Coast

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Wet and windy night here and the pressure is dropping fast currently 967mb.

Still got some 20mbs to drop in less than 24 hours!

Incoming storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Naff all here at the moment: 1019.3mBar, 6.1oC, strongest "gust" so far 17kmh/10mph and 5mm of rain. Bah!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

999mb here well so the shoreham weather station says,wish i had my weather station that i asked santa for :smilz38:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Non Destructive Near My House

Nope no mistake, surface pressure forecast (Met Office) has it 947mb by Midnight in the same locality..i'm assuming the XCWeather is the more updated chart. http://www.metoffice...e_pressure.html

Sorry I was being facetious .. :rofl:

But Id think we should have at least a yellow warning about wind. This storm looks worse than last weeks storm for certain areas up here but still no warnings. Rush hour in Glasgow tomorrow evening could be dicey.

Theres a warning for snow but not for wind ... hmm so as far as our illustrious meteorological leaders are concerned its ok to go hang gliding tomorrow in glasgow.

Edit : OK they do mention wind in their snow warning but not the best imho.

Edited by Insert Name Here

Posted

Getting really gusty now, max gust 62mph, I wish I could record the sounds and put it on here. LOL Looks like being a long night of storm watching for me. Just loving it. Or maybe not, just looked out the window to check the garden fence and got a faceful of water from a leaky gutter! :aggressive:

Oops wondered what the funny noise was, someone dustbin just gone rolling down the road spewing it's contents as it goes. LOL

Or maybe not lol, I may be picking their rubbish out my front garden tomorrow. :(

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

We're getting gale force gusts here now and the rain is heavy and horizontal.

We don't get gales here nowadays, so this is coming as a rather exciting event!

Pressure has fallen alot in the last couple of hours 984mb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Still got some 20mbs to drop in less than 24 hours!

Incoming storm.

Lets do this together Liam....deep breath and breeeeeeeeathe :-) lol Exciting stuff will be windy for sure but you are prone to high winds so for you will be a walk in the park!

Wind has really ramped up here now some strong gusts pushing through.. will see what happens tomorrow....

Edited by Paul-Michael

Posted

Pressure now at 989.9mb and still dropping fast at 2.5mb/hr, Temp at 9.6 Dp 8.5, Rain 7.2mm, sustained wind has dropped back a bit to 10.4mph max gust still 30.4mph at 18:47

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Bugger - note to self - don't try and update your weather station software in the middle of an event. No readings - so eyewitness reports only for now - it's raining and quite windy

Posted

its sounding a bit wild out side here on the east coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme - anything but dull and dreary. The snowier the better.

Whereabouts in North Wales are you Gorath?

Near as dammit, on the Carnarfon coast. Wind has now died down completely, and so has the rain for now.

For a period of roughly 30 minutes we had easily the heaviest rain I've ever seen in my life. I was driving home from work and had to use the foglamps, and crawl along in 1st gear. Visibility was almost nil due to the sheer volume of water falling from the sky, and the roads had become rivers.

All calm now though.

EDIT:

Oooh, and just as I finish typing, the wind returns, but nothing too bad. feels like approximately 20-25mph winds.

Someone is going to have egg on their faces on Friday. If the Met keep on with Friday's storm when the others are backing away then i would expect the Met Office to reflect this in their next update.i'm at 993

Not necessarily. They've carefully worded it to avoid tabloid-esque "death storm on it's way, prepare for Armageddon" interpretations...

"Rapidly strengthening winds and heavy rain are likely to reach the west later on Thursday and extend quickly eastwards overnight into Friday bringing another potentially stormy period.

The public is advised to monitor warnings for this period, noting that the warning may be upgraded."

There really is nothing there that would leave them with egg on their faces should the storm be a damp squib.

Telling folk to be cautious is not the same as telling them the end is nigh :winky:

Edited by Gorath

Posted

Oh, that dustbin, a metal one, just started moving again and crunched into the neighbours car, think he wont be too happy tomorrow morning. :sorry:

Pressure dropping more quickly, 995 now.

Now gusting Force 10

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Naff all here at the moment: 1019.3mBar, 6.1oC, strongest "gust" so far 17kmh/10mph and 5mm of rain. Bah!

Purple, no disrespect but that barometer reading ( 1019.3 ) cant possibly be right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Wind is really gusting now, not sure what speeds etc but very windy all the same I can hear the roof rattling. Has that storm developed a hook on it's back edge? Rapid deepening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

NMM takes tomorrows storm down to 943hpa off Western Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Started to rain properly about half and hour ago and the wind is piking up quite quickly. How long do we think the rain will last for looking at the band? Oddly no wind warnings as we went over the bridge and they usually have them even for relatively mild winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Very windy now! allsorts have blown over in the garden,Can hardly open the back door due to the fierce wind. Mind,We are out in the open here and certainly not sheltered.

Posted

Not much happening here as usual, light rain, no wind to speak of but pressure is dropping sharply down to 972.

Pete

Posted

998 and dropping here at the moment here on the east coast