Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms - January Part 2

Liam J

Posted

Still quite nasty out there. Roof still shaking and our now 'un-sealed' window is still moo-ing. Bring on the Calm....please.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

A quick trot around the industrial estate and almost got knocked on my rear-end by an unexpected gust!

Pockets of higher gusts still remaining until after dark here:

06_25.gif

Posted

Wind's picking up a bit again now, interesting weather to the North West of London.

Edit - now passed through and slightly calmer lol!

Its not calmer here Robbie !! I think Im to the north west of you.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Gusts seem to be cranking up again here, off out for a lunchtime walkies in a mo to experience nature!!!

yes, gusts cranking up again here in the last half hour. Any sort of cloud cover seems to prompt this. Under blue sky it is much calmer. Just had a 53mph on the Ano.

yes, gusts cranking up again here in the last half hour. Any sort of cloud cover seems to prompt this. Under blue sky it is much calmer. Just had a 53mph on the Ano.

scratch that, just had a 58mph!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Yep, we've had three-four quite intense showers at his morning and by the looks of it another one incoming -- I'm in a west facing conservatory so can see it all blowing through. Today's garden calamity is the barbecue being blown over, in spite of it being behind a sheltered fence in a pretty small garden.

Don't know about anyone else but our bin collection today was chaos. All the empty bins like skittles!

Posted

scratch that, just had a 58mph!

Looking about right for you!

post-6667-0-71547500-1325770102_thumb.jp

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Its not calmer here Robbie !! I think Im to the north west of you.

I am slightly to the North of Norwood, I live in Elephant and Castle, the new buildings!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A very windy morning which, had it not been for last night, would itself have been quite notable with a maximum gust, since 0900, of 73 mph at 1055.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

still Gusting 30 knots here and im sheltered from the south westerlys .... max gust 33 knots at 828am this morning as a fierce cell went through...

Posted

I am slightly to the North of Norwood, I live in Elephant and Castle, the new buildings!

Im in NorTHwood, north west London. Sorry mate, for some reason I thought you lived near Heathrow. Its finally eased off a bit here in the last 20 minutes, or have I spoken too soon ?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Non Destructive Near My House

Whilst i enjoy exciting weather like this i have to say enough is enough. It's broken my new fence, smashed the greenhouse and is playing havoc with my woodburner, blowing smoke back down. Fed up of it now......

Welcome to my world :pardon: I have now experienced 8 severe storms this winter and two METO red alerts. The damage on my house is minimal thank god and I am thoroughly sick of it too.

To all those wishing for more severe weather in their own area, I assure you, the novelty if it ever exists, soon wears off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I don't normally knock the MO, but i'm very disgusted that they have not put any kind of watch or warning out about these winds. Now you might say it's not warranted, but if you were here today then you'd agree. There's more trees down and power out today than from Tuesday's episode.

The christmas tree came down about an hour ago in the town centre ..

407168_10150511869923711_548283710_8684147_650276322_n.jpg

Posted

Welcome to my world :pardon: I have now experienced 8 severe storms this winter and two METO red alerts. The damage on my house is minimal thank god and I am thoroughly sick of it too.

To all those wishing for more severe weather in their own area, I assure you, the novelty if it ever exists, soon wears off.

Funny enough, after being drenched waiting for my train this morning, and then being blasted with ice cold gale force North Westerly winds on my walk to work, I was thinking the same - and thats only after a couple of days! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

This wind is not letting up,if anything it seems worse at the moment,but it has been dry all day no rain at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Seems like goalkeepers should be watching the model output more closely!

Tim Howard goal vs Bolton - YouTube :rofl:

lol brilliant! Although I must admit I thought this sort of goal didn't count because the ball needs to be touched by a player other than the goalie before entering the net at the other end?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Nooo! I can assure you the novelty does not wear off for me! Switch places if you want, I am thoroughly sick of living in the no-weather zone for the past year ;)

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Whilst i enjoy exciting weather like this i have to say enough is enough. It's broken my new fence, smashed the greenhouse and is playing havoc with my woodburner, blowing smoke back down. Fed up of it now......

Ditto. It took down part of our fence and our garage door was pulling the wooden frame attaching it to the garage this morning, so we had to remove the door or else risk the corner of the garage coming down. Other half's had pneumonia over Xmas and now I don't feel so great either. Would MUCH rather have colder, crisp clear days or snow than endless gales! *grumble*

Edited by Barbmac

Posted

lol brilliant! Although I must admit I thought this sort of goal didn't count because the ball needs to be touched by a player other than the goalie before entering the net at the other end?

Nope, its a perfectly legit goal. Got to feel a tad sorry for the Bolton keeper though, and that was one wicked bounce that I doubt any keeper could have anticipated. At least Bolton went on to win the match 2-1 so his blushes were eventually spared !!

Posted

The goal certainly counts!

Not even a smile from Tim Howard,i think i would have been sent off for laughing. :D

Posted

This is beyond a joke now, I've just got back after having been on one of the scariest motorbike rides of my life and there are STILL no metoffice warnings and the winds are still horrific here and severe gales force over alot of areas.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/

They as an agency have been given the resposibility to protect peoples lives and livelihoods by forecasting weather.

They are not doing their job!

I have emailed them, but have yet to get a response.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Could someone tell me when the winds are likely to ease? this is nuts