Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Well the NAE is still showing that same risk of snow to Central/East Wales and also North Wales depending how far north that frontal system gets- which is difficult to say really.

Heavy precipitation over Wales as shown on the NAE with dewpoints also:

http://expert-images...121606_1512.gif

Dewpoints at or just below freezing away from coastal SW Wales.

SUB 528dam air moving south as the low moves eastwards with colder upper air temps spreading across Wales:

http://expert-images...121606_1512.gif < Upper air

http://expert-images...121606_1512.gif < Thickness

Now for the NAE rain/snow chart @ 18hrs:

As you can see whats been consistent is snow to Mid/East Wales & as the colder air filters down falling snow will be likely across most parts of South Wales bar the SW where i think the dewpoints will remain largely above freezing, most sticking snow in south Wales will be around the south Wales valleys where dewpoints & temperatures will be lower.

However that might now be the end of the snow risk, once that low clears through the winds swing around to the NW with colder air in place and precipitation moving in off the Irish sea the snow risk is there again for NW/W parts of Wales Friday night:

http://expert-images...121618_1512.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

temp is actually rising here in Rhoose, now sitting at 6.5c, pressure 998 and very light winds ...it'll be rain, rain and more rain for me tonight on

the coast !

Posted

temp is actually rising here in Rhoose, now sitting at 6.5c, pressure 998 and very light winds ...it'll be rain, rain and more rain for me tonight on

the coast !

Hi Phantom2 , what a lovely place to live i as a child holidayed at fonty-gary bay ,brings back some good memories also the pub just outside the camp called the fonty-gary and also the local chip shop as you went under the bridge into the camp ,also the 99 steps and the lakes that were there when the tide went out , also fingers crossed for you to have some snow :smilz38: :good:

Posted

the coast !

That may be due to the proximity of the low, temperatures can be expected to rise for those close to the low as it approaches and then fall as it moves away east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Hi Phantom2 , what a lovely place to live i as a child holidayed at fonty-gary bay ,brings back some good memories also the pub just outside the camp called the fonty-gary and also the local chip shop as you went under the bridge into the camp ,also the 99 steps and the lakes that were there when the tide went out , also fingers crossed for you to have some snow :smilz38: :good:

Hi Aquastamist

I live about 300 yards from the pub and the chippy ..great grub for sure ..im pretty sure i will get rain tonight, always do in these setups

Posted

Hi Aquastamist

I live about 300 yards from the pub and the chippy ..great grub for sure ..im pretty sure i will get rain tonight, always do in these setups

Be down now for some good old sausage and batter and chips .... lol i think you should get some snow :smiliz19: :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temp 1.9c here. Rhoose just 30 min drive from here. Big diff in temps. Going to be marginal for most.

Posted

Looks like the precipitation is reaching the south wales coast already, slightly ahead of schedule. Not sure if this is good or bad news for snow prospects, but maybe it means we won't have quite so long to wait to find out :acute:

Posted

Evening All-

Rain and 5c in Tenby. Very dark and heavy sky at dusk and, for the first time in what seems weeks, no wind!

Not expecting anything here- bar perhaps the odd bit of sleet first thing.

Good luck! :good:

Posted

Evening All-

Rain and 5c in Tenby. Very dark and heavy sky at dusk and, for the first time in what seems weeks, no wind!

Not expecting anything here- bar perhaps the odd bit of sleet first thing.

Good luck! :good:

So you moved to Tenby?

What was wrong with Pontyates? haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Still undecided whether I want snow, as I have a 6am start tomorrow! I'm expecting to see some rain fairly soon, wonder if it'll turn to snow throughout the night..

Posted

Im now based in aberaman, just outside Aberdare and I'm expecting some snow here in the early hours. There's been snow on the mountains around here for the last couple of days and a hideous wind chill. I would expect 5 miles up the road in Hirwaun and the Heads of the Valleys will see a good couple of inches if not more.

The last couple of years has seen incredible snowfalls in the higher valley regions of S Wales and I'm hoping that late Jan and Feb will deliver the goods again with the odd nice suprise thrown in, like tonights feature!

James

Posted

Still undecided whether I want snow, as I have a 6am start to

morrow! I'm expecting to see some rain fairly soon, wonder if it'll turn to snow throughout the night..

Yes 6am here too... I just hope there won't be chaos but I bet it will be rain/sleet so should be okay.

Posted

So you moved to Tenby?

What was wrong with Pontyates? haha

:D Hiya Shaun. Yep- the NetWeather Pontyates Massive is down to one! And, great question- I'm actually missing the rolling green hills and the Rwyth Inn and er... let's just leave it there, shall we?

You might get a bit of snow tonight, at the top of the hill there? More than I'll get here, I'm sure...

Posted

:D Hiya Shaun. Yep- the NetWeather Pontyates Massive is down to one! And, great question- I'm actually missing the rolling green hills and the Rwyth Inn and er... let's just leave it there, shall we?

You might get a bit of snow tonight, at the top of the hill there? More than I'll get here, I'm sure...

Who knows... maybe haha.

Rwyth Inn, oh god. ha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

definatly colder outside now *shiver* really hope it snows now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

5.2C here with light rain, just need the temp to drop now!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Light Rain, quite light winds 4.6C