Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms - 12th December 2011 Onwards Part 2

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Nasty storm heading towards NW Britain for Tuesday evening, Very tight pressure gradient and sub 950hpa, this has steadily been upgraded over the last few runs.

Storm force winds from this over parts of the NW tomorrow.

post-9615-0-29968300-1323714340_thumb.gi

post-9615-0-80595500-1323714351_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

According to the local forecast it's going to start raining here in the next half an hour or so and the winds are suddenly going to pick up to 50mph+, seems hard to believe it's still almost completely calm here. That would be a very dramatic squal :) There's just been a report on BBC news from Mudeford keys, looks like it's starting to blow up down there abit but the reporter said this storm is expected to blow itself out before it really becomes anything major I think it's weakening a little but he did say Friday's storm is going to be 1 to watch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I've got 1000.8 falling at 1.5/hr

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Problem with the ecm it doesn't do 12 hr sessions although it does take the low further north than the GFS. Chances of the storm happening 50/50 at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Non Destructive Near My House
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

According to the local forecast it's going to start raining here in the next half an hour or so and the winds are suddenly going to pick up to 50mph+, seems hard to believe it's still almost completely calm here. That would be a very dramatic squal :) There's just been a report on BBC news from Mudeford keys, looks like it's starting to blow up down there abit but the reporter said this storm is expected to blow itself out before it really becomes anything major I think it's weakening a little but he did say Friday's storm is going to be 1 to watch.

I noticed it's a lot calmer, winds have backed southerly so temps and dewpoints look to rise briefly. Lets see what happens when the cold front pushes through later...

Edited by danuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Very windy and wet here! Rain well and truly arrived now and looks like lasting a while!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Absolutely vicious here- driving wind and heavy squally rain.

For those who haven't had it yet- the first few squally showers really saw the wind ramp up from a near calm towards force 5 in a few minutes- so watch out all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Someone is going to have egg on their faces on Friday. If the Met keep on with Friday's storm when the others are backing away then i would expect the Met Office to reflect this in their next update.

Mind you - they have been on their own before and been proved correct!

i'm at 993

These considerable differences are most likely due to elevation above sea level; pressure drops rapidly with even a small rise in altitude. To compensate for this instruments should ideally be sea level calibrated.

Posted

I've got 1000.8 falling at 1.5/hr

mine just fell 4 mb in about 5 mins. now 989 the rain is moving in and the wind has started up properly - think it will be a wild night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Winds picking up here now with heavy rain . Baraometer falling quite rapidly since this afternoon,currently at 982.1 hPa

Posted

Anybody know where I can see a list of local weather stations, I know of a few, but I don't think they are correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

mine just fell 4 mb in about 5 mins. now 989 the rain is moving in and the wind has started up properly - think it will be a wild night.

Falling very fast.

Its raining ( Not too heavy .. ) And gettingly blustery now.. ( Was quiet a min ago )

press.png?1323715461639

Posted

Some strong winds in Brittany and also snow to the very oposite in the alps earlier today. quite gusty winds too on the mediteranean but in between, that is rest of country, nothing at all ( clear skies in Paris at least for now) and a litlle breeze !!

http://www.infoclimat.fr/ sums up the day up to now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Anybody know where I can see a list of local weather stations, I know of a few, but I don't think they are correct.

The old favourite www.xcweather.co.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme and settled according to my mood and time of year!

A boy sorry. Those red round ball shaped things that bob about in the water they carry computer data on them I think that it sent back to MetO and ships out at sea.

Yes that's it a bouy, finally I know the spelling lol :)

Posted

Latest gust on Chimet, (Chichester harbour entrance) 53.6 mph sustained wind 43 mph and 1000 mb pressure,

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Well dispite all the GFS, ECM drama with fridays storm, the BBC seem highly of stormy conditions at the end of the week!

Posted

Latest gust on Chimet, (Chichester harbour entrance) 53.6 mph sustained wind 43 mph and 1000 mb pressure,

Running at 56.4mph gust and sustained winds of 38mph in Poole harbour.

997mb dropping 2mb/hr