c and dropping slowly.

Would be great to see some snow but soon enough the milder uppers will rear its ugly head and temperatures will rise again shortly.

Posted

Rain with a smattering of sleet mixed in here today.

Very chilly!

Edited by JP1972

Posted

i want the snow not rain rain and more rain i got drenched 3 times today rain rain go away come back on washing day lol

then snow if wishes were horses beggers would ride

Posted

It hasn't half rained a lot has it! two nights ago when it was windy we had some incredibly heavy wet slushy hail.

It would be nice to settle down into a cold high pressure system.

Posted

The perfect way to start the bank holiday!

Yellow warning

A wintry mix of rain, sleet and snow showers will lead to icy stretches on roads and pavements on Monday morning. A few cm of snow is likely, generally above about 200 m, though with the risk of some at lower levels too

Posted

We could be in for a repeat of what we saw on the 5th December if we see strong evaporative cooling and convection at work. The 528 dam line will be over much of the region by Monday morning. Any precipitation should easily be of snow above about 350 metres and in any heavy bouts will probably quickly fall as snow down to 200 metres and possibly even down to 150m. I think places below 150m will see wet snowflakes in the sky but nothing settling. Will wait and see.

Wednesday also should deliver snow down to quite low levels 250m+.

At least the outlook is more seasonal again with cool zonal conditions as opposed to the mild dross we have endured during the last 10 days. Will be nice to see the fells receiving some decent snow again.

Posted

I assume nothing east of the Pennines though Danianslaw?