Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Thats nothing compared to what I have had to endure with mine.

The anemometer, wind gauge and rain gauge all failed recently and I had to take it down twice to try and fix it and it never worked. Only the thermometer works now and have had to place it in a different location. To be able to record the wind again I am now having to bye a £75 anemometer to try and put on the roof of the house which isn't going to be easy. :unsure:

A bit dissapointed in how long the station lasted considering I spent over £100 pounds on it and it only lasted just over a year.

My rain gauge has stopped working in the last couple of weeks. Really gutted, tried fixing it but seems to still not work. I think it might have been damaged in the high winds we had.

Posted

just got heavy drizzel here not expecting any snow for the north devon, might get a little sleet over exmoor. Much to wet to settle. Dont forget the dew points temps not that important it all comes down to the dew point. have fun if you get any but i am hopping for zero, flipping hate the stuff after the hell of the last few years, for me it has been a fantastic winter so far :air_kiss:

Same here although a couple of days off work would be great.

All of this doom & gloom is making me laugh. I thought the snow was not supposed to appear before tonight? Chill people, it's going to snow I am convinced of it. Plus Ian F said so, so it must be true. Granted it may not settle but a lot of us will see some of the white stuff at some point IMO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Looking at the models the -5c upper temps aren't due to be within distance for snow until this evening which correlates with a lot of the forecasts.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn122.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn182.png

So close to Devon as well, although snow over Dartmoor and Exmoor very likely still i say overnight. From Dorest north-eastwards looks a good bet to me for snow even down to lower levels :)

Posted

Light rain. 3.9

That -5 upper cannot be as west as first thought. Oh well, the temp will drop tonight, more ppn on the way and heavier hopefully so we will see. AND an interesting week to look forward too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Afternoon all, its been 3c here all day, grey slate skys.

hope you r all well

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

12z NAE Interesting! Gives snow, albeit light, to Somerset, North Dorset and the Moors from Midnight to 12.00 tomorrow! Snow then turns back to rain, with perhaps the Mendips and Bath area hanging on to something wintry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

12z NAE Interesting! Gives snow, albeit light, to Somerset, North Dorset and the Moors from Midnight to 12.00 tomorrow! Snow then turns back to rain, with perhaps the Mendips and Bath area hanging on to something wintry!

Thats good news :clapping:

temperature still creeping lower 1.8c and dp 0.7c nothing falling yet though

Posted

Hi all,

Not been on for a while, looks like a non event for here in cheltenham, gloucestershire no snow or even rain forecast, even though we are under the warning?? so a little confused :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Temps only very slowly falling this afternoon as evening approaches. Down from a peak of 3.6c, 2.4c dp and only fallen to 3.4c, 2.2c dp in the past 1.5 hours.

Posted

I don't see it as a bad thing that the front has practically stalled, it means the cold air is winning and pushing the milder front

back to the West.

Surely that is, in an overall picture point of view, the best thing.

What's the point of a little fall of sleet/wet snow that will freeze solid come tomorrow evening when we could enter clearer and much,

much colder air with great potential as the week continues!

Posted

I don't see it as a bad thing that the front has practically stalled, it means the cold air is winning and pushing the milder front

back to the West.

Surely that is, in an overall picture point of view, the best thing.

What's the point of a little fall of sleet/wet snow that will freeze solid come tomorrow evening when we could enter clearer and much,

much colder air with great potential as the week continues!

The thing is although we might get further chances for snow it is all speculation and in FI so i'd rather look at the here and now to be honest.

We can all gawp at FI but how often does it go pear shaped?

Posted

Well Smashing NAE yet again , but GFS wants to maintain a Wales event as is all along .. I think most places are getting light rain at the moment as far as Bristol, don't worry though that was expected all along, With the amount of PPN building up that lot will push East later on without doubt , still can't say how far , but remember forecast don't have the front pushing east until after Midnight anyway. The Air is starting to undercut now from the East , I will put some live maps up in a bit .

Posted

Well Smashing NAE yet again , but GFS wants to maintain a Wales event as is all along .. I think most places are getting light rain at the moment as far as Bristol, don't worry though that was expected all along, With the amount of PPN building up that lot will push East later on without doubt , still can't say how far , but remember forecast don't have the front pushing east until after Midnight anyway. The Air is starting to undercut now from the East , I will put some live maps up in a bit .

great post chris , be good to see what ian ferggusons latest thoughts are, upgrades i hope lol

Posted

is this bad for somerset?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Ian has just tweeted, Snow risk now minimised for Cotswolds and Wiltshire tomorrow! Quantocks, Mendips and Moors should get varying amounts tonight!

Posted

Yes I presume he means it will get pushed back west fairly quickly into the morning?

Posted

is it over for somerset

The chances remain the same as before ... The NAE still says rain will turn to Snow as it moves East across Somerset .

12013000_2912.gif

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted

Light Rain falling on Blackdown Hills about 3 miles from Dunkerswell.

temp: 3.0C

DP: 2C

dl

16.30 update.

Wet Sleet

Temp 2.0C

DP 2C

dl

Posted

great post chris , be good to see what ian ferggusons latest thoughts are, upgrades i hope lol

Usually I like his tweets lol, but he has been changing his mind more times than I have had hot dinners the last couple of days, Ian is a Cold fan and at the end of the day he is in the same situation as us and lately he will be lamppost watching, The only extra information he can get now is live reports as it is happening. lol