Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Oh God! Don't go into the Model Output thread, it's all going into meltdown in there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

12z gfs not good, Atlantic shoves the cold air back east with relative ease but its so different to the 06z that until there's consistency its not worth worrying about. ukmo rolling out now, wonder what that will show.

Edit : ukmo follows gfs, can the 12z ecm come to the rescue later.

Edited by Smartie

Posted

Usually I like his tweets lol, but he has been changing his mind more times than I have had hot dinners the last couple of days, Ian is a Cold fan and at the end of the day he is in the same situation as us and lately he will be lamppost watching, The only extra information he can get now is live reports as it is happening. lol

Mr F isn't a cold fan at all, he can't stand the stuff. He's 100% warm summer kind of guy.

Hope you don't mind me speaking for you Ian if you're lurking.

Right must go....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

This is why Im sticking to the here and now andy.... :good:

still nothing falling

Posted

Bit of light rain in the air here, 2.9c. Looks like a fairly raw feeling couple of days with some rain or possible sleet at times, dry, cold and frosty midweek, then perhaps a bit of leading edge snow before much milder weather smashes through at the weekend. Here comes Winter, but don't blink or you might miss it.... :lazy:

Edited by shedhead

Posted

12z gfs not good, Atlantic shoves the cold air back east with relative ease but its so different to the 06z that until there's consistency its not worth worrying about. ukmo rolling out now, wonder what that will show.

Edit : ukmo follows gfs, can the 12z ecm come to the rescue later.

Bear in mind though that the GFS shows a very Snowy breakdown for our region ...... Would at least get a dumping from that , although I personally think the Cold air will hang in longer ... the models are having there 7 days away hickups ... You are likely to get a good 00z ECM tomorrow or Tuesday and GFS will backtrack a couple of runs later... Remember even the UKMO had to backtrack regarding this week .

Posted

Bear in mind though that the GFS shows a very Snowy breakdown for our region ...... Would at least get a dumping from that , although I personally think the Cold air will hang in longer ... the models are having there 7 days away hickups ... You are likely to get a good 00z ECM tomorrow or Tuesday and GFS will backtrack a couple of runs later... Remember even the UKMO had to backtrack regarding this week .

The models are all over the place so as I said, i'm not concerned yet, its well known that they struggle with these kind of setups, here's going for a nice ecm later.

Posted

The models are all over the place so as I said, i'm not concerned yet, its well known that they struggle with these kind of setups, here's going for a nice ecm later.

Thats what I like about the regional threads , we can forget about the models for a couple of days and concentrate on what is happening here and now ... :) woohoo just noticed your from Weston as well where abouts bro ?

Posted

Thats what I like about the regional threads , we can forget about the models for a couple of days and concentrate on what is happening here and now ... :) woohoo just noticed your from Weston as well where abouts bro ?

I'm out worle way.

Posted

I'm out worle way.

Cool i'm in town, Will be nipping out to DK's later tonight and hope we might have some progress by the time I leave lol. Be interesting on Brean or uphill in the morning I should imagine.

Posted

Radar gone green now, except around the coasts, especially weston (sorry snowmadchrisuk !!!! couldnt help it!)

haha , well at least we got Sleet yayyyyyyyyyyy ... Arh well if Models go wrong and Atlantic blasts through , Snowy breakdown highly likely and I have seen that many many times in Weston . If the Cold ends up hanging on (the option I currently think more likely due to the size of the block) Then we are bound to tap into some snow eventually. Remember we are going to get very very cold from tomorrow .

Posted

haha , well at least we got Sleet yayyyyyyyyyyy ... Arh well if Models go wrong and Atlantic blasts through , Snowy breakdown highly likely and I have seen that many many times in Weston . If the Cold ends up hanging on (the option I currently think more likely due to the size of the block) Then we are bound to tap into some snow eventually. Remember we are going to get very very cold from tomorrow .

The one thing that makes me so depressed is a cold snap then frontal snow from the Atlantic then rain! Im just hoping that one day the cold is strong enough to stay in place and all we get is snow snow snow with temps just below freezing.....let me dream. I HATE ATLANTIC BREAKDOWNS!!!!!

Posted

The one thing that makes me so depressed is a cold snap then frontal snow from the Atlantic then rain! Im just hoping that one day the cold is strong enough to stay in place and all we get is snow snow snow with temps just below freezing.....let me dream. I HATE ATLANTIC BREAKDOWNS!!!!!

Well we got it in Dec 2010 . Although I missed most of it as I was living in Leicester at the time and just visited Weston 20th-24th .. Was great to see it on the ground though will never forget how much Weston got that year as it was a record for here in the last 10 years at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

evening, temp dropping steady (0.57c /hr), humidity rising, currently 91%.

DP: 1.48c

temp: 2.8c

Edited by Aceman

Posted

Well we got it in Dec 2010 . Although I missed most of it as I was living in Leicester at the time and just visited Weston 20th-24th .. Was great to see it on the ground though will never forget how much Weston got that year as it was a record for here in the last 10 years at least.

Yes, weston got a streamer straight across from Wales all day. 2/3 miles either side of weston there was hardly anything! Weston was bang in the firing line that day.

Posted

raining here...

Thats to be expected for a few hours yet I dare say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

No chance for it to settle when it does :(

Depends how heavy!

Last week ( thursday i think? ) we had a shed loads of heavy rain. Was horrible!!! Then it turned to heavy snow and within 30 mins everything had gone white..

Positive thoughts :)

Posted

Hi all!

Haven't seen the forecasts all day, and can't be bothered to look through all previous posts - but what's the forecast for tonight for the mendips?

Also, what time is the ECM out?

Recently moved house and there is a lamp post right outside - may come in handy later on ;)

Posted

Hi all!

Haven't seen the forecasts all day, and can't be bothered to look through all previous posts - but what's the forecast for tonight for the mendips?

Also, what time is the ECM out?

Recently moved house and there is a lamp post right outside - may come in handy later on ;)

few cm possible according to ian and forecasts for mendips although we still have no ppn and its slightly too warm still for proper snow