Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Feels real cold out know, dont know the temps as my weather stations bust (Bloody Kids!!) Going to run out to the car to check the temp on that but never know how accurate they are

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

'Raintoday' radar is already showing the rain turn to sleet in mid Wales, hope to see some soon :)

Posted

Lets hope we get a covering of snow for all of Wales to keep the forum busy(except jayfromcardiffhouse)lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme - anything but dull and dreary. The snowier the better.

Been in bed all day feeling rundown like crap. But if we get some properly snowy mountains tomorrow, NOTHING is going to stop me from getting the snowboard out, hehe!

Posted

Models seem pretty good for a good part of eastern Wales and they are quite keen on snow setting in during the early hours overnight. Track of the low will determine the chances of snow for southern Wales. I'd expect some in the SE of Wales though whether it settles much is another story.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temperature down to 4.2C and dewpoint 3C now with lightish rain! Looking a bit better now as long as the temperature can keep dropping for later tonight/tomorrow morning! Fingers crossed many of us will be suprised by the morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Down to 4.0c lets hope its down to 1.0c by early morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme - anything but dull and dreary. The snowier the better.

You guys seen this from the MetO?

Great for watching the temperature and weather across the country as things change...

http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Great for watching the temperature and weather across the country as things change...

Thanks for that, will keep my eyes on it! Not sure why I am bothering, almost certain that I won't see snowfall. I am certain that I won't wake up to lying snow!

Posted

I'm almost certain there's a sleety component to this rain. Not too much in the way of wintriness at the moment, but I'm sure it's there.

Temperature 3.3C.

Posted

That;s a good sign then, Jackfrost, since the main snow event is supposedly a few hours away yet.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Few spots of rain with the temperature rising gradually, currently 2.5c. Will probably rise until just after midnight, before the colder air and snow chances start! Just a bit dubious about whether any heavy enough rain will get this far north west to get the evaporative cooling to work. Most of the rain is light and across mid to south Wales so far, perhaps it can spread and pep up after midnight.

Posted

Temp here in Nantymoel (230m) is 3.4ºC, Dew point 2.2ºC. Air temp is dropping very slowly, dew point has been constant for a good few hours now though. Light rain here. Drove over the Bwlch mountain (440m) about 15 mins ago and it's rain up there at the moment, no sleet yet. Car thermometer indicated 2ºC up there but as someone else said, not sure how accurate these are.

Posted

If it's raining on the Bwlch then perhaps I'm mistaken in thinking it's sleeting here! Sorry about that, wasn't trying to mislead.

Posted

Blackrose - I've been keeping an eye on the car thermometer recently, and it tallies very well with two other electronic thermometers that I have, as well as the nearest weatherstation output.

I have no idea if this is common across all car thermometers though, or even across all MkV Golfs!

Posted

I like this! Hi all, Happy Met Office watching today - got very excited with the upgrade earlier but I don't think it's going to come to much at least in Cardiff - but never mind! Is anybody else thinking that Nov and Dec seemed to be very Autumnal and we might be in for a late but cold winter by about January/February?

Wishful thinking perhaps!

Posted

Precip developing to the west of Wales, I suspect this maybe the zone to watch as it gets dragged to the ESE as the low pressure moves to the east. I maybe wrong about this but it'd make sense from what I've seen. Also you could probably include the precip already over E.Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Looking at the latest observations i cant really see any real major shifts northwards or southwards of that low, it seems fairly inline with what the NAE has been showing lately.

NAE @ 2100hrs:

http://expert-images...1521_2_1512.gif

Current observations @ 2100hrs:

http://meteocentre.c...〈=en&map=UK

Posted

If it's raining on the Bwlch then perhaps I'm mistaken in thinking it's sleeting here! Sorry about that, wasn't trying to mislead.

Well, just took another drive up and this time noticed a few splodges of sleet on the windscreen! Didn't notice any the first time though but maybe I missed them lol. Temp in the valley now 3.3º - dropping very slowly as I said but dewpoint is still 2.2º.

Posted

Temp now up to 2.4c here and very light drizzle - we're between the two main bands of precip at the moment. Dp just 0.1c so if we start to get anything wintry then it's already more or less at the point where it's able to settle.

Looking at the latest observations i cant really see any real major shifts northwards or southwards of that low, it seems fairly inline with what the NAE has been showing lately.

NAE @ 2100hrs:

http://expert-images...1521_2_1512.gif

Current observations @ 2100hrs:

http://meteocentre.c...〈=en&map=UK

At 8pm the rainfall seemed to match the forecast re NMM. So things are going as per the models.